Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up a DMCA free file sharing site? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting up a DMCA free file sharing site?

Comments

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

Jeez...

Such a big deal for DMCA notices, most of them are bot made, thats why Cloudflare is useful

I have a challenge:

Upload files to http://www.ctfile.com/ or https://cloud.mail.ru/ or https://disk.yandex.ru/ or and try to take it down

Althoght these are russian or chinese, their download pages just have an explicit download button with a direct download

• cociucociu Member

@ somebody of this thread write us truth the contact forum but is dont work , please write us with a tiket at https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/contact.php "tha anonymus guy" , sorry for the message

• @nitro85 said:
    Jeez...

It's easy to take them down, not sure about ctfile.com but mail.ru and yandex will kick you (terminate account or disable sharing) for multiple DMCA notices.

@joelgm said:
    The problem is that "all" of this content is illegal in the sense that they violate intellectual property rights. They're pdfs of expensive books. I don't want to have to remove the content when DMCA notices flow in.

OK, soyoustart has an ip failover. Purchase it with IP block of minimium 4 and have a IP swipped to you. That way you'll able to handle abuses. But still not sure, maybe who have that IP blocks can give more information.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

@alexvolk said:
    It's easy to take them down, not sure about ctfile.com but mail.ru and yandex will kick you (terminate account or disable sharing) for multiple DMCA notices.

Warez scene is my thing since 2007, I have a lot of experience

Taking down content aint that easy, specially when it's not that obvious and many hosts require you to prove the ownership of the content and not just some bogus DMCA request

You can't beat mass duplication and automation, just let others take the blame

This is what you can find on Mega.con.nz terms

To file a counter-notification with us, you must provide a written communication to [email protected] that sets forth the items specified below. Please understand that filing a counter-notification may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party to determine ownership. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation by using this process. The location of the original claimant, and whether or not it was submitted under United States law (governed by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Section 512 g), determines which if any type of counter-notification you may file.

A counter-notification must include at least the following specific elements and any other elements required by applicable law: Identification of the specific URLs of material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled. Your full name, address, telephone number, email address and the username of your MEGA account. The statement "I will accept service of process from the person who provided MEGA with the original copyright complaint or an authorised agent of such person." The statement: "I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled." Signature. A scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted. We can only accept a counter-notification directly from the user from whose account a URL or file has been disabled. For verification, we require that counter-notifications be submitted from the email address associated with the account. Our preferred method of counter-notification submission is via email to [email protected] After we receive your counter notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way.

https://mega.co.nz/#terms

Wanna waste your time trying to take down some 010101's in an ocean of petabytes?

Thanked by 2deadbeef windovv
  • @nitro85 said:
    Warez scene is my thing since 2007. This is what you can find on Mega.con.nz terms

MEGA will not follow that rules if you share a link with the key to access it. They'll delete it also. It's not hard to remove any copyrighted content if you've a permission from copyright holder and again we're talking about real abuses not fake ones.

• nitro85nitro85 Member

@alexvolk said:
    MEGA will not follow that rules if you share a link with the key to access it. They'll delete it also. It's not hard to remove any copyrighted content if you've a permission from copyright holder and again we're talking about real abuses not fake ones.

How a DMCA requester would make a report without know whats in the link?

In Mega.co.nz you have an import button, you can basically create a 1000 links of the same, you can make accountless uploads and imports

• @nitro85 said:
    How a DMCA requester would make a report without know whats in the link?

How are you going to share a file without key to access it? If it's hidden from public and shared between users -> then ok, it will work but if it's public anyone can access and abuse it.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

@alexvolk said:
    How are you going to share a file without key to access it? If it's hidden from public and shared between users -> then ok, it will work but if it's public anyone can access and abuse it.

That key system is complete nonsense BS (just like their encryption/decryption system that burns CPU and kills MW of power everyday), its just like any password system but it's preset, obviously you need to provide the key publicly for users to have access, and again how would someone forward a complain without knowing whats in the link (without key)?

Obviously you need the key in the link to make a complain and send a counter-notification

99.9% of the filehost links you see offline on the web aren't because of complains but because of download innactivity rules for free user of that particular filehost, some delete after 30 days of no downloads, others 60/90 days, and most cloud hosts like Mega and others have no innactivity rules for free users

Mega 50Gb limit per account it's also bogus, there no limit for free user, because you can also make accountless uploads, the counter just passes multiple times and says you're using something like 1294% of your available space

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@hostnoob said:
    Cloudflare will just give out your host/IP if someone asks.

They give out your host and forward abusemail. They do not give out your IP.

nitro85 said: That key system is complete nonsense BS (just like their encryption/decryption system that burns CPU and kills MW of power everyday), its just like any password system but it's preset,

Err, no, that's hogwash. The big difference is that, contrary to the average "password-protected" filehost, they do not actually have the key. It is never sent to the server. That's why encryption and decryption are client-side. And yes, that matters - it's what protects them, because it can't be claimed that they "knew" about content, until the moment an abusemail rolls in.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

@joepie91 said:
    Err, no, that's hogwash. The big difference is that, contrary to the average "password-protected" filehost, they do not actually have the key. It is never sent to the server. That's why encryption and decryption are client-side. And yes, that matters - it's what protects them, because it can't be claimed that they "knew" about content, until the moment an abusemail rolls in.

No they actually don't store the links and keys on a server database, the key appears on my account through a slice of thin air

It's a nonsense excuse that they cant hide behind it

• DylanDylan Member

@joepie91 said:
    They give out your host and forward abusemail. They do not give out your IP.

I'm glad someone said this. They stopped giving IPs out in response to abuse reports years ago.

nitro85 said: No they actually don't store the links and keys on a server database, the key appears on my account through a slice of thin air

It's a nonsense excuse that they cant hide behind it

You should maybe learn how their cryptosystem works before trying to ridicule it.

• @nitro85 said:
    No they actually don't store the links and keys on a server database, the key appears on my account through a slice of thin air

Do you work for them or where did you get that ? Source please, otherwise looks like same BS again.

Sharing a file without a correct key to the public it's the same as giving link to http://depositfiles.com and saying that content I've uploaded is here but hey, no link.

My point was: if you share something to the public -> everyone can access it and copyright holders also thus they'll sent an abuse mail to remove that file.

Don't say again that files aren't removed. They're removed for sure.

• nitro85nitro85 Member

@joepie91 said:
    You should maybe learn how their cryptosystem works before trying to ridicule it.

Anyways it doesn't matter, they just have to deal with reports and complains, like any other host has to do

I don't know any other mainstream filehost/cloudhost that has such encryption system because it does nothing more than frying CPU's worldwide and adding extra wait time

• @nitro85 said:
    Anyways it doesn't matter, they just have to deal with reports and complains, like any other host has to do

Please kindly read this and stop posting BS again

http://torrentfreak.com/dotcoms-mega-removes-legal-files-citing-bogus-dmca-requests-130131/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• why not host a torrent seedbox? just make the seedbox in Romania or Russia or whatever on a normal VPS package. Make it a torrent site only for educational material?

• Cloudflare suspended one of my domains just for running a pirate bay mirror and they forward notices to the ip abuse email anyway, so don't rely on them!

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • nitro85nitro85 Member

@alexvolk said:
    Don't say again that files aren't removed. They're removed for sure.

Jeez, of course I'm not says that they dont remove, it's just not that straghtforward, if its all so encrypted and 100 users have the same file, of course they're not gonna duplicate it 100 times and if 1 link gets taken down the others can't because its all "encrypted" so there's no connection

Mega take down the entire account, after some links complained/reported, thats why it happens, all other files go down too, just use push "Import button" and make an accountless link

nitro85 said: Anyways it doesn't matter, they just have to deal with reports and complains, like any other host has to do

I don't know any other mainstream filehost/cloudhost that has such encryption system because it does nothing more than frying CPU's worldwide and adding extra wait time

Again, the encryption isn't designed to prevent abusemail. It's there to prevent them from being held liable for what was on their service, because they literally couldn't have known.

It's a legal protection for Mega, and nothing else. I've run out of ways to explain this to you.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Plenty of people here is giving bad/random advice: @joelgm does want to ALWAYS ignore copyright abuse for books.

If @cociu wants to host you that's a very cheap option for now, but if you grow and he keeps ignoring abuse he's going to end in some trouble, even if he thinks he won't.

After that initial period, I assume you would have some more traffic and you could probably pay a bit more for decent hosting in Russia as William said. Not very expensive either, and there is already a lot of book piracy hosted there. If you don't get Russian/CIS traffic, you could also block those countries, although that's not needed at this point.

For the domain, use a non US-based registrar, specially if that's where the publishers are from. Plenty of choices here, do a little bit of research.

Finally, you probably want to be anonymous/not linked to this site. Even if they can't get the site down, they can sue you.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited May 2015

Just for all your information: anyone can easily get the true IP behind CF. You don't even have to contact CF, there's a site which does that. Pm if someone's interested in the url.

And @nitro85 is correct. Taking stuff down from och's isn't THAT easy. I already tried multiple times to get cracked Android apps (developed by me) down but everywhere I got a big form, prove ownership, send pass port and so on.. I stopped trying to get these apps down.

Thanked by 1nitro85
  • nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

I'm gonna drop my last sugestion here

The person that created this filehost says its completely bulletproof DMCA, run by badass bitches and clearly anonymous as it portraits

http://www.bitchdrive.com

You guys should give it a chance

It uses Yetishare script and @TinyTunnel_Tom dont hate on it or those bitches will shotout off your screen

edited May 2015

nitro85 said: You guys should give it a chance

Hosted at an Icelandic shared hosting box. Not exactly hard to get it down :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

would set up .onion . Downloading the tor browser bundle takes almost no effort whatsoever. I have never received a DMCA notice but am already so annoyed by the possibility that I just use tor/vpn layers

• CloudFlare may protect against DDoS attacks, but sure does a bad job in weeding out illegal sites. LinuxTheFish got unlucky - honestly, I wouldn't worry about it .

• @nexusrain said:
    Just for all your information:** anyone can easily get the true IP behind CF**. You don't even have to contact CF, there's a site which does that. Pm if someone's interested in the url.

And nitro85 is correct. Taking stuff down from och's isn't THAT easy. I already tried multiple times to get cracked Android apps (developed by me) down but everywhere I got a big form, prove ownership, send pass port and so on.. I stopped trying to get these apps down.

only if the site leaks it. (i.e. by email or remote downloading)

if your site will support remote downloading, people can find out the IP easily.

• I am so curious that how can CloudFlare offer services to TPB. CF is a US company and the US gov hates TPB.

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    I am so curious that how can CloudFlare offer services to TPB. CF is a US company and the US gov hates TPB.

They haven't been pressured to stop doing it and they love the publicity, so for now they are hosting many dubious sites. They probably will stop doing this in the coming years.

• Mega hard lots of my uploaders accounts closed. We are now migrating to our own cloud style system. With fail over and redundancy

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • TrafficTraffic Member

@cociu can do this in RO. Great prices, great service, great support.

@cociu asked if the books were romanian, because then he would have problems ;)

IF the books aren't romanian, then you can host with him.

And thumbs up to you. Knowledge must be free.