Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting Down ? (Resolved. Issues? Open a ticket first!) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting Down ? (Resolved. Issues? Open a ticket first!)

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

For all of you that blaming MCH because he does not have backups and he had a disaster in his setup.
    There is a better alternative out there, that guarantee that always there will be backups.

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-packages.html

The equal to MCH's pachage of 5$ per month is just 35$ per month. So, change provider now.

• socialssocials Member

@jvnadr said:
    For all of you that blaming MCH because he does not have backups and he had a disaster in his setup.
    There is a better alternative out there, that guarantee that always there will be backups.

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-packages.html

The equal to MCH's pachage of 5$ per month is just 35$ per month. So, change provider now.

Funny.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

socials said: Funny

I am not saying that @MCHphil does not have responsibility about this disaster. He is the provider, he should run smoothly his service. Full backups of the service could be a plus, infrastructure that has a bullet proof resistance to such catastrophic scenarios would be nice.
    All in all, this incidence is destroying (at least a part of) the good name of this provider. But it is unrealistic to expect MCH, Linode, AWS and all the others having the same performance / stability, because, if that was the case, then, there would not be such pricing differences.

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • por favor, maybe LET providers should have high availability at current rates too!

Thanked by 2Traffic MikePT
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@century1stop said:
    por favor, maybe LET providers should have high availability at current rates too!

And worldwide replication to avoid data loss. All for the same price, including a CDN with at least 50 POPs free of charge, of course.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hahaha

gonna get lotsa disappearing acts.........

• FredQcFredQc Member

@mpkossen I think that everything is back to "normal" now. Maybe we should close this topic ?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

FredQc said: @mpkossen I think that everything is back to "normal" now. Maybe we should close this topic ?

Or you can just let it die instead of bumping it back to the top with a useless post like mine?

(or use the flag button if you feel compelled)

• RurikoRuriko Member

not everything is back to normal cause vps is still down and support ticket site is still down so I'm unable to email support :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:
    Maybe we should close this topic ?

I'm sure there are more things to discuss. If not, this thread will sink and not return until next time.

• sleddogsleddog Member

mikho said: I'm sure there are more things to discuss. If not, this thread will sink and not return until next time.

@FredQC started the thread. If he requests you close it then I think you should. OP rights!

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

For all we know Phil told him to try and get the thread closed.

Phil probably wants to run another offer thread and it doesn't look good to have this thread (exposing how his nodes crumbled after simply being rebooted) hanging around up top.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @JoeMerit said:

I don't think the community needs more conjecture.

Thanked by 2perennate FrankZ
  • kendidkendid Veteran

I'm still down too... moved over to my other server... Hoping for the best!

• If this was the first time, give them some time to recover please. But if happens again and again than there are lot of providers that can provide better services.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2015

LOL different things entirely but ok. You guys and your drama :D

All VM's are up, have been since thursday afternoon. If you have an issue please submit a ticket.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015

• kendidkendid Veteran

My mistake, didn't realize I needed to reinstall ... up and running!

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2015

@sygw said:

Never again will fall for things "cheap"

I love it when the requests forum fills up with that word, reminds me of all the birds in the tree in my backyard. :)

EDIT: Uh, good luck getting everything stabilized and running smoothly again.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@JoeMerit said:

Phil probably wants to run another offer thread and it doesn't look good to have this thread (exposing how his nodes crumbled after simply being rebooted) hanging around up top.

What ? You're one little paranoid man...

I asked to close this thread because I don't want it to become the "MyCustomHosting Cest pit"

Phil said that the nodes are UP and and everyone has received their credits due to the incident.

What more to discuss ?

• jvnadr said: If you see an add of a fridge that is big enough but eats a lot of energy, the add will say "you can put in the fridge tons of food". They won't advertize that it will cost you $$$ in your electric bill. But, if you search the specs in the manual, you will see exactly how much energy this fridge needs to operate.

So, if you go to a web site to order this fridge, then, you should not only look what the production company is advertising, but search the manual, the complete specs and, if this is possible, search in forums / web what other people that have bought the same fridge saying about it. Are they happy? Did they find out any problems?
    If you just order a fridge because you saw in an add that it is... gorgeous, do not cry when it comes home and realize that there was some specs you didn't like them. Search first.

The customer.. doing research before buying something?? Now you're just being silly.

Thanked by 2Francisco jvnadr
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@MCHPhil your front page not only still has a "Off-site Backups" section under "Why Choose My Custom Hosting", but under the $10/yr "KVM VPS" plan it still quite boldly says "Nightly Off-site Backups" (unless you're just taking the backup of the small plan, which I suppose makes sense? although you could make it more clear to avoid deceiving customers).

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2015

You are seeing a cache from Cloudflare, check out http://mycustomhosting.net/. I understand this is my fault and I am going to get it cleared in Cloudflare now. Again, admitted, I did not originally remove it from these spots. I removed it from the kvm-vps.php page. If the distinction is not clear enough please let me know. Next offer thread is reworded also. Something to the tune of "THESE VPS ARE NOT BACKED UP BY THE PROVIDER" I do not remember if I mentioned but OVZ was backed up prior. Till I dropped OVZ permenantly. I used bacula4hosts, they made the OVZ module on my infrastructure. Fun little tid bit.

< BOLD > I take no backups of KVM VPS at this time. < / BOLD >

Edit: Cache is showing cleared for me.

Thanked by 2perennate FrankZ
  • All My Data were Lost , No backupable

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

MyCustomDisaster !!

• J1021J1021 Member

@BharatB said:
    MyCustomDisaster !!

banter.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

@kcaj said:
    banter. drollery

Fixed it for you :)

@MCHPhil said:
    I take no backups of KVM VPS at this time.

• kendidkendid Veteran

This is a good reminder to me to back up all my other services with other providers as well -- haven't done it for a while... Can happen to anyone!

• Sad Story

@kendid said:
    This is a good reminder to me to back up all my other services with other providers as well -- haven't done it for a while... Can happen to anyone!

This discussion has been closed.