Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hotsnow said:
    However this will be changing later this month

He wrote here that'd be no problem, IIRC...

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • We have some test dedicated boxes at Delimiter and we are pretty happy with the servers. Its the best for the price.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

virtualizor said: We have some test dedicated boxes at Delimiter and we are pretty happy with the servers. Its the best for the price.

How often have you needed support?

• @dnwk I am waiting too

What are you waiting on?

• MarkTurner said: What are you waiting on?

Myself personally am waiting for the damn refund in case you did not know yet ;)

• @Nekki said:
    How often have you needed support?

Never. But if you want to access kvmover ip with the $20 servers, you will need a browser with java 6. But thats not delimiter's problem, its basically a java issue.

• @Virtualizor - or just disable TLS on later versions of Java.

• kvm Over IP functions will work properly if you disable tsl. Also add that iLO ip to whitelist. It will help you to solve few minor bugs with iLO interface.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited May 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    What are you waiting on?

Ticket #436482
    Invoice #175476 Ordered but appeared to be cancelled without refunds and no reason given

• @dnwk - you were notified on 05/01/2015 18:18 that your contact information was incorrect/unverifiable. As you have not corrected it the order has been rejected. If you want this server you will need to provide valid contact information.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@MarkTurner said:
    dnwk - you were notified on 05/01/2015 18:18 that your contact information was incorrect/unverifiable. As you have not corrected it the order has been rejected. If you want this server you will need to provide valid contact information.

I create the ticket asking for clarification on what information you need and never receive a reply.

• @dnwk - the stock email that they send out is quite clear on this point - provide valid contact information. I haven't seen your provided information yet, but its clearly not verifiable. So if you are not prepared to provide accurate information then just leave it to cancel/refund.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@MarkTurner said:
    dnwk - the stock email that they send out is quite clear on this point - provide valid contact information. I haven't seen your provided information yet, but its clearly not verifiable. So if you are not prepared to provide accurate information then just leave it to cancel/refund.

If reply a "Yes" to that ticket is so difficult? And you did not refund the order

• @dnwk - Just leave to cancel/refund, you should see a refund go out on the next batch on Friday. I have seen the provided information now and I can see why its on hold. IP in one place, phone in another and an address in another which isn't even a street address.

• @deadbeef said:

I used to LOVE that song on either an old Tony Hawks or Matt Hoffman game.

"All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi!"

This is the original version I think

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@MarkTurner said:
    dnwk - Just leave to cancel/refund, you should see a refund go out on the next batch on Friday. I have seen the provided information now and I can see why its on hold. IP in one place, phone in another and an address in another which isn't even a street address.

It's Friday. Where is the refund

• NekkiNekki Veteran

dnwk said: It's Friday. Where is the refund

Based on @Joodle's experience, you're probably looking at Monday.

• @Nekki said:
    Based on Joodle's experience, you're probably looking at Monday.

Maybe his refund address is in the wrong place too?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I can't believe people complain about provisioning times when they lie about their Info. my servers were provisioned within hours of ordering.

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2015

@agoldenberg I don't lie about my infos and I'm an active client of Delimiter. Still, my last order (L5520) was privisioned in exactly 24 hours. So way after the "same day delivery" :)

• UmairUmair Member

WOW,
    So looks like I am not the only one who had bad (or at least frustrating as hell) experience with Delimiter.

Their sales is certainly not even interested to listen or to help. They can cancel your order anytime for whatever xyz reason and they won't even tell you why.

Fortunately I did get my refund. But the way they treated, I will keep myself the hell from them.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

Seriously, I bought a Delimiter special deal and I'm really disapointed about the support staff. Useless reply to ticket without good information and they close it automatically. Issue not resolved, can't use the server properly. I cancel the service and will try to find another provider who cares about the support to their customer... :(

I found that really weird from this provider...

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack of thread.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • BruceBruce Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Issue not resolved, can't use the server properly.

what was the issue? just interested to know

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Bruce said:
    what was the issue? just interested to know

IPMI not working well. (I'm not talking about the whitelist of the JAVA console). I'm more disapointed in the fact the support reply really short answer without really sense and not talking about the issue and close the ticket directly. Weird method to communicate in my opinion.

To be more related to topic. Really fast delivery, less than an 1 hour.

• davidgestiondbi said: IPMI not working well

Mine is working fine. I'm using IE to access it.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • BruceBruce Member

@sdglhm said:
    Mine is working fine. I'm using IE to access it.

all mine work fine too

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Chrome/Fx didn't went well with that interface. :) Switch to IE and check it.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

After hearing everybody's positive reviews of Delimiter, I decided to give them another try, Provisioning of the server took 5 business days. I was on the end of the large sales que. Provisioning of an IPv6 /64 took only 19 hours. Everything works as it should and the network seems better then last year.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5420  @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  2500.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7849 MB
    Total amount of swap : 7999 MB
    System uptime :   5 days, 19:00,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 72.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 55.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 68.3MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.3MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 6.53MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.15MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 31.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 31.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 45.6MB/s
    I/O speed :  57.7 MB/s

I have been told the key to support is to email Steve directly. Personally I have found that PM'ing Mark Turner for real problems will get you the best answer, and point you in the right direction for resolution.

• FrankZ said: Personally I have found that PM'ing Mark Turner for real problems will get you the best answer, and point you in the right direction for resolution.

I suggest delimiter to pay Mark for his service ;)

• davidgestiondbi said: IPMI not working well. (I'm not talking about the whitelist of the JAVA console). I'm more disapointed in the fact the support reply really short answer without really sense and not talking about the issue and close the ticket directly. Weird method to communicate in my opinion.

I expect you just got a stock response, telling you exactly what I am about to tell you. There is not a lot else to say. This is an expected and published solution by Oracle.

The HP ILO's work perfectly. I expect you are being caught on Java's busted TLS functionality. Just disable it and its plain sailing. Or if you are running IE then use the ActiveX version of the Remote Console.