Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    The last of the backorders of this L5420 server were cleared about an hour ago. If anyone still has one pending please PM me, but from what I heard they are up to date.

There will be another 100 units available on Monday for same day delivery. So if you missed out you can pick one up this time.

Can they swap me my HDD to that oen? butr with 16GB ram, please :P

• @netomx - no, you need to order a fresh system and if you want 16GB, add an additional 8GB

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    netomx - no, you need to order a fresh system and if you want 16GB, add an additional 8GB

bah, no thank you, I prefer paying $20 :P

• Server just provisioned. Seems like very stable. @markturner Thank you for your help. I will get back with Benchmark tests soon.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Still haven't got any refund, just shot in a ticket just to be sure they did not forget me. I do find it quite strange that they removed my account over there while I haven't got my money back yet.

• @joodle said:

Still haven't got any refund, just shot in a ticket just to be sure they did not forget me. I do find it quite strange that they removed my account over there while I haven't got my money back yet.

From now on, I think their support is :(

• joodle said: till haven't got any refund, just shot in a ticket just to be sure they did not forget me.

Refunds are usually done on Fridays so I would have expected this last Friday. It may have been pushed off to Monday as they were frantically clearing orders.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

XIAOSpider97 said: From now on, I think their support is :(

E5420 <-> L5420 28 points difference on cpubenchmark ,_, does it really matter?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@4n0nx - close enough for me :)

• @4n0nx said:
    E5420 <-> L5420 28 points difference on cpubenchmark ,_, does it really matter?

Not because of this.

Their ticket speed is too slow.

• BruceBruce Member

had to wait a whole hour for support yesterday. terrible :)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I quoted the wrong person. :( Meant to @joodle

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2015

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Their ticket speed is too slow.

I wonder if have any updates on the TWTELECOM route? although very likely no ...

• @hotsnow said:
    I wonder if have any updates on the TWTELECOM route? although very likely no ...

8 days passed, got my IPv6 block.

twtelecom no update. I means the incoming. Outgoing to both CT and CU are twtelecom, as I said......

I don't know whether I should keep this dedi box or not.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    I don't know whether I should keep this dedi box or not.

it seems their efficiency are extremely slow, except MarkTurner :p

• @hotsnow said:
    it seems their efficiency are extremely slow, except MarkTurner :p

Mark is good, but the support team of Delimiter is not good.

The 1st time I submitted the ticket of IPv6 to "Dedicated Server Support", they simply repiled "If you want IPv6 put in a ticket using the IP Allocation Request.", without directly push the ticket to that section. Kind of... foolish.

• BruceBruce Member

low margin = need to keep overheads low. that means support is sometimes slow. not always though.

especially when there's a new offer, and therefore lots of new orders. not ideal, but it is what it is.

would be nice if IPv6 is provisioned automatically with the service, rather than having to submit ticket later.

• @XIOASpider97 - The 1st time I submitted the ticket of IPv6 to "Dedicated Server Support", they simply repiled "If you want IPv6 put in a ticket using the IP Allocation Request.", without directly push the ticket to that section. Kind of... foolish.

When you raise a ticket, its copied from WHMCS into our internal ticketing system. If it arrives in the wrong department then they can't change it.

To make an IPv6 request they need to escalate it from the tickets system to NetOps, they can only do a direct escalation on IP requests.

On your question about routes, there is no way for us to make any long term changes to our routing to CU/CT because as fast as we route one way, they change their routing policy and its breaks again. We could setup specific IP blocks with specific routing but in turn we would charge Delimiter for this and a higher per Mbps price to cover the increased operation cost. They are not interested in offering it as an addon cost. This issue affects < 1% of their customer, so there is no benefit to inflict this cost on the other 99% customers who have no benefit of it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    On your question about routes, there is no way for us to make any long term changes to our routing to CU/CT because as fast as we route one way, they change their routing policy and its breaks again. We could setup specific IP blocks with specific routing but in turn we would charge Delimiter for this and a higher per Mbps price to cover the increased operation cost. They are not interested in offering it as an addon cost. This issue affects < 1% of their customer, so there is no benefit to inflict this cost on the other 99% customers who have no benefit of it.

I thought WHMCS could do that... sry.

For the route we CAN understand you, as you don't have MANY Chinese customers. Just take it easy :)

• @XIAOSpider97 - WHMCS is just what you use, when you raise a ticket it gets copied back to Kayako which is used internally. When an update is made its copied back to WHMCS.

• MarkTurner said: Kayako which is used

Ah. I've used it. It still missing some quality functions.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

Just ordered one server, only 14 minutes after paid, I got the server, it's so fast this time, lol

@MarkTurner do you support the reverse dns delegation of IPv6 subnet? thanks.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hotsnow said:
    Just ordered one server, only 14 minutes after paid, I got the server, it's so fast this time, lol

MarkTurner do you support the reverse dns delegation of IPv6 subnet? thanks.

They do. Send them a ticket.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • BruceBruce Member

they have a specific dept for it - Reverse DNS Requests

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • vanjavavanjava Member

me to, my server not yet deliver. i need its to transfer my hosting because my account was suspend on hawkhost because over resource, i need very fast ready server

• hotsnow said: Just ordered one server, only 14 minutes after paid, I got the server, it's so fast this time, lol

Thats more like it!

Thanked by 2netomx hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2015

MrGeneral said:

Bruce said:
    they have a specific dept for it - Reverse DNS Requests

OMG, it seems first I need got the ipv6, then send another ticket, have no idea when will get it and setup ...hope not too long

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@MarkTurner I got this reply from paul :(

We do not offer IPv6 delegation at this time.

However this will be changing later this month

• dnwkdnwk Member

I am waiting too

• @MarkTurner said:
    Refunds are usually done on Fridays so I would have expected this last Friday. It may have been pushed off to Monday as they were frantically clearing orders.

Monday has gone by, and still no refund..