Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning

Comments

• MarkTurner said: So under usual circumstances your last day for delivery would be close of business (EDT) today.

That was the only reply I've wanted. As few of my clients are trying to eat my head.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@sdglhm said:
    That was the only reply I've wanted. As few of my clients are trying to eat my head.

explain them this is not peanuts...

• sdglhm said: That was the only reply I've wanted. As few of my clients are trying to eat my head.

But you have that exact statement in the original posting you made here. Did you not understand that?

• I personally know how hard its to maintain a large customer base. Back then I was the only one in my company (wasn't registered as a company) and had to reply all customer tickets.

Even there are 100+ employees, it's still hard to manage customer base as frequent request and support tickets. I haven't said that Delimiter guys are bad. As I've learned from the reviews, they're really good. Only thing is there is a small delay in client tickets. But I highly appreciate even one single respond. Because I know how hard it's to reply a ticket with the work load.

I humbly ask apology from Delimiter guys if I've done anything offending you. I'm really sorry. But even I have to reply my client (who is willing to host his company website) with dates. That is the main reason I've pinged you two times.

Also I've posted this thread only to get an idea about dedi provisioning ETA. Not to criticize or something.

Thank you all for your replies.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MarkTurner said: Did you not understand that?

It didn't had any exact numbers (today) It was the main reason I've tried contact you guys.

• The information is all there. Obviously if your order was not accepted the next day then this timeline is out. But the assumption as I said was that there were no issues.

• netomx said: this is not peanuts

Most of them are not tech savvy people. I've tried explaining them. How server is going to provision and how long it will take normally. But they kept asking about exact time frame. I cannot give exact date as it wasn't confirmed by a Delimiter guy.

• BruceBruce Member

for those with delimiter servers and wanting IPv6. tyr looking at output from ifconfig ;)

IP address is allocated via DHCP. includes v6 too

inet6 addr: fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx/64 Scope:Link

no need for ticket!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Bruce - Not the case. IPv6 is not assigned by DHCP

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • Bruce said: IP address is allocated via DHCP. includes v6 too

Cool. It seems like I may move all my servers to Delimiter soon.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited May 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Bruce - Not the case. IPv6 is not assigned by DHCP

er OK, but why the mention of IPv6 then ? maybe I checked a server that already had v6 issued :S

• @MarkTurner - If you guys ever plan to open a Sri Lanka branch. I'm happy to help you for free. I've just read some reviews about your company and seems like this is the end to my dc journey. In less than two or three months, I will move all my dedi boxes to Delimiter.

• @bruce fe80 = link-local

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • Anyway, you guys supports IPv6. Isn't it?

• sdglhm said: If you guys ever plan to open a Sri Lanka branch. I'm happy to help you for free. I've just read some reviews about your company and seems like this is the end to my dc journey. In less than two or three months, I will move all my dedi boxes to Delimiter.

• ourvpsourvps Member

@MarkTurner I order a server on 04/29/2015.But 10 days has been past,the server didnt deliveried.And I had opened a ticket [05/06/2015],but I didnt recieved any response..

• @Linkking said:
    sdglhm said: If you guys ever plan to open a Sri Lanka branch. I'm happy to help you for free. I've just read some reviews about your company and seems like this is the end to my dc journey. In less than two or three months, I will move all my dedi boxes to Delimiter.

EXACTLY..

• Linkking said: If you guys ever plan to open a Sri Lanka branch. I'm happy to help you for free

Ha Ha. I wasn't butt licking. But we need a good DC here. Many of Sri Lankan game communities need low ping servers that are located in Sri Lanka. Even sri lanka base web service providers need quality Sri Lanka base hosting. Even sometimes I need good quality Sri Lanka servers.

I've tried opening a small scale DC here. But due to ISP's and other shits regulations and shits. I wasn't able to do so. I really wish that there were good LK DC.

• @sdglhm said:
    I've tried opening a small scale DC here. But due to ISP's and other shits regulations and shits. I wasn't able to do so. I really wish that there were good LK DC.

Just hop boarder see what's possible there.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

self embarrassment so stronk it hurts my soul >:(

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited May 2015

I feel ashamed at even bring it up, I thought I was a more patient man than this but I appear to be at my limit.
    I'm still waiting for Delimiter to deliver the $20 L5420 server that I ordered on the 28th last month. After almost a working week's worth of waiting and hearing nothing I placed a ticket in their 'Order Management' section for some sort of update and that hasn't received a reply after roughly 50 hours and counting.
    I then messaged the incredibly helpful MarkTurner and asked him to look into it and got a reply a mere few hours later stating that he was investigating, this being well over 24 hours ago and I haven't heard anything from either parties since.

Now don't get me wrong, It's not Mark's job nor responsibility to look into these things, I appreciate him even reading/responding my PM and I've certainly got more feed back from him than Delimiter at this point so this isn't an attack against him at all but I'm feeling very shut out at this point. I have utterly no idea where to go from here other than to continue waiting and hope that someone from Delimiter themselves realizes I'm even here.

Hell this has left a sour feeling to the whole deal, I'm not sure I would even like to keep the server anymore, a decision I'll need to make whenever the server decides to show up.

In contrast I received more information and faster ticket(email) turnover from VolumeDrive about my dedicated server and the expected ETA a few years ago than I have so far from Delimiter.

//Rant, I'll go hide in a corner now for speaking ill of Delimiter here on LET.
    //Reminder not an attack against Mark at all, I appreciate everything the man does.
    //Knowing my luck I'm going to hit post and I'm going to receive an email with activation details in a few minutes making myself look like an absolute ass.

EDIT: As predicted I must eat my words, server details did indeed come through a few minutes after I posted this.

• @Umcookies - Without question this is a frustrating situation. I sent a request for update over yesterday, I got back that it was pending provisioning and check back by close of business Friday. Thats in 1 hour and 20 minutes. So we'll check in at that time and confirm its picked or provisioned and if not we can move on from there.

Thanked by 2Umcookies MikePT
  • BruceBruce Member

one week of anticipation/frustration. followed by months of perfect service. you will soon forget that first week

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @Umcookies said:

yeah I had this same rant typed up too but decided not to post it.. I just gave up and sent in a cancellation request as their customer support seems to really be lacking big time. I should mention that I didn't want to bother @markturner, its not his responsibility to follow up. Very disappointed in the service.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Umcookies - Without question this is a frustrating situation. I sent a request for update over yesterday, I got back that it was pending provisioning and check back by close of business Friday. Thats in 1 hour and 20 minutes. So we'll check in at that time and confirm its picked or provisioned and if not we can move on from there.

I thank you again and again and again but it never feels enough, you are honestly probably the only reason Delimiter is anywhere near as successful here on LET.
    I shall eagerly await an email whenever I arise, its 6:30 am and I simply cannot wait around any longer.

And I apologise for skipping our PM and making this public but this thread spured me on and was the excuse I needed to go on a little rant.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Umcookies - there were twice as many servers ordered as expected. Then so many of them came in incomplete, fraudulent, carders and so. Then Monday holiday here. Adds more and more time to every process.

• @Bruce said:
    one week of anticipation/frustration. followed by months of perfect service. you will soon forget that first week

I've actually had the x5150 in the past and it was great, minus a small power outage where the DC had to 'coldboot' the server. This whole situation had caught me off guard though. Too add to the tension I had recommend a friend give Delimter a shot, which he has and after my promises I had a bit of expaining to do. However looks like its all coming good now.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • belinikbelinik Member
    edited May 2015

@MarkTurner victim of the success of that monthly promotion?

gotta say, I was one of the people who jumped on the gun when the atom first came out, then the whole atlanta snow storm etc, waited for a very long time(3 or 4 weeks?). But I kept calm as I know they don't have the infrastructure like OVH they can customize everything and provision automatically. And when they are behind it's not like they can hire more people just for the burst of sales(chances are a good chunk of the profit will be gone.)

In the end I ask for a refund and someone actually called me telling me they are sorry and refunded my paypal. I have yet to pay delimiter a single penny but from what I experience, especially with mark's presence I am will not think and refer friends that does not need 5 minute fix(like liquidweb) to Delimiter's service.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @sdglhm said:
    Consulting a psychologist will help with anger management

• The last of the backorders of this L5420 server were cleared about an hour ago. If anyone still has one pending please PM me, but from what I heard they are up to date.

There will be another 100 units available on Monday for same day delivery. So if you missed out you can pick one up this time.