Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

I know who you are.. and its funny cause i never actually had an issue with you while a lot of other people did, not sure why you choose to have a confrontation with me? I don't ever recall initiating a conversation with you but yet you keep choosing to start one with me?

Thanked by 1kzed
  • @earl how do you know who I am when I was never here before? Tell me and everyone else who I am then? If you think i have a prior screenname - name it and claim it. Tell the mods, make a fucking ass out of yourself because I was never here before this screenname.

• @Seriously2015 said:
    earl how do you know who I am when I was never here before? Tell me and everyone else who I am then? If you think i have a prior screenname - name it and claim it. Tell the mods, make a fucking ass out of yourself because I was never here before this screenname.

The only person making an ass of themselves is you... Can you please stop?

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    earl how do you know who I am when I was never here before? Tell me and everyone else who I am then? If you think i have a prior screenname - name it and claim it. Tell the mods, make a fucking ass out of yourself because I was never here before this screenname.

I think I'm going to be the adult here and say no comment.. but pls don't let me interrupt you from your swearing fest..

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • because you are a liar.

• Because you know I was never here before

• earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    because you are a liar.

Yes.. it sounds very familiar

• akaemuakaemu Member

@doughnet - basically same scenario here so good news your not alone!

• NomadNomad Member

Wow...

The person who was urging people to grow up turns out to be the kid in the neighborhood.

Anyway, let's talk about something serious.
    Back to topic everyone.

@doughnet, You should give them some time. Considering the amount of orders they had, I bet their hands are full. And 1-2 business days for server setup is considered fast for some (:

Thanked by 1earl
  • i ordered 4 of their 32gb X5650 3 weeks ago and they delivered 2 before the end of 48h and the other 2 after another 48h.

i ordered 2 more on Tuesday and i expect delivery in 7-9 days

Thanked by 2earl inthecloudblog
  • earlearl Member

Hmm.. I went to grab some lunch and now it seems someone decides to take a permanent vacation!

Funny how some folks find it perfectly acceptable to insult others but feel offended when the favor is returned..

Anyways.. sorry about that everyone.

• @Nomad said:

doughnet, You should give them some time. Considering the amount of orders they had, I bet their hands are full. And 1-2 business days for server setup is considered fast for some (:

True. That is understandable, but proper business would be to inform the customer of the delay. At least that is how I run my businesses. Customer service is a priority not "when I have time to do it".

• Ca

IThinkUFailed said: That's pretty cool. Do you mean $200 per shipping container or $200 per server. I mean thing is if you

$200/server

IThinkUFailed said: guys can get these systems why don't you offer them? I bet Delimiter would make a killing round here... Personally I'd love a server in the UK with dual X5650 or E5-2620 so I'd be tempted on one of these colo'd in UK but my biggest issue is the cost of Colocation due to UK electric being much more expensive and with remote hands fee if something were to fail I don't know if it would be financially viable for a hobbyist, Perhaps Mark could shed some light on that as he has connections and may have a better idea of the cost per month? If you don't mind sharing please ;)

Most of the kit being dumped is Dell, Supermicro, Lenovo. We bought some Lenovo RS140 (E3's) which are being offered already. Dell we don't use due to the IPMI issues.

UK is not cheap, we are retrofitting space in Ealing at the moment which will be ready for Christmas. Then we can offer low cost servers in UK.

We can't use our existing space because there are more profitable services that can be run from there.

The two biggest issues with Quadix so far is that they are using kingston SSDs which fail frequently and their past history... So I am still not that worried about purchasing a system from them simply because as Mark said, these systems are cheap to buy anyway they shouldn't need a leasing company and if what has been publicly stated is 100% correct no company would go near them... My only other bit of info I need is how stable is their network? Does it go down once every year or so or is it frequently per month...

I doubt VolumeDrive has leasing, they more than likely paid $$ so from that perspective I dont think you'll suddenly find the kit repo'ed.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

@Seriously2015 NM, not my place.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Ca

I doubt VolumeDrive has leasing, they more than likely paid $$ so from that perspective I dont think you'll suddenly find the kit repo'ed.

Could you send me a pm when your ealing place is done and services are active? Also is that Ealing London?

Thanks

• earlearl Member

Hey @FrankZ.. anymore calls from ikoula :p They canceled my cloud account today cause I never used it.. dont see the point since the dedi works out to be cheaper.

• wychwych Member

MarkTurner said: UK is not cheap, we are retrofitting space in Ealing at the moment which will be ready for Christmas. Then we can offer low cost servers in UK.

Interesting...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Hi @earl. They called me three days ago, but I was not available. They said they would call back, but never did. I wanted the cloud for their Miami location, but it has not been available since my account was approved. I agree that their dedicated servers have been a great deal, and so I also am sticking with those and not currently using the cloud in France. My cloud account is still active in the control panel.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Finally got the box setup.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz Number of cores : 8 CPU frequency : 3192.895 MHz Total amount of ram : 16034 MB Total amount of swap : 15359 MB Download speed from CacheFly: 26.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Fremont, CA: 4.25MB/s Download speed from Linode, Newark, NJ: 20.2MB/s Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 356KB/s Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 6.33MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.82MB/s Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 6.46MB/s Download speed from OVH, Beauharnois, QC, Canada: Download speed from OVH, Roubaix, France: 473KB/s Download speed from LeaseWeb, Haarlem, NL: 3.87MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.95MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.02MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 18.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.78MB/s I/O speed : 216 MB/s

Thanked by 1earl
  • The SSD Included:

Hardware Class: disk Model: "KINGSTON SV300S3" Vendor: "KINGSTON" Device: "SV300S3" Revision: "583A" Serial ID: "50026B785200FEB7" Driver: "ahci", "sd" Driver Modules: "ahci" Device File: /dev/sda

Thanked by 1earl
  • FredQcFredQc Member

@doughnet said:
    The SSD Included:

Hardware Class: disk Model: "KINGSTON SV300S3" Vendor: "KINGSTON" Device: "SV300S3" Revision: "583A" Serial ID: "50026B785200FEB7" Driver: "ahci", "sd" Driver Modules: "ahci" Device File: /dev/sda

I think that advertising "Enterprise SSD" in there offers / order pages is very misleading.

• doughnetdoughnet Member
    edited May 2015

True. I'll see about getting a discount on my monthly bill since I'm paying extra for the ssd.

UPDATE: Pretty much customer service/support explained to me that the SSD pricing is not negotiable even when I mentioned that the uni. Also I was informed that a Kingston SV300S3 (desktop/consumer grade SSD) has nothing wrong with them and it is sufficient to be classified as a "enterprise SSD". It is also the only SSD they offer (which is a lie since another user mention they got an OCZ for an SSD, another desktop/consumer grade product). Also any further inquiries need to be sent to josh. Quite disappointing that they have false advertising of their services/hardware.

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    An excellent way to explain it actually... This should be the analogy of LowEndTalk...

Best Quote ever

• @sigmaphi said:
    Best Quote ever

Thanks but honestly that goes to Earl as he created it ;)

• earlearl Member

@sigmaphi said:
    Best Quote ever

I'm unsure if you're referring to me? cause as someone here pointed out I'm pretty much clueless..

If you are it's probably untrue as you get more thanks for calling somebody a shill without any basis then you do from speaking the truth!

But thanks either way..

Thanked by 2Scottsman MikePT
  • @FredQc said:
    I think that advertising "Enterprise SSD" in there offers / order pages is very misleading.

We utilize both Kingston and OCZ Deneva brand SSD drives throughout our hardware line.

• UPDATE:

For anyone still interested in the E3 server promotion; We will be taking pre-orders starting this week with a new shipment arriving by the end of the week. Anyone interested can write to [email protected] for more information.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

volumedrive said: We utilize both Kingston and OCZ Deneva brand SSD drives throughout our hardware line.

so not exactly "enterprise" more like crappy budget SSD's

• @volumedrive said:
    We utilize both Kingston and OCZ Deneva brand SSD drives throughout our hardware line, typically our E3 machines are the Kingston (brand new drives) and our L5630 or X5650 offerings are the OCZ (we will specify this more clearly in our posts moving forward) @doughnet If you'd like a replacement to an OCZ Deneva brand SSD, let us know and we'll take care of it right away.

http://ocz.com/enterprise/deneva-2-sata-ssd

In addition, the Kingston SSD's are a great performing SSD for a $28 E3 server.

Manufacturer Performance Estimate:

Max Sequential Read
    Up to 450 MB/s

Max Sequential Write
    Up to 450 MB/s

4KB Random Read
    Up to 85,000 IOPS

4KB Random Write
    Up to 43,000 IOPS

MTBF
    1,000,000 hours

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited May 2015

In addition, the Kingston SSD's are a great performing SSD for a $28 E3 server.

Manufacturer Performance Estimate:

Max Sequential Read Up to 450 MB/s

Max Sequential Write Up to 450 MB/s

4KB Random Read Up to 85,000 IOPS

4KB Random Write Up to 43,000 IOPS

MTBF 1,000,000 hours

Kingston Value ones are terrible, and 450MB? that was maybe good 5+ yrs ago. these days Crucial Drives are quite cheap as are samsung 840's

not only that those kingston drives have a high rate of failure.