Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid virpus.com, who deceives their customers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid virpus.com, who deceives their customers

13»

Comments

• VNKenVNKen Member

@ATHK said:

Just trying to get to the bottom of your alleged experience with us. You'd be surprised how many people say they've used our services yet the truth be quite the opposite. That's all... no big deal.

• @VNKen said:
    Just trying to get to the bottom of your alleged experience with us. You'd be surprised how many people say they've used our services yet the truth be quite the opposite. That's all... no big deal.

That's kind of foolish, since it can be easily checked. I prefer truth. :)

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Master_Bo said:

That's kind of foolish, since it can be easily checked. I prefer truth. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by you prefer truth nor by it can easily be checked. He offered no identifying information, and can only say 'his clients'. Anyone can say that.

• @VNKen said:
    Master_Bo said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by you prefer truth nor by it can easily be checked. He offered no identifying information, and can only say 'his clients'. Anyone can say that.

Truth is just that - truth. Telling things that can be facts-supported.

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Master_Bo said:
    Truth is just that - truth. Telling things that can be facts-supported.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm still not following. The flow up to now with this particular user is claiming to have this nasty experience with us but cannot offer any details about the experience nor offer anything that says he actual has had experience.

I have no way of saying anything backed by fact, so I am not following why you are saying this. The only thing that I have tried to do is get just that, the facts.

My apologies if I am missing something :/

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

VNKen said: Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm still not following.

No problem. It's understandable - you've had no experience on such matters. That I know of, at least.

Thanked by 2ATHK VNKen
  • @VNKen said:
    My apologies if I am missing something :/

We can agree that ToS is in some kind of disorder.

As for facts - if the timeframe for what happened from events posted by OP is as you mention, then there's no issue, since OP isn't eligible for moneyback. I understand his frustration, but as was said - check ToS/AUP first and ask for clarification/look for another provider when in doubt.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Don't kid yourself. I would if I want on iPad

Yes, such a terrible service that we have 30,000 active VPS running on a month to month basis with clients dating back to when we first launched.

Sorry but your argument with no proof is worth nothing. I never understood why people have so much hate that they hang onto. The past is the past, let it go. If ChicagoVPS was as bad as you claim it wouldn't have lasted this long and wouldn't be as large as it has grown to be.

Stop basing your assumptions off such a miniscule amount of reviews. Even if we got 20 bad reviews a month ( which we don't ) that is only 0.07 % of our recurring client base. Yes that is seven hundredths of 1%.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Respectfully, he has all rights to bash you.
    You're a shell company of ColoCrossing, and how have you survived? You get grants from CC (you are a sub(shell)-company), and therefore have kept running. Furthermore to that, you oversell therefore cutting costs by having extremely slow nodes.

Bare in mind, I'm basing my judgement based off the horrible experience I had, I'm not going to comment if it changed, as I completely ditched it after two days.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Master_Bo said: renewal date would be February 26, 2015

So, pretty recent. You do like to visit the dead from time to time to check if they didnt resurrect in the meantime, do you.

That being said, if the customer already had a service, I can understand the policy of not refunding since he already had the chance to test a product BUT, not all products are the same, not all nodes are the same, not all virtualizations are the same, not all templates/locations, etc/etc/etc are the same. Maybe you would look at the issue and say clearly no refund is offered in case of abuse, but it will be offered if the service is radically different than the customer already had, even if was a customer before. That would be honest and telepathy no longer needing to be involved.

• @Maounique said:
    So, pretty recent. You do like to visit the dead from time to time to check if they didnt resurrect in the meantime, do you.

Nay, I do not use zombies for that.

I need new VPSes from time to time, mostly for honeypot purposes, so if there are good deals and good enough uptime, I just take it.

In the last case, I tried to put VPS to real use, but alas, it was too slow. So, honeypots are just fine.

• iSkyiSky Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Bare in mind, I'm basing my judgement based off the horrible experience I had, I'm not going to comment if it changed, as I completely ditched it after two days.

MAYBE, 30.000 active vps is seperately into 6 dedicated server on 6 location so each dedicated allocated 5.000 vps on it. Downtime everywhere :) also isn't every your client that disapointed with your service will write negative reviews or feedbacks but they are too tired to read all over the GOOGLE not only at here.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

KwiceroLTD said: Respectfully, he has all rights to bash you. You're a shell company of ColoCrossing, and how have you survived?

@KwiceroLTD, not sure where you can get off saying we are a shell company of ColoCrossing. That is completely false. I suggest you remove that comment.

@iSky, ChicagoVPS has over 500 servers in production.

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited April 2015

@CVPS_Chris said:

And what if I don't remove the comment? What are you going to do? Sue me? Get your colocrossing admin pals to ban me?

Tired of your witty-(fail)attempts to threaten me and others. How about you stop making idle, empty threats?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

As per the ToS, you should have created a ticket that you are unhappy and a minute later a ticket that you request a refund. Play the players.

• These guys have a really bad review and did something like that to me too...

• I just found this thread after receiving a large amount of spam from myvirpus.com servers, and I did a google search to see if they're known as a spam-friendly ISP. And after reading through it? If VNKen is an official representative of Virpus, then his comments here REALLY aren't doing his company any favours.

In particular, his habit of hurling accusations of dishonesty at anyone critical of Virpus (accusations apparently based solely on self-serving assumption rather than evidence) has convinced me to NEVER give them any business, and to actively recommend against them.