Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid virpus.com, who deceives their customers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid virpus.com, who deceives their customers

Comments

• @VNKen said:
    Good question. As mentioned previously, a ticket must exist.

In the original post, ticket number is given, #693876

According to OP, Virpus delayed replying to it until the 3 days passed. Voila.

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Master_Bo said:
    I doubt you have an expert in telepathy in your staff, so the (a),(c) conditions, unless 3 days happily passed, is universal means to deny any moneyback.

@Master_Bo - I can see how these two terms can collide with one another, but our staff will follow the money back guarantee policy if any service is within 3 days of service.

I'll ask take it up with management to modify the refund policy to provide clarification so that both policies work in tandem with one another.

Thank you for bringing this up!

• @VNKen said:
    Hi there,

The reason we have our Money Back Guarantee worded in such a way is to prevent abuse. In the past the policy was abused by people who would spam for a few days, and ask for a refund, which we granted at the time.

In order to address the abuse we had to tighten up the Money Back Guarantee policy. It is designed so that if there are issues that we cannot resolve, we will issue a refund. There needs to be signs of dissatisfaction. In other words, the refund request ticket cannot be the first ticket you have ever opened.

OP, if you could share your ticket number, I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Whilst I understand where you're coming from with that, it is very strange, not everyone is going to abuse your services. Wouldn't it be better to simply state that those who abuse the Terms of Service are not issued a refund?

• @VNKen said:

You're welcome. Perhaps better wording could make ToS simpler to understand. And perhaps reference to it where moneyback is promised would do as well ("certain conditions applied").

Personally, I have had several times VPSes from Virpus and terminated them due to poor performance. However, I had no other issues with your company.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@VNKen said:

Ken, please stop it. It's been years of reading your "polite" replies, excuses, and whatever you came up every time (every day) the nodes went down, the network went down, the...

I'm no longer a client of yours but I can see you're still the same.

Could you please, for once, recognize the error in your part (actually the company is no longer yours, but you get what I mean) and refund this guy?

Personally, I have had several times VPSes from Virpus and terminated them due to poor performance. However, I had no other issues with your company.

Poor performance, countless downtimes, support which takes ages to reply even to the most important tickets... and when they do...

Thanked by 1Leechum
  • VNKenVNKen Member
    edited April 2015

@Master_Bo said:
    According to OP, Virpus delayed replying to it until the 3 days passed. Voila.

Unfortunately, this is not true. We promptly addressed any ticket the customer has ever submitted.

Here is the timeline however:

On April 3rd, he opened a ticket saying he wants a refund. We explained he needs a history of at least one ticket, however this actually does not matter as he has been a customer already with a previous service, which voids the money back guarantee policy. The point of the policy is 1) for new users to try our service and 2) to provide a risk free way of customers to obtain a refund if the customer shows signs of dissatisfaction.

On April 10th - he follows up to say he will post here if we do not comply. By this point he is well beyond the policy anyway. A technical support ticket was also created on this day as well speaking about his IP being blocked using an API, which we have no control over. His IP address was also clean and not listed on any blacklists.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

VNKen said: however this actually does not matter as he has been a customer already with a previous service, which voids the money back guarantee policy.

This is something different. Sorry, OP, no refund - I must say Ken is right :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited April 2015

@lemsan_inc said:
    Hi,

This is the first time ever I write a review here. I ordered many VPS from different providers out there before, but the situation is very disappointing and the first time I met something like that.

I have ordered Linux VPS on the 2nd of April from virpus.com.

On the next day, the 3rd of April, when I checked the server we received, I realized that it doesn't match our request and IP address was previously abused and blocked. I have opened a ticket the same day asking for a refund accordingly to their money back guarantee, which is nicely offered on their main page:

Take us for a spin - 3 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Try us out and if you are not satisfied, get your money back!

Surprisingly I got such a reply the next day:

And just think, if you took 30 seconds to open a technical ticket about IP's, instead of jumping the gun to a refund, this wouldn't of happened.

Your fault, not provider.

Furthermore, every company has a right to refuse a refund if there are not any valid points to obtain a refund, in the providers eyes, the server was fine, you should of asked about IP's earlier instead you come here with this BS.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@TinyTunnel_Tom, stop fooling yourself. Tell me how many bad reviews there have been on ChicagoVPS in the past 6 months? (Hint: I can count on one hand).

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • VNKenVNKen Member

@Traffic said:
    Poor performance, countless downtimes, support which takes ages to reply even to the most important tickets... and when they do...

@Traffic

I'm sorry that my agreement with Master_Bo sparked this sort of response. I think I am allowed to be polite and professional, no?

My response to Master_Bo recognized the flaw in how the two policies can be seen as a contridiction, but the fact remains is that the policy in itself as applied to this situation prevails as he did not meet the criteria.

The facts are what they are, no matter what you want them to be, you, a person who has no foresight into the matter other than what has been posted here.

Bottom line, the market is saturated with other VPS providers. If the policy was not agreeable, then he could have not decided to checkmark the box stating that he has read and agrees to the terms, and then proceed to make payment.

Please relax, and base your response off the facts of the situation.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom, stop fooling yourself. Tell me how many bad reviews there have been on ChicagoVPS in the past 6 months? (Hint: I can count on one hand).

Don't kid yourself. I would if I want on iPad

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom, stop fooling yourself. Tell me how many bad reviews there have been on ChicagoVPS in the past 6 months? (Hint: I can count on one hand).

Yeah, we all know ChicagoVPS is horrible, don't fool yourself and think it's good.

• @VNKen said:
    Please relax, and base your response off the facts of the situation.

I already said you were right in denying the refund.

VNKen said: I think I am allowed to be polite and professional, no?

Of course. But politely saying things does not make them any better, and I'm talking generally here, not about anything in particular you've said here.

It's a good thing to say bad things politely, but it's much better to say good things politely. Don't you think?

And having to wait ~ 2 weeks for a critical (no service) ticket, several times, to be solved, is not professional.

Sorry if I'm basing my replies too much out of my own experience. But I won't say you're professional. You're polite, but not professional.

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Traffic said:
    Sorry if I'm basing my replies too much out of my own experience. But I won't say you're professional. You're polite, but not professional.

@Traffic

I will not entertain a conglomerate of a thread of every list issue our thousands of customers could have experienced. If you want to write a review and have me address it, then do it elsewhere and not hijack this thread. I know nothing about your situation, so there isn't much for me to say on your issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Master_Bo said:

Likely, you have not used our services in years, and things change over time, including the server line up. From the time leading up to, and after the acquisition last year by Wow Technologies, much has changed as far as our server line up and how we maintain consistent performance on our nodes. With that said, feel free to give us another try. I'll give you 30 days free if you're interested :)

• ATHKATHK Member

@Traffic please make a post I can't wait to see the response for the issues you described that countless people have had in the past..

Got my popcorn ready for this showdown..

• @ATHK said:
    Traffic please make a post I can't wait to see the response for the issues you described that countless people have had in the past..

DId you also have a VPS with them?

• VNKenVNKen Member
    edited April 2015

@ATHK said:
    Traffic please make a post I can't wait to see the response for the issues you described that countless people have had in the past..

A past in which usually dates SEVERAL years ago, back in our OpenVZ days (2011 or 2012 is the latest time of this I think). I only say this because anyone who posts negative about Virpus are usually customers of this era.

If you look around your own life, I hope that you can see that 2011 does not equal 2015. People grow, new ideas are adapted, new people are voted into office, companies close, new ones open. In our case, we've grown, we were able to invest in enterprise grade equipment, monitor things better, hire more people, and recently, get acquired by a company trusted by the likes of Microsoft, Moz, Rosetta Stone, Intelius and more. We try to learn from our mistakes of the past.

He's more than welcome to open a new thread from an experience dating several years but it would in no way reflect what is now. At that, I think the rules define the expiration in which you can write a review.

So, go on, get your popcorn so that you can relive 4-5 years ago. Doesn't sound irrelevant at all.

• @VNKen said:
    Likely, you have not used our services in years, and things change over time, including the server line up. From the time leading up to, and after the acquisition last year by Wow Technologies, much has changed as far as our server line up and how we maintain consistent performance on our nodes. With that said, feel free to give us another try. I'll give you 30 days free if you're interested :)

My last terminated service is XVM512 Special, its next renewal date would be February 26, 2015. So you're wrong about several years.

My first VPS at Virpus was in 2010, total of 4 VPSes.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

VNKen said: At that, I think the rules define the expiration in which you can write a review.

I can't but notice you did the same with me (ask me to write a review you knew I couldn't post) than with the OP(include multiple grounds for not giving refunds in the TOS, yet say nothing on the salespage, even as fine print).

Good one, Ken. You're better by the day.

• I have a VPS with DA service with Virpus

Managing several Dedi and VPS from the LET and i must admit Virpus has the fastest ticket reply time , sometimes I even get a reminder for a open ticket because i was to slow to reply :)

Keep up the good work !

Thanked by 1VNKen
  • VNKenVNKen Member

@Traffic said:
    Good one, Ken. You're better by the day.

I'll just let you continue to knit pick and find new issues. As this is a process that one will continue to do as long as you entertain it, I am ceasing responses to yourself.

If you're serious about making suggestions to us, feel free to shoot us an email.

• VNKenVNKen Member

@Master_Bo said:
    My first VPS at Virpus was in 2010, total of 4 VPSes.

@Master_Bo, Mind sharing some identifying information such as an invoice number or ticket ID?

• VNKenVNKen Member

@active8 said:
    I have a VPS with DA service with Virpus

Managing several Dedi and VPS from the LET and i must admit Virpus has the fastest ticket reply time , sometimes I even get a reminder for a open ticket because i was to slow to reply :)

Keep up the good work !

Thank you for sharing! We hope to continue serving your hosting needs for months/years to come!

If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out.

• ATHKATHK Member

VNKen said: So, go on, get your popcorn so that you can relive 4-5 years ago. Doesn't sound irrelevant at all.

I have three clients on my Skype that have purchased your services in the past 2 -6 months, they hired me as a sysadmin to setup these boxes. I swiftly moved them onto RamNode from your poor excuse of a company. For the mentioned problems from @Traffic. I know several people who've used your services in the "past" 2 -3 years ago same issues then.

p.s Popcorn is already out and buttered, tastes great.

Thanked by 2Traffic Pwner
  • @VNKen said:
    Master_Bo, Mind sharing some identifying information such as an invoice number or ticket ID?

Please read PM, data in there.

• VNKenVNKen Member
    edited April 2015

@ATHK said:
    p.s Popcorn is already out and buttered, tastes great.

@ATHK, Care to share identifying information? I find it interesting that you're wanting another user to post their review vs you just posting your own. That said, I'm wondering about your actual experience with services hosted with us.

• ATHKATHK Member

@VNKen said:
    ATHK, Care to share identifying information? I find it interesting that you're wanting another user to post their review vs you just posting your own. That said, I'm wondering about your actual experience with services hosted with us.

Do you really think it's wise to reveal my clients information? Or is that something you do in your company?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@VNKen said:
    I find it interesting that you're wanting another user to post their review vs you just posting your own.

I find it interesting that you only check the negative reviews, not the positive ones. I mean, one.