Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus ignore my tickets !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus ignore my tickets !

gongyigongyi Member

hello all,
i posted 3 tickets to virpus to request the affiliate money , there is no response !but there are 2 posts in webhostingtalk yesterday:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484461&p=9454864
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484462&p=9454865

Thread: Virpus.com - SSD VPS Hosting & Bare Metal Cloud - Earn 25% recurring commission!
05-19-2015, 04:52 PM
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1482593&p=9449786

are my tickets ignored ?

I hate to be ignored !

480875 - Affiliate Withdrawal Request ,Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 (17:13)

626372 - why do not reply to me ? Friday, May 22nd, 2015 (00:43)

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

See the threads here regarding them, see our warnings (mine included) regarding them.

You ignored our warnings, and you're surprised when they ignore you?

• Crowd, Bangding

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited May 2015

@Traffic said:
    See the threads here regarding them, see our warnings (mine included) regarding them.

You ignored our warnings, and you're surprised when they ignore you?

my mistake,thank you anyway

• ARKARK Member
    edited May 2015

fly

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2015

That's a terrible shame. In additiom,, you're losing $80USD.

• gongyigongyi Member

@doghouch said:

"foolish tool" ,i agree with you absolutely now !

• nfmnfm Member

From gongyi's website, he describes Virpus as follow:
    "virpus was acquired by wowrack, personally I think that this is certainly much better than before for the user "

It seem that is certainly much worser than before for affiliates

• Tagging @VNKen for you here :)

• gongyigongyi Member

@nfm said:
    "virpus was acquired by wowrack, personally I think that this is certainly much better than before for the user "

i was wrong !

• edited May 2015

It's time to pay him.

I'm voting for Virpus to be removed from LowEndBox (and future offers) until they pay him? Seems like a blatant rip-off company..

Thanked by 3PremiumN nitro85 MikePT
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2015

@nfm said:

many reviews sites are irresponsible, they didn't use it in fact, but still promote such company only for the AFF money, made many peoples in trouble.

• gongyigongyi Member

Now, i just want to say we need to stay away from virpus.com

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

That's a real shame, it is one thing being accused of something or given a bad review which is subjective at best however to not pay your affiliates on request is just shameful.

I have had to remove or deny a few affiliates over the past 5 years because they have been dishonest or have been using an affiliate chain just to reduce the price of services or have signed up with fake details.

I would welcome an affiliate that generates that many leads however it seems even offering people affiliate links is frowned upon these days.

• is it a trend to have work done for free? community is voluntary, affiliations require $$$. who would have time to affiliate if it doesn't fill their pockets? perhaps replace it with commu-filiate :P

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • People should ignore such hosts who doesn't list to customers, don't reply to the tickets.

• gongyigongyi Member

virpus should be in blacklist in let !

• @gongyi any updates on this ?

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2015

I believe this is the correct person to tag here... @VNKen
    EDIT: Somebody already tagged him. Might be time to blacklist any virpus deals as it seems they simply ignore customers and ignore the affiliates that generate their income.

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited May 2015

@funyuns_are_awesome said:
    gongyi any updates on this ?

no response!

• tehrabbitttehrabbitt Member
    edited May 2015

I once had a virpus account, it took a while for my issue to be "resolved" but their support sucked. It wasn't until Ken got personally involved did anything actually get done.

the brief overview: I had an account that had come due for renewal. It suspended the site a day after the renewal date (It was a Monday, I didn't get paid until Thursday). I opened a ticket explaining I would be sending payment that Thursday as the e-mail I had received with the "past due" notice said "Your VPS will be deleted in 3 business days".

Long story short: I never heard from support despite multiple phone calls, e-mails etc. that Thursday, I sent payment and received confirmation. Shortly thereafter the VPS was deleted along with all my data / sites / etc (thank god for backups). FINALLY at that point support messaged me back apologizing that the data was already deleted and support is first-come-first-serve etc etc. I asked for a refund. No dice. They don't offer refunds. Period. instead they canceled said "new" VPS in the process. I threatened to do a charge-back as now I paid for a service that i'm not receiving, no refund after asking, I didn't even get to log in ONCE to that new VPS after they deactivated it. Support's response was a copy-paste from their ToS: "All payments to Virpus.com are non-refundable. All billing disputes must be reported to Virpus.com within 60 days in order to receive compensation. If customer files a charge back against a legitimate charge placed by Virpus.com, a $50 administrative fee will be charged per chargeback." I argued back and forth for a few weeks with my money in limbo, the support rep claiming it WAS in fact a legitimate charge as there was no "issue" with the new server that would warrant a refund.

Finally, I received a call directly from Ken to my cell phone apologizing about the whole thing. He ensured I got a full refund for the server I didn't use, but restated that Virpus was not responsible for the deleted server as i didn't pay "on time".

TL;DR:
    I realize I was "at fault" for not paying the bill "on-time" but the service was still in a "suspended" state when i did make the payment, thus the data was still there. they deleted the VPS AFTER payment was made, and then applied said payment to a new server. Thanks to ken I got a refund but dealing with their support was like pulling teeth. I'd give Ken a 9/10 for his ability to get things done, but i'd give their general support a 2/10 honestly. I'm not sure if they've gotten any better but it's been about 3-4 years since I've used them. I thought of giving them another go eventually but from the continued poor reviews I see here / elsewhere I stay away.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@etehrabbitt,

That makes no sense. If you VPS was suspended due to no payment and you paid it during the suspension period, then PayPal IPN should have caught your payment, apply it and reinstanted the VPS for you with no data loss.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

MrGeneral said: That makes no sense. If you VPS was suspended due to no payment and you paid it during the suspension period, then PayPal IPN should have caught your payment, apply it and reinstanted the VPS for you with no data loss.

In theory, yes, however, for scripts rummaging through thousands of customers that build a list of services to suspend, this can happen. Like, the data is still there at the time of payment, but the script finishes running in 30 minutes and the data is deleted even if payment was made because at the time of the payment suspensions already started and simply the particular vps in question was in a long queue and didnt get deleted YET.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I had about $80 in affiliates with GVH and when I asked about withdrawal they disabled the affiliates system lol...

@AnthonySmith said:
    That's a real shame, it is one thing being accused of something or given a bad review which is subjective at best however to not pay your affiliates on request is just shameful.

I have had to remove or deny a few affiliates over the past 5 years because they have been dishonest or have been using an affiliate chain just to reduce the price of services or have signed up with fake details.

I would welcome an affiliate that generates that many leads however it seems even offering people affiliate links is frowned upon these days.

I don't see any problem with affiliate links at all, as long as they're made clear, and not just spammed in every thread regardless of what the OP asked for.

I'll still recommend hosts without an affiliate system, but if the host has one, and they make extra money from referrals, and I get some towards my services, it's a win/win.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

me too,
    all tickets no reply until closed.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

I only want say:hehe...
    Available Commissions Balance: $262.73 USD

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2015

@doghouch said:

Derp.
    Corrected my sentence: "That's a terrible shame. In addition, you're losing $80USD"

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@funyuns_are_awesome said:
    These listings really should be removed:

http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=virpus.com

mpkossen .. Spirit .. jcaleb .. mikho .. jbiloh .. SysAdmin

Why? That is like asking for certain parts of the history to be removed from the history books.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • edited May 2015

@mikho said:

It's advertising, people find these deals and buy them, it's misleading people, it's not significant history.... that's like saying that you can't ever remove Google Adwords from your website because it would be like removing history. That would be one expensive campaign...

• funyuns_are_awesome said: It's advertising, people find these deals and buy them, it's misleading people, it's not significant history.... that's like saying that you can't ever remove Google Adwords from your website because it would be like removing history. That would be one expensive campaign...

I disagree. Past offers and responses are as much useful in making an informed choice as present criticisms. This thread isnt going to be deleted. There's no point in deleting past threads as it offers prospective customers a clear idea of how the company used to be, and its current status following change of hands. And you can be sure that people will jump onto the thread and point them to this one, if Virpus opens an offer thread.

Thanked by 1Spirit