Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pics of your Servers.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pics of your Servers..

Comments

• sepeisepei Member

@earl said:
    Is it mainly movies? all I have is family pics and all together probably only 20 gb even my movie collection probably not more than 1TB.. 9TB is a lot of media

Yup mainly movies. Well I dont like movies < 720p. I got it now 2 monts and already the half space is away :(

• @nexmark said:
    Stock photo, otherwise I have a laptop with the mobo pulled out working as a Plex Media server, A gigabyte 2807 acting as a File server

Plex :-)

• I only have this small machine on my home. Intel D2550, 4 GB Ram, and 2x320GB HDD, running openmediavault for last several month. It is my NAS (Samba, NFS, FTP), local web server, DLNA, and occasionally a game server for my family member. Best $50-ish i've ever spent.

Thanked by 2earl TheHackBox
  • @sepei said:
    Yup mainly movies. Well I dont like movies < 720p. I got it now 2 monts and already the half space is away :(

Need to have compressed versions. A decent 1080p I keep is about 1.6 to 2gb in size. I have a large library of stuff. It's pretty sweet, puts Netflix and amazon to shame.

• @doughnet said:
    Need to have compressed versions. A decent 1080p I keep is about 1.6 to 2gb in size. I have a large library of stuff. It's pretty sweet, puts Netflix and amazon to shame.

Yup @sepei you can use handbrake, it is a really great piece of free software. Or if you are too lazy to transcode it yourself...um, i like yify rip so much #justsayin'

• doughnet said: A decent 1080p I keep is about 1.6 to 2gb in size.

Web-DL bro? Trust me, the Remux is better.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2015

sepei said: In vienna you get 100 mbit synchron for 40€ so even cheaper as in NL.

Yes, in the like 8 buildings Blizznet covers...

• My Backup Server :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • sepeisepei Member

@sirmbhe said:
    Yup sepei you can use handbrake, it is a really great piece of free software. Or if you are too lazy to transcode it yourself...um, i like yify rip so much #justsayin'

Is there not a hard quality lose? I mean I got 1080p MKVS with 30GB size.
    I downloaded handbrake already lol (like 3 days ago I was like "Wtf is this software?").
    Any good getting started guid or good configs?

• nice to be able to get to know all pets

• @sepei said:

Google is your friend mate :p

http://www.tweaking4all.com/video/handbrake-optimizing-video-encoding-h264/

https://mattgadient.com/2013/06/12/a-best-settings-guide-for-handbrake-0-9-9/

As for quality of course it will be not at its best. But like searching for VPS when you try to find best price performance ratio, you should find the best size quality ratio that match your preferences. Cause like all arts, music, food, etc, it all back to taste and personal choices. Nothing is too bad or too good.

• Alright now it's my turn :)
    HP Blade Gen8 BL460 512GB Ram :)

A little 16GB Ram Sticks

New VNX Storage System

HP DL360 Gen8

And many more...

• earl said: Also got a pogo plug. can't say I'm fond of the color! was gonna turn it to a server but never got around to it..

Pogoplugs are pretty cute.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @joodle said:
    100/100 Unmetered for €42,50 a month ;)

LOL.. here in Romania, i have 1 Gbps internet with 12 euro a month. :)

• earlearl Member

Suppose it's alright looking.. just not my color, but was so cheap i bought it anyways..

• @AndreiGhesi said:

You've sent them to Simpliq? :)

• Mitchfizz05Mitchfizz05 Member
    edited April 2015

@Catalin said:

Lol. Here in Australia I have about 3Mbps down, 250gb traffic that costs $40 per month.

Edit: 3Mbps is only on a good day, or late at night - btw...

Edit 2: actually it's 200gb for $59.95 per month. http://www.adam.com.au/internet/broadband/naked-dsl/

• Thanked by 2earl KwiceroLTD
  • @Catalin said:

Digi?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Mitchfizz05

I'm in Canada I just switched to cable. But yeah not long ago I was also paying $40/mo for basically 3/800 adsl but unlimited.. and doesn't really work on rainy seasons..

• @earl said:
    cassa

>

The DL380 G5 are still pretty nice I think, I like how you can put 8 drives in it..
    But I bet it's loud!!

I'm waiting for these to go off lease.. but probably won't be a while till they're affordable.

I had to rack one of these at work. They're crazy heavy.

• earlearl Member

@TheCTS

No doubt.. even a single 1u server is heavy I can imagine you get a hernia lifting this the wrong way lol..

Anyways guys I'm off to church, hope everyone is having a great Easter :)

• @earl said:
    TheCTS

No doubt.. even a single 1u server is heavy I can imagine you get a hernia lifting this the wrong way lol..

Anyways guys I'm off to church, hope everyone is having a great Easter :)

It took 3 people to lift, and coordinate getting it into the rails.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Benjamin said:
    Alright now it's my turn :)
    HP Blade Gen8 BL460 512GB Ram :)

A little 16GB Ram Sticks

New VNX Storage System

HP DL360 Gen8

And many more...

Wow, what do you use those for?

• TheCTS said: It took 3 people to lift, and coordinate getting it into the rails.

You need to use a lift for these types of servers, don't try to lift it by hand. You'll just knacker your back.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • LexLex Member

@MrGeneral said:

Probably games and stuff.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2015

I guess enought to run Crysis in Memory.

• @MarkTurner said:
    You need to use a lift for these types of servers, don't try to lift it by hand. You'll just knacker your back.

Oh don't worry, we thought of that afterwards :)

• @MrGeneral said:

That 512GB is just for Google Chrome.

• @pbalazs123 said:

Yes, Digi / RDS