Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee

Comments

• RazzaRazza Member

@outime said:
    This might work although not tested for 6 https://github.com/outime/ipv6-dhclient-script

That script don't work on centos 6 as it don't have systemctl only centos 7 have it

• @Nekki said:
    So...

Ticket created on 2015-03-23 20:03:40, read on 2015-03-23 20:41:02

> Hi,
    > 
    > In that case, do you have sufficient stock of the same machine (Dedibox 1115) for replacement purposes? As this was a very limited offer, I am concerned that you will not be able to replace my server, as you are not selling these anymore.
    > 
    > Thank you.
    > 

Ticket created on 2015-03-23 20:57:00, read on 2015-03-23 20:57:27

> Hello,
    > 
    > We have stock to exchange and pieces to do
    > 
    > Regards,
    > -- 
    > Jonathan L.
    > 

Thank very much Nekki for ask them. Coincidence, Jonathan is the same technician that is denying me the repair or replacement. I have just posted him another question making reference to yours. Hope you don't mind.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

pablosanz said: Thank very much Nekki for ask them. Coincidence, Jonathan is the same technician that is denying me the repair or replacement. I have just posted him another question making reference to yours. Hope you don't mind.

All good mate, it's in all our interests to get this sorted.

• @Nekki said:
    All good mate, it's in all our interests to get this sorted.

I can't believe it. Here I copy the answer from Jonathan. They elude the answer. I insisted.

Ticket created on 2015-03-23 22:11:11, not read yet

>
    >

Jonathan, let me repeat the question.

>

Why the server can't be repaired if you have replacement parts?
    Ticket created on 2015-03-23 21:57:53, read on 2015-03-23 22:09:07

>

Online - Jonathan
    Hello,

>

Because this server can not be replaced due to hardware,

>

Regards,

Jonathan L.
    Ticket created on 2015-03-23 21:54:41, read on 2015-03-23 21:56:39

>

So, why the server can't be repaired?

Because another client has opened a ticket with you, and you answered that you have >replacement parts for this sever (copy and paste):

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2015

Maybe @bene_online or @mikmak or @abermingham could address the replacement question.

• Let's not forget that their support staff is most likely French and that there could be a language barrier here. I had similar experiences with French-Canadian provider iWeb.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • earlearl Member

Yeah it's really hard to comprehend support sometimes..

When I asked in regards to getting my server back online, support would reply " I send ticket to service concerned" and when I asked how long.. reply would be "in journey or tomorrow"

Big language barrier but nice enough guys I think..

• They finally answer, and when they said "pieces" they mean only ram module. Which serious dedicated server provider doesn't have motherboards? Pray for these server won't have another type of problem except RAM.

Online - Vincent
    Hello,

We tried to replace parts but it wasn't ram, so we will return server to the constructor.

nfortunately, we can't repare.

Regards,

Vincent R.

I don't trust this guys. I will accept the refund, and ever, ever, ever buy nothing to them.

• earl said: Big language barrier but nice enough guys I think..

and 100% times better than ovh. from my experience with online.net they seem to actually care about service..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TarZZ92 said:
    and 100% times better than ovh. from my experience with online.net they seem to actually care about service..

And it's true. The server has a far better network connection than OVH, the support team answer my support request on weekend in less than 2 hours,...

But I don't understand:

a) why the server can't be repaired? I know something about servers, and all the parts are serviceable.

b) if they prefer to replace for economical reasons, why doesn't offer an equivalent server?

I insisted, several times, but they refuse to give a reason. And I didn't make any use of the server.

• earlearl Member

TarZZ92 said: and 100% times better than ovh. from my experience with online.net they seem to actually care about service..

Honestly I like them both.. no complaints.

If one thing about online.net, wish they had better documentation on getting ipv6 in proxmox working, like Hetzner and OVH.

• iSkyiSky Member

love this box http://prntscr.com/6koks0 up and down as seedbox touch 1Gbps

• wychwych Member

repair =/- replacement?

• Uh... tried changing the RAID mode on one of mine. One hour later and it's still showing the "Your server RAID configuration is currently being changed. This will take a few minutes." message. Can't help but think that's a bad thing.

• @Detruire said:
    Uh... tried changing the RAID mode on one of mine. One hour later and it's still showing the "Your server RAID configuration is currently being changed. This will take a few minutes." message. Can't help but think that's a bad thing.

I found this issue when installed CentOS 6 64bit. The solution is stop installed process, re-install with debian until finish and then install again CentOS 6 64bit.

• Finally they replaced the server with another Limited 1115! :-)

I suppose the get one from a cancellation.

It has been like a headache, but, at the end, the solved my problem.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ zeitgeist Amitz
  • mustafaramadhan said: I found this issue when installed CentOS 6 64bit. The solution is stop installed process, re-install with debian until finish and then install again CentOS 6 64bit.

I don't think it's possible to stop it. Guess I'll have to file a ticket if it's still like this in the morning.

• @Detruire said:

My issue not related to 'change RAID' but 'OS installation'.

Sorry, it's different issue.

• @pablosanz said:
    Finally they replaced the server with another Limited 1115! :-)

I suppose the get one from a cancellation.

It has been like a headache, but, at the end, the solved my problem.

Happy to hear :)

Thanked by 2linuxthefish rmlhhd
  • @pablosanz, congrats. Enjoy, it's indeed a fine offering.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

pablosanz said: Finally they replaced the server with another Limited 1115! :-)

All's well that ends well. Hopefully, they'll retain sufficient stock for replacements in future.

• NomadNomad Member

Hoping we never need those spare parts, I'm thinking people who'll cancel soon will provide the necessary spare parts (:

But yeah, good to hear your problem just got solved. I was wondering how the outcome of this will be since we're all on the same ship here...

• Detruire said: Uh... tried changing the RAID mode on one of mine. One hour later and it's still showing the "Your server RAID configuration is currently being changed. This will take a few minutes." message. Can't help but think that's a bad thing.

Seven hours later and it's still saying the same thing. Support ticket time. :(

• @ZweiTiger @zeitgeist @Nekki @Nomad Thank you all.

I don't know what happened if I got the Bussines support, instead of the Standart. But I don't want to pay 20 euros for the support of a 20 euros server.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2015

@Detruire said:
    Seven hours later and it's still saying the same thing. Support ticket time. :(

The couple of times I redid the RAID it probably didn't take longer than 5 min.. I noticed alot of things from the panel tend to get stuck like reloading an OS, iLO.. it's probably best that you did put in a ticket.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Anyone Knows how to do partitioning & install OS from boot ?? I mean I'll partition from the 1st installation step & then it will install CentOS.

• You can use KVM over IP feature, then load the CentOS ISO yourself, then you can do partitioning yourself.

• earlearl Member

WOW!! Getting the your port is off error again! seems you can't use vmbr0 for anything but the host..

Just a warning if you guys are trying to test out a KVM in promox don't use vmbr0 or you will get disconnected from your server.. Not sure it does this with dedibox but it's fine with kimsufi..

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Having all kinds of problems setting up a ipv6 network to a pfsense firewall on a VM.
    If I can't get this to work in the next few days I'm giving up

• @mikho giving up the server also? :P