Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee

Comments

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited March 2015

@geekalot said:

• And now has €40 setup fee

And

• Dell vs. HP.
    • No HW Raid
    • No private network
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

BharatB said: Yea maybe they bought their own stock xD , looked the same to me actually same E3-1220 16 gigs ram 2 bay config only diff is the disk space and setup fee and price.

You really don't have any reservations about posting such shockingly dumb sh*t on public forums, you don't concern yourself with what others think about you, that's admirable in a certain way.

• LeeLee Veteran

^^ Works for me too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

rm_ said: You really don't have any reservations about posting such shockingly dumb sh*t on public forums, you don't concern yourself with what others think about you, that's admirable in a certain way.

I love you.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • No, those were available at the same time as the 20€ ones were.

• DeanDean Member
    edited March 2015

Ok I'm going crazy here. Has anyone managed to get IPv6 working on CentOS 6? I've followed their instructions for dhclient and am getting nowhere fast. I'm going round and round in circles. All I can find is people saying that they can't get it working and then others say they've got it working but there's no post saying how they got it working.

• @earl said:
    coolice

couple years back a few of us here on LET bought the HP blade server from dataschack which I think came with a e200 raid card.. I recall playing with the write cache did increase the DD test..

Think it is simple math when dd filed write cache speed drops to drive ones ... if it cachecade raid controler with 80 GB SSD may there will be results on 1,1GB dd but if somenoe decied to run 100GB one ....

• NomadNomad Member

Strange...

I have a limited 1215 and a SC Gen2 with Online.net
    They are both in DC3.

But the ping to both servers is different.
    My SC Gen2 has a ping around 61ms
    whereas my 1215 is around 71ms.

Both are in the same DC, both have same OS and since I'm tinkering with them both are idle as of now.

What might be the cause?

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited March 2015

@Nomad said:
    Both are in the same DC, both have same OS and since I'm tinkering with them both are idle as of now.

What might be the cause?

Try a MTR traceroute and compare the hops.

• NomadNomad Member

zeitgeist said: Try a MTR traceroute and compare the hops.

I did...
    Same number of hops. Mostly it hops on the same places.

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited March 2015

Nomad said: Strange...

I have a limited 1215 and a SC Gen2 with Online.net They are both in DC3.

But the ping to both servers is different. My SC Gen2 has a ping around 61ms whereas my 1215 is around 71ms.

What might be the cause?

I've noticed the same thing on my two 1115s on different subnets. Identical hops until inside Online's network, extra 10ms.

EDIT: lower is on 62.210.0.0/16, higher on 195.154.0.0/16

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • NomadNomad Member

@Detruire said: EDIT: lower is on 62.210.0.0/16, higher on 195.154.0.0/16

It's the exact opposite on my case.
    Higher ping on 62.210.0.0/16, lower ping on 195.154.0.0/16

• DylanDylan Member

@BharatB said:
    same E3-1220

E3-1220 and E3-1220 v2 are not the same.

• Nomad said: It's the exact opposite on my case. Higher ping on 62.210.0.0/16, lower ping on 195.154.0.0/16

Pity we can't swap :P

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@DeanKamitsis said:
    Ok I'm going crazy here. Has anyone managed to get IPv6 working on CentOS 6? I've followed their instructions for dhclient and am getting nowhere fast. I'm going round and round in circles. All I can find is people saying that they can't get it working and then others say they've got it working but there's no post saying how they got it working.

Whats the version of dhclient? Read somewhere that older versions didn't support duid (?) and therefor wont work.

• earlearl Member

@DeanKamitsis

Not sure about the Centos image but with the debian ipv6 was disabled by default. I had to change disable from 1 to 0 and reboot

/etc/modprobe.d/local.conf

options ipv6 disable=0

• mikmakmikmak Member
    edited March 2015

@Detruire said:
    Pity we can't swap :P

mtr indeed would help to understand and debug ;)
    /16 networks have the same routing stuff, so there should not be any difference (from our perspective), ISPs can tweak their own routing of course ...

Mik

• @DeanKamitsis said:

mostly 2 things to check:
    -> ip6tables emptied ? (centos has default rules blocking DHCPv6 iirc)
    -> RA must be accepted (we announce your default IPv6 gateway through it) ("ip -6 ro" should display a default route)

Mik

• When will someone make a webpanel for one ip natted proxmox ? with domain redirects to vpses...

Thanked by 1ronaldgrn
  • nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited March 2015

I am not sure if 1115 is currently available, however it seems you can order it via direct link https://console.online.net/en/order/server/all-options/3464691 (sent by Online.NET newsletter).
    Note: I checked and it seems I can order. Did not complete order process since I did have several units :-)

• It's not working unfortunately.

• Yeah, no luck here either. Takes me straight to my server list

• The same here, no luck, it redirects me to the server list.

• @comXyz said:
    The same here, no luck, it redirects me to the server list.
    @ditrone said:
    Yeah, no luck here either. Takes me straight to my server list
    @JoeBiss said:
    It's not working unfortunately.

It required me to login before ordering, maybe it only valid for some conditions. Sorry to hear it did not work.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • earlearl Member

WOW! ipv6 for proxmox is a real pain.. tried to follow this guide
    http://tech.poirsouille.org/2014/09/proxmox-configuration-ipv6-avec-dhclient/
    but I keep getting disconnected to the server with a "Your server's network port is off" Then I have to wait half a day for them to reset the server..

It also gives a PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION but I don't own the offending MAC address mentioned?

Maybe I will just use a HE tunnel..

• Does anyone have issues torrenting on online.net? I get tracker connection failed :(

• tomzutomzu Member

Hmm, what could one do with ipv6/48?

• I'm one of the lucky one's that get the server. But now is a real headache.

The server began with memory problems the past saturday. I opened a support ticket, and, apperently, they solved the problem by changing one memory module. The sunday the server failed again, and I opened another support ticket.

Now, they say that the server is broken and must be replaced, but they don't have more stock of the limited edition. So I suggested to replace the server with another with similar specifications (including 2x2TB disks and HW raid).

The answer from support team is that I have to accept a new server, like the MD2015, but at normal price (64.99 euros).

I'm wrong or do I have the right to another server with similar specifications?

• Ask them to buy more servers to replace for you, the put them in stock for us bro ;)

• @comXyz said:
    Ask them to buy more servers to replace for you, the put them in stock for us bro ;)

I already asked. If you want my broken server... ;P