Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

Comments

• @Soylent said: Apologies are vastly overrated.

Well my point was not to look for an apology, but to make @Damian realize that what he did was wrong (and thus preventing it from happening again).

Since @Damian obviously refuses to either defend his actions or admit that they were wrong i guess you are right. I would like to point to my summary post and then leave this thread with probably the most precise summary:

@Randy said: He leaked personal details and thinks he is right. not even apology .. ego kills humans

• gsxgsx Member
    edited September 2012

@Damian

Since your domain name registration (and phone number) reside in Arizona, then I'm under the assumption that you operate in the United States.

I believe you should review 47 USC § 605 and 18 USC § 2511 of the US Code which relate to the disclosure of electronic communications.

If you have any customers in California, you must abide by the California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 - Business and Professions Code (sections 22575 and 22579) that requires any commercial websites or online services that collect personal information on California residents through a website to "conspicuously" post a privacy policy on the website.

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (US Code 15 USC § 6501) requires a website to "provide notice on the website of what information is collected from children by the operator, how the operator uses such information, and the operator’s disclosure practices for such information; and " if the website intends to target or collect information from users under the age of 13. Essentially, if you intend to have a customer under the age of 13 (for whatever reason) you need to create a privacy policy.

Other requirements for the creation of a privacy policy include: (1) Your credit card processor or merchant account provider may require the posting of a privacy policy (and returns policy), (2) Google AdSense requires the posting of a privacy policy, (3) Your website is a financial institution (this includes companies that extend credit to their customers) and (4) If you are a health care or plan provider. Once you do create a privacy policy, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has the power to enforce your privacy policy.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited September 2012

@GSX Let me know when someone is going to hire an attorney and spend thousands of dollars in court costs and have a judge that will even come close to being sympathetic.

Wait, it's in the US, nevermind ! /sarcasm

• @Randy said: reminds me of @subigo 's thread;-) How to become a ceo under 200$

don't even remember that or try to follow that.... :)

@Randy said: ego kills humans

now don't take out your shot-gun here and start clicking... :)

• For the guys who have just cancelled or thinking of cancelling, can you pls tranfer the services to my account? atleast it should be put to some good use.. dns etc. :)

• @gsx said: I believe you should review 47 USC § 605 and 18 USC § 2511 of the US Code which relate to the disclosure of electronic communications. In terms of US Copyright Law, the writer and/or creator of content (aka the email composer) holds the copyright to the messages that they write.

Problem with this is the persons name is not protected information as you name is public record along with your address.

• I think Randy did a good job too (joke)

well i guess that is it then:-P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@24khost said: the persons name is not protected information as you name is public record along with your address.

Sure, as well as email address. In US it is public record in the sense that the state (the public) can and is accessing it whenever the secret services want, with or without proper cause or warrant.
    There is a difference between US and EU, regarding privacy. Although both have laws about it, only in EU they are respected (at least there is not much knowledge about them being systematically broken).
    M

• going and going...and going...

• @Pats said: For the guys who have just cancelled or thinking of cancelling, can you pls tranfer the services to my account? atleast it should be put to some good use.. dns etc. :)

What do you want for posting this? Dafuq? Why dont you just sign up for a new plan if you still trust demon, i mean damian.

@hAwNerk said: demon, i mean damian.

If that was a joke, I am not laughing.
    M

Thanked by 2Infinity gsrdgrdghd
  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Maounique said: If that was a joke, I am not laughing.

It is based on the first time i have read his name and read it that way. Neither a joke nor something i mean, something in between.

• @hAwNerk said: What do you want for posting this? Dafuq?

And what do you want?
    if someone wants to cancel and someone wants to use it so it shouldn't go waste, what is the problem in this?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@hAwNerk said: demon, i mean damian

I wonder who's trying to act cool now?

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Pats said: if someone wants to cancel and someone wants to use it so it shouldn't go waste, what is the problem in this?

Why would it go to waste? just sign up a new order, no need for transfers as if they run out of stock. they have plenty by now, I assume.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Infinity said: I wonder who's trying to act cool now?

Mr. Moderator this seems to be your first post in this thread. I am actually more interested on your stand here.

demon totally sounds like damian. note:i am not native english speaker.

@Pats
    Someone from places where a couple of bucks mean less than a meal, does not understand that :)
    In the end, ppl that cancel give free money to the host, especially if they bought the packages for a year.
    TBH, I dont think Damian deserves it now, but the amounts are purely insignifficant for an US resident.
    M

@hAwNerk said: Mr. Moderator this seems to be your first post in this thread. I am actually more interested on your stand here.

I've been trying to avoid it but today I'm a bit out of my mind so I somehow found myself posting that. To be honest I didn't intend to post that, but I hit the post button.

My stance is pretty much half-half, I accept both sides, on one hand Damian knew he was posting totally useless information and on the other hand I think they do need a privacy policy which they are going to do as I see. I'm not going to take sides if that's what you want me to do. ;)

• @Maounique said: Someone from places where a couple of bucks mean less than a meal, does not understand that :)

AFter reading this post,
    @Pats Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post, I thought you wanted transfers. I didn;t thought you wanted to benefit from other's leftover.

• @Infinity said: I'm not going to take sides if that's what you want me to do. ;)

A very wise stand (to clarify, no sarcasm I see it a very wise to sometimes not take a stand so that you will not have that gut feeling of hurting someone.)

Thanks @Infinity.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • anyone canceling his account i can have one pls... i know how to install lighttpd+php+mysql+wordpress
    nginx+php+mysql+wordpress
    apache+php+mysql+wordpress

i wont make upset your vpses.

btw why lowendwiki dont have tutorials about proxys, torrents, monitoring scripts ?

i always try not to see this discussion but always there writing 167 new in yellow...

thanks...

• @Jack i am new in linux and this vps stuff. otherwise i would love to help to community

@tridinebandim said: btw why lowendwiki dont have tutorials about proxys, torrents, monitoring scripts ?

What do you want and I'll write it?

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • thanks @infinity, a proxy over port 80 (i am not sure if its transparent proxy), i dont even think about it but may be vnc(vcn?) (linux graphic interface)

@tridinebandim said: thanks @infinity, a proxy over port 80 (i am not sure if its transparent proxy), i dont even think about it but may be vnc(vcn?) (linux graphic interface)

You mean a squid style http proxy? I don't think that needs a tutorial, it's only really one or two commands and I believe there are good enough guides out there.

• thanks @zen and @infinity but it would be nice to have them in one location :)

webmin uses https, does squid support https?, i didnt install proxy but used a few i found and coudnt access webmin user interface.

i am off to sleep gnight or mornings guys.. its late here... :)

• Squid supporting ( can access https ) and also IPv6 only websites.
    As long as the vps/server having working IPv6 connection ( for example, BuyVM, Hostigation, Prometeus, etc)

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited September 2012

deleted

• @hAwNerk said: wanted to benefit from other's leftover

hey your wordings painted a LowEndPicture of me... :(
    or in other words - wanted to make use/put to good use from other's pre-mature exit (like pre-mature exit from fixed-deposits)

• @Pats said: hey your wordings painted a LowEndPicture of me... :(

where my mail? :( you never do your job