Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

Comments

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

Why would you want a spellchecker as a potential insecure forum plugin? Every browser has a spellchecker build in.

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r Infinity
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Why would you want a spellchecker as a potential insecure forum plugin? Every browser has a spellchecker build in.

this..

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Why would you want a spellchecker as a potential insecure forum plugin? Every browser has a spellchecker build in.

I wasn't serious.

• does. works now :) lol

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Randy said: :( dont sad because of the 30 minutes downtime

nah... i'm not sad due to 30 mins downtime on 32mb boxes...
    i'm only & only sad cuz ur gf hates me... :(
    :p

• @Pats, talk in private

• Bumpy Thread...

• @Amitz said: Bumpy Thread...

That one is really funny in slow motion :D

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@phxadam said: I will restore the public uptime charts when this thread is closed.

I simply can't believe that... At least Randy was ASKING for the threads to be closed and you try blackmail ???
    @Randy see what a mistake not admitted can snowball into...
    So, let's recap:
    1. There is a problem with the servers, someone opens this thread to see if other ppl experience similar issues.
    2. Damian posts some "joke" involving some supposedly fake identity and not so fake email.
    3. Ppl inquire about the privacy policy.
    4. Damian comes serene and says there is no privacy policy (as such I can do what I please with the customer data if I think it is fake).
    5. More and more ppl are raising this issue, Damian promises will get a privacy policy but FAILS to remove the picture that started this in the first place.
    6. The instability issues are mounting and scapegoats are sought, the DC and DDoS, the usual suspects are put in front.
    7. Ppl try to find pingdom charts and someone provides some, but then IPXCore hides them from public.
    8. Ppl are really up in arms this time and Adam promises will restore public visibility when this thread will be closed.
    9. This manages to upset everyone, including mods/admin.

It is simply a failure after another. I commended Damian for transparency with the moving saga and supported him, but now he is showing transparency with customer data and becomes opaque with the network status...

This is unbelievable, simply unbelievable...
    M

• @Maounique said: 5. More and more ppl are raising this issue, Damian promises will get a privacy policy but FAILS to remove the picture that started this in the first place.

I think you understood him wrong. See this post. He didn't say that the privacy policy will provide privacy, he said that it will allow him to publish customers data.

• @Chief,

After reading the comments about @Damian on this thread, and how he's acted, I find he's manipulated this community quite a large amount, we took him in, reassured him that shit'll get K after a short while when Atjue screwed him over; then he took possibly, thousands from the LET market and providers through his "cheap" deals and upgrades, I actually felt like we had a great provider with great intentions.

Turns out, as you've pretty much summed up in 46 seconds, he's just another arsehole. Request for thread to be image?

@phxadam -- Are you for real? Hiding your pingdom uptime stats? That's low, meaning you HAVE something to hide, a /real/ company would allow people to view their uptime, no matter how bad it's become.

@Maounique -- You've summed up what I was trying to say about transparancy, he was ultra-here's an e-mail-this, that, when status. Being this closed off has caused me to cancel my services with IPXCore when renewal comes up. I hope others make the informed decision and stay away from IPXCore unless transparancy and admittance of the problem and situation is revealed.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

Why is there a rageface in Boromirs picture?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Maounique said: 8. Ppl are really up in arms this time and Adam promises will restore public visibility when this thread will be closed.

what is the relationship of this thread with the public uptime chart? is it because this thread generates too much ddos preventing them to work with the chart?

• no, i don't see a reason why he would want to hide the chart, even if they are being ddosed

• @Chief said: Perhaps think twice before trying to blackmai

@Maounique said: you try blackmail ???

I have no comment one way or the other on this thread, but please go read the definition of "blackmail". What @phxadam wrote is absolutely not blackmail. Calling it "blackmail" is simply rediculous and an extreme over-reaction.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@Maounique said: you try blackmail

you mean when he asked to close this thread, so he will enable pingdom again?

• @Randy I was under the impression Damian had sent e-mails to moderators or something.

• I guess the correct term would be coercion?

@eastonch said: @Randy I was under the impression Damian had sent e-mails to moderators or something.

@Chief's comment is referencing this post.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: I guess the correct term would be coercion?

No. Coercion involves making a threat. There was no threat stated or implied.

What @phxadam wrote is nothing more than a bargaining position.

• bretonbreton Member
    edited September 2012

@sleddog said:

I have no comment one way or the other on this thread, but please go read the definition of "blackmail". What @phxadam wrote is absolutely not blackmail. Calling it "blackmail" is simply rediculous and an extreme over-reaction.

His message was "if you don't close, everyone will blame you for these hidden stats and it will be your fault that our clients (some of which are from your forum) are not informed". This way of trying to have an influence upon LET is absolutely unacceptable.

• Coercion is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force. [Source]

For example peer pressure is a form of coercion although it doesn't involve any threats.

You have keep in mind the relationship between IPXCore and LET (there is none).

So what happened is that IPXCore said they are going to hide their uptime stats unless a thread with negative publicity in a completly unaffiliated forum gets closed.

Yes, and I think this is worse than Randy asking for the threads to be closed every 2 replies. Granted, Randy was more annoying, but Adam more abnoxious.
    M

• I guess the 98% "uptime" across the board is why they are MIA

• I was offline from approximately 8:00am CST on Friday til 6:30am CST on Tuesday, days relative to USA. Everything that's happened in that time period has been outside of my control. Looks like there have been some interesting things going on!

@Damian said: Looks like there have been some interesting things going on!

To say the least !
    You are OK, I hope !
    M

• @Maounique said: Randy was more annoying

dat hurt my feelings :(

• @Damian said: I was offline from approximately 8:00am CST on Friday til 6:30am CST on Tuesday, days relative to USA. Everything that's happened in that time period has been outside of my control. Looks like there have been some interesting things going on!

hmm so who was posting all of that? (so confused..)

• @Randy said: hmm so who was posting all of that? (so confused..)

>

@phxadam

• @Taylor said: @Randy said: hmm so who was posting all of that? (so confused..)

>

@phxadam
    ahh okay, understood now.

• @breton said: His message was "if you don't close, everyone will blame you for these hidden stats and it will be your fault that our clients (some of which are from your forum) are not informed". This way of trying to have an influence upon LET is absolutely unacceptable.

That's what you -infer- from his post. It was not stated in any way. Frankly I think it's way OTT, but that -my- opinion.

I am not defending IPXCore, but the way things escalate on this forum because of unfounded inferences is rediculous.

@gsrdgrdghd said: For example peer pressure is a form of coercion although it doesn't involve any threats.

If that is the case, then this thread is coercion, in that it is exerting peer pressure on me to cancel my IPXCore VPS.

Thanked by 1mpkossen