Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

18910111214»

Comments

• PatsPats Member
    edited September 2012

@httpzoom said: Personally I do not think it was dealt with amazingly and now a policy has been put into place basically saying if they feel you've violated their TOS or AUP they can do as they like with your personal data.

Add into that it appears there is a split in the vision between the two partners and one tried to blackmail a community to close a ticket...
    AND the refusal to accept responsibility for anything DC after DC, Forum Threads, Customers etc.
    Doesn't paint a great picture.

This
    Mr Perfect says...

• @Maounique said: LET is not the provider's place, it is customer's place ! We rule here with the help of mods

I agree. But that doesn't mean (or shouldn't mean) that "customers" are free to post "speculations" about any provider. Much of this thread consists of people posting their opinions. Somewhere along the line it became acceptable for people to post their opinions without saying, "in my opinion...".

Did IPXCore do something wrong in posting that screenshot? Yes or no. Your answer is your opinion, not the the ultimate truth.

Is @chief's accusation of blackmail legitimate? Yes or no. Your answer is again your opinion.

This thread has, in my opinion, long outlived its usefulness and should be closed.

In my fucking opinion.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Pats I'm far from perfect, however if I make a mistake I own up to it!

• @sleddog said: Did IPXCore do something wrong in posting that screenshot? Yes or no. Your answer is your opinion, not the the ultimate truth.

And if you state your opinion in public, you should be prepared to defend it and support it with arguments. Otherwise its irrelevant.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Why are we still talking about this? Its to the point where its pointless and going in circles.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox lbft
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: And if you state your opinion in public, you should be prepared to defend it and support it with arguments. Otherwise its irrelevant.

That's your opinion. Mine is: this is a discussion forum, not a court of law. People are free to state their opinions and shouldn't be called to task for doing so - provided it's clear that it's an opinion, not a supposed fact.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Pats
  • @sleddog I just wanted to say, you're amazing.

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited September 2012

@TheHackBox said: @sleddog I just wanted to say, you're amazing.

But clearly you meant to say that's your opinion, and not that he is amazing by any objective standard, since we're apparently at that point in the conversation.

• @Soylent said: you meant to say that's your opinion

Yes that's my opinion. What's your point?

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited September 2012

@sleddog said: Somewhere along the line it became acceptable for people to post their opinions without saying, "in my opinion...".

@TheHackBox said: Yes that's my opinion. What's your point?

I'm saying if we've gotten to the point in the thread where everyone is an irritating pedant*, let's at least be consistent. If I have to explain the joke, I was satirizing the position of the guy you have a dudecrush on.

*: In my opinion.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

I think this has been a long thread.
    Maybe its time to end this? take a break everyone;-)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@sleddog said: That's your opinion. Mine is: this is a discussion forum, not a court of law.

Exactly. We are discussing opinions. It goes without saying that we put here our opinions, do I have to put in my signature "the above is my opinion, I dont claim to be the ultimate truth " ?
    Besides, the thread is not dead and I still have to say a few things:
    1. I am sorry Damian ! I do accept you version that Adam screw up. This does not mean IPXcore is better with this, but you personally are.
    2. This thread was never 100% about IPXcore. It states some principles along the way and should serve as didactic material for any future cases.
    3. Same the moving saga thread where everyone was posting nonsense just to make it long. I want to make this a record breaker, why the other one was acceptable and this one is not ? It is the same waste of time and space.
    M

• @httpzoom said: I'm far from perfect

Nope.. ur Mr Perfect as:

you don't have to change DC's
    ur servers are all perfect
    ur uptimes are all perfect from the 1st minute
    ur partner is perfect - everywhere partners have big or small issues/difference of opinions even if they're own bro/sis
    ur LEB plans are all perfect
    ur clients are all perfect

• @Pats, you are perfect :)

• Or he just hasn't had a ddos yet(read: real ddos) that cannot be mitigated on a regular network

• Anyone know where adam went?

• He founded a band. Adam & the Ants:

One of their hits: "Stand and deliver".