Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DN42- LowEndPeers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DN42- LowEndPeers

Comments

• Hi I'm looking to peer as well. I don't mind latency.

• peered with reetus yesterday,a very helpful guy !

• if anyone want a peer, contact me

• Old thread, I know. But I was wondering if I could get some help on this?

I have a done everything up to registering an IPv4 prefix but whenever I try I get: ERROR: invalid inetnum/inet6num input. Also, What do I put for the nserver field? How do I get a working nameserver for those IP addresses?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

I'm going to give this a try later on. Anyone want to peer with me. DDoS Mitigation?

IceCream said: 15/m/Moscow

21/m/Manchester UK Haha :D

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@gibster said:
    Old thread, I know. But I was wondering if I could get some help on this?

I have a done everything up to registering an IPv4 prefix but whenever I try I get: ERROR: invalid inetnum/inet6num input. Also, What do I put for the nserver field? How do I get a working nameserver for those IP addresses?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Join the irc channel and ask for help there.

• jmckeag12 said: 21/m/Manchester UK Haha :D

13/f/cali

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    13/f/cali

14/m/london,uk

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    13/f/cali

Too young end up going prison.

Find someone else to discuss hosting related subjects :)

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    13/f/cali

PM me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Its a real shame this is not IPv6, could maybe use it globally to force ipv6 connectivity between cogent and HE, unless I missed a fundamental point that is...

• AnthonySmith said: Its a real shame this is not IPv6, could maybe use it globally to force ipv6 connectivity between cogent and HE, unless I missed a fundamental point that is...

It is possible to use IPv6 and you missed a point

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited July 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    Its a real shame this is not IPv6, could maybe use it globally to force ipv6 connectivity between cogent and HE, unless I missed a fundamental point that is...

Yepp, you can use IPv6 there. However, it's like a little, completely separated internet. You shouldn't route any official stuff over it, people are going to hate and depeer you if you start pushing a lot of traffic...

Some LET-internal IPv6-only BGP lab/peering/whatever stuff could be interesting for training purposes. But probably too less people which are interested in doing so.

Thanked by 1wusel
  • I'm going to revive this from the dead for the second time.

I've been playing around with dn42 for a couple days now and its incredibly fun despite having almost no experience with BGP whatsoever. Peering with people is rather fun.

I'm at the point where I want to setup another peering point in Europe, along with my already running node in the USA. How would I go about doing this with OSPF?, what changes would i have to make to the default bird config for DN42?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Gunter your hobby is resurrection? Like Bond's? :-).

Since OSPF is an Internal routing protocol, here are no specific changes you have to do on DN42 side or BGP, perhaps maybe except filtering unwanted announcements.

• @Clouvider said:
    Gunter your hobby is resurrection? Like Bond's? :-).

Since OSPF is an Internal routing protocol, here are no specific changes you have to do on DN42 side or BGP, perhaps maybe except filtering unwanted announcements.

Oh, is it really automatic? Wouldn't I at least need to set up a virtual route via OpenVPN?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, no, it's BGP independent, so it simply has nothing to do with your BGP and who/which network do you peer with.

Some example configuration: http://1cisco.com/index.php/how-to-bird-ospf/

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Jar said:
    There we go, I'm dumb ;)

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/ivo/http/ucis/ix/dn42/ip.php on line 13 Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/ivo/http/ucis/ix/dn42/ip.php on line 13 Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/ivo/http/ucis/ix/dn42/ip.php on line 13

Thanked by 1ashkulz
  • @Clouvider said:
    Well, no, it's BGP independent, so it simply has nothing to do with your BGP and who/which network do you peer with.

Some example configuration: http://1cisco.com/index.php/how-to-bird-ospf/

Ah, thanks very much! This is helpful.

• ManiacManiac Member
    edited October 2015

Remove this post, thanks.

• @Maniac said:
    Remove this post, thanks.

Why?

• @Gunter said:
    Why?

I guess you understood me wrong. I meant my specific post that I made by mistake.

• Maniac said: Remove this post, thanks.

I like it the way it is. :)

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Anyone here who could peer over GRE tunnel?

• KobeKobe Member

Anybody still having fun with the dn42 project?

What's the easiest way to connect nodes within our ASNs?

• 127001127001 Member

I'm so down.

• KobeKobe Member

@127001 said:
    I'm so down.

Peer with me! Also down for peering with anyone else on LET.

• I am also on dn42 asn is 4242421995

• BasilBasil Member

I'm available on DN42, AS 4242428248, I can do openvpn.

• Anyone still interested in peering? I'm in AU so prefer peers in AU/NZ/Asia/West Coast US etc but happy to try with anyone :-) PM me!