Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DN42- LowEndPeers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DN42- LowEndPeers

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    From ASL to ASN :)

14/f/cali?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Jar said:
    14/f/cali?

15/m/Moscow

ERROR: invalid inetnum/inet6num

I'm showing my lack of understanding of IP structure and routing and all that jazz. Anyone able to shed some light on what the inetnum input is expecting?

This is incredible at making me realize how little I know.

not allowed to create at top level UNATHORIZED: no access to parent/child inetnum resources

Thanked by 1netomx
  • edited February 2015

@Jar said:
    This is incredible at making me realize how little I know.

not allowed to create at top level UNATHORIZED: no access to parent/child inetnum resources

did you set mnt-by to the vaue you used in mntner

@StartledPhoenix said:
    did you set mnt-by to the vaue you used in mntner

I did. I just noticed the password field on the right but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2015

You can easily get the least required data for objects by going to webupdates, select new, select type, select single field.

With this error you are missing the Maintainer PW (or wrong) or the object you try to edit is RIPE MNT protected (PI).

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar said:
    I did. I just noticed the password field on the right but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Use another range. Like in the 10.0.0.0/8 range. You can see what's assigned here:

http://ix.ucis.nl/dn42/ip.php

Thanked by 1jar

There we go, I'm dumb ;)

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @Jar did you get an assignment from someone at DN42? Here is the current network map. You have to ask someone (e.g. nixnodes or equinox) to give you a /24.

• @Jar said:
    There we go, I'm dumb ;)

That's not anywhere near live. Cross check with: http://109.24.208.244:8888/dn42-netblock-visu/registry.html

Then check the looking glass for any announcements of that IP range.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Jar did you get an assignment from someone at DN42? Here is the current network map. You have to ask someone (e.g. nixnodes or equinox) to give you a /24.

Was just filling in goodies on https://io.nixnodes.net/?registry blindly. I suppose that what's accepted there isn't necessarily accepted unless approved via some communication channel like IRC?

• If i'm not mistakten it all depends on the "policy" setting. Open means that you can just register a certain object, ask means that you have to ask someone else first. For example right now 172.23.117.0/24 seems to be "open".

Thanked by 1jar
  • Just for reference, I am AS4242420356.

• Yea, how to obtain a sizeable PI block? Something like a /20.

I'm AS4242423664 and I would probably avoid me. I'm positive I'll break something.

• @William said:
    Yea, how to obtain a sizeable PI block? Something like a /20.

No way buddy.

• edited February 2015

I am in AS4242420102, anyone wanna peer in US or eu?

Have nodes in lax/sea/fra

• Mine is AS4242421212. :o

• If anyone wants to peer around NL/DE/FR, reach me out. ASN is AS4242421996 and using OVPN.

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited February 2015

@cassa said:
    Use another range. Like in the 10.0.0.0/8 range. You can see what's assigned here:
    http://ix.ucis.nl/dn42/ip.php

@Jar do not do this. You will collide with icvpn/freifunk and ChaosVPN.

Thanked by 1wusel
  • @0xdragon said:

Yugh its late in here

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • That's definitely not a rocket science. :) My VPN software of choice is tinc, perhaps I add a new VPS to participate, using tinc.

Well, right after teaching people how to enter this darknet, it's time to teach best practices of using it actually.

Just a piece of advice - if you participate in other darknets, don't use similarly built mounts/aliases, otherwise you'll defeat your anonymity.

Thanked by 2ehab SpicyPepper
  • DN42 is an insane amount of fun for any sysadmin, student or anyone with a free afternoon and an interest in networks.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

How to setup stuff? Even Getting started or OpenVPN dosent helps. Maybe its to early this morning.

• KupolKupol Member
    edited February 2015

Can I run it on OpenVZ, mates? Assuming TUN/TAP is available and ip_gre is enabled on host node.

• @Kupol said:
    Can I run it on OpenVZ, mates? Assuming TUN/TAP is available and ip_gre is enabled on host node.

Bird may require certain kernel modules. Give it a go and let us know :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited February 2015

@Infinity580 said:
    How to setup stuff? Even Getting started or OpenVPN dosent helps. Maybe its to early this morning.

My advice: Set some time aside, read through the entire getting started guide from the first line. It's important. Also read the main page about what DN42 is and isn't, and what you use it for :)

Also, still looking for peers! My first node is in NC, US.

• 0xdragon said: Bird may require certain kernel modules. Give it a go and let us know :)

Only if you peer with me, mate ;)