Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info

124»

Comments

• interesting.. I have a feeling the guy is harmless. he lives in a facility.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

JoeMerit said: interesting.. I have a feeling the guy is harmless. he lives in a facility.

This is the first thing I thought of when I read this post:

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Now I received his email again. It says:"Even tho they is almost no risk it is still best to change your password as alot of you use the same password for whmcs as you do on your vps's. " I don't think Matthew's English is so bad.

• XIAOSpider97 said: It says:"Even tho they is almost no risk it is still best to change your password as alot of you use the same password for whmcs as you do on your ** vps's.** " I don't think Matthew's English is so bad.

The better option for this would be

Dear *Clients Name*

Due to the recent security incidents involving BudgetGeeks Telecom Ltd, We urge all customers to update your passwords (Both for our Billing Panel and the Password Used to access your VPS) to ensure your VPS & Billing Information remains secure.

Any questions about this can be answered VIA out Ticket System. 

Best Regards,
    Matthew Morgan

• I try rent 1 VPS. Pay via paypal successful but invoice still 'unpaid'. Sent ticket and then they fixed this issue.

Just for testing Kloxo-MR for 'NAT IP'.

• they suspended my vps saying its using 100% for 3 hrs. but I have not even started to use it. just reinstalled Debian and it was idle since past 3 days.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @victorqd said:
    they suspended my vps saying its using 100% for 3 hrs. but I have not even started to use it. just reinstalled Debian and it was idle since past 3 days.

@mtwiscool for ya!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

There was only one person in this thread that mentioned Aspergers and you mentioned it twice as much as that poster. I don't call that "thrown around". Do you know Matthew and what his "diagnose" is?

I believe I saw it mentioned a few times, but perhaps I'm confusing it with another thread.

It doesn't matter whether I know what his diagnosis is. The whole point to begin with is that the diagnosis of "aspergers" doesn't actually mean anything, that you can derive no meaningful information from it, and that it definitely isn't a justification for any kind of behaviour.

• I seen autistic tossed around a few times.

• LeeLee Veteran

joepie91 said: it definitely isn't a justification for any kind of behaviour.

Indeed. I have a 20 year old son who is Autistic. It's a condition, not an excuse.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Sometimes I feel a bit acoustic, that's also a condition, not an excuse. Then I fart and all is good again.

Totally unrelated to this thread.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@victorqd said:
    they suspended my vps saying its using 100% for 3 hrs. but I have not even started to use it. just reinstalled Debian and it was idle since past 3 days.

If I had €1 for every time I heard that .... i could have bought GVH :)

• They gave me another for that. I wonder how long it will last !

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I mean the amount of people who proclaim innocence because they just did a default install and left the machine idle then go nuts when they get suspended due to their server being hacked and it abusing some of the AUP :)

• anaana Member

Im waitig it for setup a vps for me.
    I bought a plan of natvps.uk

Does anyone know how long it takes to set up?

Thanks!