Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info

OSSOSS Member

Hello all,

Does anyone here has any info on what's happening at Hostrail/budgetgeek.info please?
I'm a client there but no alert has been received about any kind of maintenance or migration.

Earlier both sites where down, right now both are up but Feathur CP seems to be down.
Budgetgeek is only displaying KLOXO welcome page.
Furthermore emails to budgetgeek are being rejected
The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 No such user!

Comments

• @OSS said:
    Hello all,

Does anyone here has any info on what's happening at Hostrail/budgetgeek.info please?
    I'm a client there but no alert has been received about any kind of maintenance or migration.

Earlier both sites where down, right now both are up but Feathur CP seems to be down.
    Budgetgeek is only displaying KLOXO welcome page.
    Furthermore emails to budgetgeek are being rejected
    The error that the other server returned was:
    550 5.7.1 No such user!

http://billing.budgetgeek.info/ ?

Plus yes Feathur is down

• There is an idiot in charge, that's all.

• @kcaj said:
    There is an idiot in charge, that's all.

Matthew is not an idiot. Asperger people are not idiots. However, I would like to comment the OP with a sincere: "Gosh! Really? That was completely unforeseeable!".

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Amitz said: Matthew is not an idiot. Asperger people are not idiots.

If you're implying I branded Matthew an idiot because of his ASD, you're wrong.

I stand by my original comment.

Thanked by 2wych William
  • Tsk Tsk Tsk.. could just go with me for France, or @davidgestiondbi for Canada.. Just sayin..

• AutoSnipe said: Tsk Tsk Tsk.. could just go with me for France, or @davidgestiondbi for Canada.. Just sayin..

LES currently has stock too.

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • @kcaj said:
    I stand by my original comment.

To be honest, I've not seen any evidence that he's stupid, quite the opposite infact. He does appear to make terrible decisions, but that's likely another symptom of his illness.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2015

@kcaj : @AutoSnipe and me are part of LES.... ;)

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • Nekki said: To be honest, I've not seen any evidence that he's stupid, quite the opposite infact. He does appear to make terrible decisions, but that's likely another symptom of his illness.

He thinks it's possible to cover Wales in Wi-Fi using a single base station. (Yes, that's Wales the country.)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2015

@kcaj said:
    He thinks it's possible to cover Wales in Wi-Fi using a single base station. (Yes, that's Wales the country.)

But - what if the the station is just big and powerful enough... ;-)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @kcaj said:

Ok, yeah, fair enough.

• The fact that I am banned for calling an admin out on this forum point blank and yet nothing is done about comments like these clearly upset me..... especially when that person could have defended themselves, and mtwiscool can't due to prior circumstances on this board.

@kcaj first off he is not an idiot, he made a challenge for himself to make 1$ a year VPS plans, and he did do it, and from my understanding he is making it work. Clearly something you thought was unfathomable.

In regards to his hotspot goal, he doesn't want to cover it with only one station, but technically it is possible. He actually wanted to create a sea of free wifi in the country of wales, which is an admirable task. Though I agree he probably wont get far with it. However, at least he aspires to due good even if the situation seems impossible, something many of you could learn from.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Mun said: Blah blah blah blah blah

Okay Mun.

Thanked by 2DalekOfSkaro switsys
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2015

kcaj said: He thinks it's possible to cover Wales in Wi-Fi using a single base station. (Yes, that's Wales the country.)

Wales? Maybe that was phase one or something, but the vision grew.

His stated goal was "one SSID for the whole world", which will radically reduce crime because everyone will have free wi-fi.

Besides the ridiculous idea of a minor (or anyone) successfully setting that up, why this would reduce crime was never explained.

Let me check...nope, I still don't see that SSID advertised here...

I don't think everything can be explained away by his illness. The idea of putting 500 VPSes on a single hard drive requires idiocy.

• LeeLee Veteran

Mun said: The fact that I am banned for calling an admin out on this forum point blank and yet nothing is done about comments like these clearly upset me..... especially when that person could have defended themselves, and mtwiscool can't due to prior circumstances on this board.

Mtwiscool being banned is his own fault, he is banned from everywhere else, that should tell you something.

• I have a daughter who has Aspergers and she does tend to make a lot of crazy decisions, but she is very book smart. You have to understand how their thought process is before "it is her/his own fault". Maybe truly he doesn't understand why.

• LeeLee Veteran

aggressivenetworks said: Maybe truly he doesn't understand why.

Perhaps, but that does not mean anyone is going to cut him or anyone else in that same position any slack. Especially where money is involved. Disability may be a reason but it can't be an excuse.

• edited February 2015

Well people are just mean.sorry I disagree with you that it can be an excuse really maybe he just doesnt understand the situation. Unless you deal with someone with aspergers on a Daily basis you truly don't understand their mind set at times. His business dealing should be truly limited but what harm has he caused some one with his current venture? People rag on him but really they are just jealous. I give the kid more props for trying to do something and having ideas to better the world.

• spammyspammy Member
    edited February 2015

@aggressivenetworks said:
    Well people are just mean.sorry I disagree with you that it can be an excuse really maybe he just doesnt understand the situation. Unless you deal with someone with aspergers on a Daily basis you truly don't understand their mind set at times. His business dealing should be truly limited but what harm has he caused some one with his current venture? People rag on him but really they are just jealous. I give the kid more props for trying to do something and having ideas to better the world.

Well, then my word of advice to him is: Don't!

Have mental illness (or psychological conditions) does not mean he should be out in the wild and doing things that are borderline illegal (scamming in this case). Does that mean if today Mtwiscool decide to shoot and kill your whole family he should be forgiven too based on this so-called conditions?

He might be a smart kid, but without proper education, simply blaming everything on his illness and hope the rest of the world would forgive him because of this whatever disease is just ridiculous.

And you, as a supposedly mature and sane adult, is giving a kid kudos for scamming people, and think we are just "jealous" of him, then I'll recommend you to have a check-up with a psychologist as well.

I give sympathy for those who are less fortunate than me, but I will never give any condolences to any criminals.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

aggressivenetworks said: maybe he just doesnt understand the situation.

Which is why he should not be doing it. He is trying to do these things in a market that will not appreciate his condition.

spammy said: Unless you deal with someone with aspergers on a Daily basis you truly don't understand their mind set at times

Maybe I deal with worse on a daily basis.

• edited February 2015

First off sounds like you like need to take a chill pill. It will be an excuse due to no one leading the guy in the right direction. Yet you don't understand aspergers so you can't just educate the person and you think it going to stick. Sorry. Now trying say what ever about me just shows you are looking for some attention. I said his business dealing should be limited and I don't know the kids prior history either and don't care. What has done to some one as of this momemnt? Idk so say what ever want you lack of education on matter shows. So I repeat this again unless you deal with someone with aspergers on a daily basis you will understand their thinking at times as I deal with my own daughter.

• LeeLee Veteran

aggressivenetworks said: So I repeat this again unless you deal with someone with aspergers on a daily basis you will understand their thinking at times as I deal with my own daughter.

And like I say, you do not know what I deal with each day, but this is a not a personal column.

You are the one that seems to think you understand more than anyone else, that is fine, you think what you like.

• edited February 2015

@w1v_Lee I do agree with youon that and I was writing from a parent who deals with this similar situation. I was not being open minded in this matter and I do apologize. It just struck me the wrong way

Thanked by 1Lee
  • edited February 2015

I apologize to everyone on the matter like i said before my passion as a parent with a kid with aspergers showed the stress of my daily situation. I was not being open minded on the matter. Once again I do apologize because I am not expert either.

• Bottom line, this guy is a known scammer and LET do not tolerate scammers. Period.

• w1v_lee, since when you becomes mod? congrats :)

• LeeLee Veteran

about a month ago I think. Thanks.

• aggressivenetworks said: People rag on him but really they are just jealous.

aggressivenetworks said: Idk so say what ever want you lack of education on matter shows.

Are you seriously suggesting that I am having a "rag" on him because I am jealous? I don't think you are, you don't seem to know your own stance on this one, so on this occasion I'll spare you of any further comment.

• edited February 2015

Where did I even mention your name? For even commenting shows your true feeling on the matter! But I'll just be quiet and take the backseat since I was a closed mined soul