Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

hkhan03 said: Support is awful and very unprofessional

Support? For a 2-3$ per year vps? You should not buy it if you thought that any kind of service like that will come with support. Read their TOS

Limitation of Liability
    BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, which may arise from BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED ' servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Furthermore, BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED ' servers. All damages shall be limited to the immediate termination of service. Disclaimer
    BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED cannot be held liable for system down time, crashes or data loss. We cannot be held liable for any predicated estimate of profits which a client would have gained if their site was functioning.

See this service as a game, test, hobby or something like that. Even LES from @Anthony cannot be used as anything more than that with expectations (even if my experience with LES is great and I actually host sites there). With 2-3$ per year, there cannot be real support or stability.

Also, I do not know mtwiscool but, hey, from what people here say, all the drama happened about 2 years ago. He is a troubled kid that is growning and maybe he is trying to learn from his failures. Skylar from Crissic had a major failure with his previous venture and let many people pissed off, but he stood on his feet and now he owns and runs one of the best LET services out there.

Anyway, mtwiscool -from my point of view- is not trying to harm anybody by selling yearly vps costed 2-4$ per year! Do you think that he is trying to steal your... money and run away?

• @MSPNick said:

He was initially banned to protect him from himself and others. He then decided to appeal that ban by making a number of serious threats towards me over IRC and via tickets, after which I told him he's never coming back here as long as I'm in charge and that any further communication would be sent to the police. I haven't heard from him since.

• @mpkossen said:
    He was initially banned to protect him from himself and others. He then decided to appeal that ban by making a number of serious threats towards me over IRC and via tickets, after which I told him he's never coming back here as long as I'm in charge and that any further communication would be sent to the police. I haven't heard from him since.

So why is he allowed to spam the IRC channel constantly?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@trvz said:

Probably because the IrC channel is an unofficial le* channel.

Even if a few in charge here has powers there its a different "world".

• @trvz said:

Anything goes in the channel.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited February 2015

@trvz said:

I believe he's banned from the channel under our control, if not, please flag it for an OP there.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited February 2015

@mpkossen said:
    I believe he's banned for the channel under our control, if not, please flag it for an OP there.

Other than William, there aren't any active OPs there. He has been spamming the channel with his life story for weeks.

• LeeLee Veteran

Not used IRC for years, maybe should look in if I can remember how IRC works. What is the channel?

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Not used IRC for years, maybe should look in if I can remember how IRC works. What is the channel?

Yeh, don't join from your home IP. Get ZNC or IRC Cloud or something. irc.freenode.net / #lowendbox

• LeeLee Veteran

@kcaj said:
    Yeh, don't join from your home IP. Get ZNC or IRC Cloud or something. irc.freenode.net / #lowendbox

Cool, got it, I think.

• CP is up again.Still can't mail billing@budget and no mail received about the downtime.... Opened a ticket via WHM.
    It's my first topic here and i'm still trying to understand what just happened but i'm surely cancelling my recurring payment to this guy.

• lol Constantinos from hostrail.com and mtwistcool from hostrail.net are different persons- just both... urgh no comment

Thanked by 1Coastercraze
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited February 2015

Please do not give your personal information to any operation involved with Matthew Morgan. He gives out access to WHMCS willy-nilly. An SQL dump of the WHMCS database has been obtained and I know of atleast two others in position of it.

Images removed.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited February 2015

EDIT: mtwiscool has reported

kcaj said: Please do not give your personal information to any operation involved with Matthew Morgan. He gives out access to WHMCS willy-nilly. An SQL dump of the WHMCS database has been obtained and I know of atleast two others in position of it.

So you said that you would help him and then stole his WHMCS database? Is that what you are telling us?

Thanked by 2russainvps 0xdragon
  • @mikho said:

I haven't spoken with him at all, I don't have access to the install.

@kcaj said:
    I haven't spoken with him at all, I don't have access to the install.

So who took advantage of this kid?

Thanked by 1russainvps
  • Nice try Matthew.

• So, correct me if I'm wrong, mtwiscool has autism. He makes threats, and then he buggers off after someone threatened to get police involved, he's 18, registered a company, he got hacked, and from stuff I've read, well, I went over briefly and there's a lot of crap about him.

Did he even inform his clients that the website was breached or? I'm guessing not.

• foettifoetti Member
    edited February 2015

PortCTL said: Did he even inform his clients that the website was breached or?

He did send out the following mail at 22:20 GMT yesterday.

You need to click forgot my password to login to your accounts due to a admin given details out(left screenshare on).
    All passwords are md5(salted) and we have locked the admin out.
    They is no payment details prosseed by the website so thoes can not be leaked.

• @foetti said:

covering passwords with md5 wtf

• I swear some people are proper cunts.

Granted, Matthew shouldn't be running a hosting business, but someone taking advantage of him like this is pure shithousery.

• So who hacked Matthew's hosting business?

• @Chuck said:
    So who hacked Matthew's hosting business?

Based on the above it might not be a hack, he appears to give people access to things quite freely.

• Regardless of whether it was a hack or not, why the heck are we allowing it to stay up on here?

• LeeLee Veteran

I have removed the images of his WHMCS installation.

Thanked by 2Amitz 0xdragon
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2015

"Aspergers" is thrown around way too much in this thread. First of all have a read as to what it actually means. It's more or less a catch-all term for a set of uncommon behaviours that turn out problematic in daily life, and there is no conclusive indication that it is really an identifiable 'thing', nor any one symptom that is always present.

Bottom line: "aspergers" in and of itself is not a valid justification, excuse or explanation for any kind of issues that somebody is having. Somebody may have behavioural issues of some sort, but waving it away by saying "aspergers" is not the correct solution to that. Instead, remark on the actual behavioural problems, and address those...

And no, somebody doesn't "have" aspergers.

Thanked by 1spammy

@joepie91
    There was only one person in this thread that mentioned Aspergers and you mentioned it twice as much as that poster. I don't call that "thrown around". Do you know Matthew and what his "diagnose" is?

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • how about Matthew gets unbanned so he can tell his side of the story?

• LeeLee Veteran

@JoeMerit said:
    how about Matthew gets unbanned so he can tell his side of the story?

Probably not.

mpkossen said: He was initially banned to protect him from himself and others. He then decided to appeal that ban by making a number of serious threats towards me over IRC and via tickets, after which I told him he's never coming back here as long as I'm in charge and that any further communication would be sent to the police. I haven't heard from him since.