Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostrail / budgetgeek.info

Comments

• @spammy said:
    Bottom line, this guy is a known scammer and LET do not tolerate scammers. Period.

No, he's not a known 'scammer'. Yes, his 'companies' do tend to turn to shit and people don't get the services they paid for, but none of it is deliberate, and he's never (to my knowledge) purposely lied or attempted to get people to pay for a service that he has no intention of providing.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • Let's keep this on topic lol

• Hostrail - I quite remember that name years ago. Surprised anyone would pick that name up again.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • From when I was working around children the advice was always to tell kids with autism etc if they were doing something stupid or wrong, something about real life experiences?

• I'm assuming he has parents who should be supervising his activities and telling him what is stupid, etc. It's not our job to play doctors or parents.

• @rds100 said:
    I'm assuming he has parents who should be supervising his activities and telling him what is stupid, etc. It's not our job to play doctors or parents.

No, he lives in a care home and uses their internet with no supervision.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • linuxthefish said: From when I was working around children the advice was always to tell kids with autism etc if they were doing something stupid or wrong, something about real life experiences?

There's telling someone that what they're doing is wrong, then there's calling them stupid on an internet forum. Not really the same thing.

• spammyspammy Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    No, he's not a known 'scammer'. Yes, his 'companies' do tend to turn to shit and people don't get the services they paid for, but none of it is deliberate, and he's never (to my knowledge) purposely lied or attempted to get people to pay for a service that he has no intention of providing.

By your logic, most of the summerhosts are just teenagers who wants to turn into millionaire entrepreneurs offering VPS hosting. So none of them should be called scammers?

To me, if someone takes my cash without giving the promised service (and didn't offer a refund/compensation), it is scamming, whether he intentionally scams or not is another question.

Majority of people who drives on the road don't have the intention to hit and kill someone, yet it is a serious criminal offense if they do.

• spammy said: Majority of people who drives on the road don't have the intention to hit and kill someone, yet it is a serious criminal offense if they do.

Well done for proving my point for me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@spammy

If you have proof that he has scammed you or anyone else, send it to me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

linuxthefish said: No, he lives in a care home and uses their internet with no supervision.

mtwiscool has made claims that his mother was murdered, the police never found the killer, etc. I have no idea if that is true.

He's also stated he lives in a group home.

I suspect he's genuinely been dealt a bad hand as far as early life. I emailed him once and told him that these madcap projects really are not doing him any good. He has some level of technical talent and is young. I recommended he pursue more traditional paths such as getting a degree or certifications, getting a job in IT, building a resume, etc. He responded with comments about how he had to prove himself, he did want "people in forums" to think his projects had failed, and we would all change our minds once his plans came to fruition. At that point I realized he was not open to candid advice and didn't attempt again.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • spammyspammy Member
    edited February 2015

@MikHo said:
    spammy

If you have proof that he has scammed you or anyone else, send it to me.

This thread won't exists if he didn't scam. Did he take OP's payment? Yes. Did OP get the service he paid for? No. I don't know how more obvious it could be.

Nekki said: Well done for proving my point for me.

Sorry, no idea how I accidentally proved your point.

I don't even know why we are having this argument here. If you think he is some great kid with honourable characters, feel free to spend money buying his services. At the end of the day it is not my money and I can't care less about how you want to waste yours.

@spammy said:
    This thread won't exists if he didn't scam. Did he take OP's payment? Yes. Did OP get the service he paid for? No. I don't know how more obvious it could be.

The OP said he was a client and experienced unplanned downtime and was temporarily unable to submit a ticket or email his provider.
    If this would have happened with another provider, would you have screamed scam then?

Could the OP please confirm that his service is available again? If it is I think @spammy owes mtwiscool an apology.

• @spammy said:
    Sorry, no idea how I accidentally proved your point.

Really? Wow.

• MikHo said: Could the OP please confirm that his service is available again? If it is I think @spammy owes mtwiscool an apology.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/560393/#Comment_560393

@spammy said:

Cool, quoting me as a response.
    From my past experience with mtwiscool, none of the project up until budgetgeek/hostrail never started. It was all talk but never a finished product brought to a public view.
    I'm still waiting for proper proof from you that he has scammed anyone.
    I.e. sold a product/service that wasn't delivered.

• What's the problem? Using Mat's service and it works better than I've expected for that unbelievable price.

• Now with 1 IPv4 port and a size restriction on busts.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am partial to small busts, any more than a handful is a waste.

• What is his past? Seems like everyone knows but I have never heard of him.

• LeeLee Veteran

MSPNick said: I have never heard of him

Honestly, best you keep it that way.

• @W1V_Lee said:

What has he done so wrong?

• LeeLee Veteran

He has not really done wrong as such. 17 year old boy in the UK, has personal issues and aspergers on top of that.

He tried to set up budget services on a regular basis, generally makes a fool of himself all the time (aspergers) and none of his services come to much.

Been about a couple of years now.

• I dunno, he seems like a nice enough guy, and his VPSes have been stable enough considering the price.

• he is behind the massively successful ASDCOIN currency.

Thanked by 2raindog308 JahAGR
  • Thanked by 2raindog308 PortCTL

@MSPNick google mtwiscool and you will have plenty to read for a month or so.

@W1V_Lee he is actually 18 now and started/registerd his first company.

• thumbs down. Support is awful and very unprofessional. I recommend not to use Hostrail / Budgetgeek

• samblingsambling Member
    edited February 2015

hkhan03 said: thumbs down. Support is awful and very unprofessional. I recommend not to use Hostrail / Budgetgeek

Any screenshots? :P