Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Follow-up to Delimiter's fraud accusations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Follow-up to Delimiter's fraud accusations

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2014

@alessio said:
    Well, a provider is blackening my name

Just make up a new one.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: if a good-sized chunk of the community wants to go round in circles on this debate

Come on @Nekki, you've been here three years, don't you know this community loves circles?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @perennate said:
    Come on Nekki, you've been here three years, don't you know this community loves circles?

I thought it was just the green ones on an Observium map they lived.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited November 2014

Nekki said: But you know what, I'm here to serve the community, and if a good-sized chunk of the community wants to go round in circles on this debate, that's fine, I'll leave this open and leave everyone to it.

The problem with that, though, is the potential for Delimiter to be slandered further.

Regardless of personal opinion, OP chose to, and admitted to, providing false information to Delimiter. After-the-fact reasoning does not change this fact. While one may disagree with Delimiter's actions on a personal level, they didn't make an inaccurate report, and they didn't lie/provide false information.

Allowing discussions like this to continue after they've become a pissing match would be silly. I personally agree with your previous choice. It seems that you take the time to learn and try to understand others' opinions or concerns; to me, that's going above the responsibilities of your role as moderator (in a positive way).

It's unfair that discussions like this exist while ones about legitimate provider issues sink to the bottom due to biased members' persistence in using fallacy to support their own opinions/argument in addition to insulting / threatening people to the point that they no longer want to post.

Those same people also call you a "crybaby" when you've been taken advantage of by a provider cause it's "all your fault" as a client for not "doing your homework." While members of LET may be biased, most members of management are clearly not.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @Maounique said:
    IF we take your story as true. Just for the sake of argument, let's do it, putting a 000000 contact phone number is a very serious issue, I mean nowhere does it say you have to own the terminal or the line to be on your name, just a contact phone, even a voice mail would be better than 00000. You dont use a phone but need hosting over the internet? What kind of fouls do you believe the people over there are?

>

[...]

Now, not owning a phone number and not having one where you can be contacted even at your work place, like xxxxx/yyy Mo-Fri 9:00-5:00 or "ask the operator to put me through" kind of thing is screaming trouble for the host. Any company has a phone number, if it was a work project, then there is absolutely no reason not to give at least the public phone you put on your card.

There is some truth in this, but it seems like a trivial point in this particular instance. Suggesting the OP should 'get with the times' for 'not owning a personal phone' or whatever only distracts away from the conceptual point and moves toward witch hunt territory. The OP's decision to own (or reveal) a phone number is beside the point and the move toward repetitively interrogating them about it on a public forum makes quite apparent a number of things.

Frankly, I don't see why anyone should have to provide their phone number to a provider's billing dragnet. At the same time, if a provider requires a phone number and the client doesn't provide one, there is no reason for them to host the client. So to make sure I'm not misunderstood here, I don't disagree with Delimiter's decision to cancel the OP's account. That is not a jab against the OP either, but to say that Delimiter can do whatever they want, their house their rules, etc. However, what is concerning is the coordinated identitarian breathing directed down the OP's neck that seems to have transpired in the aftermath, and is apparently still going on in this thread. It's a bit much to say the least...

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2014

said: Those who believe Delimiter acted properly, please read my initial posting carefully, and please in its entirety, and tell me where I should have been at fault (except for the initially missing street number) and what on earth would justify such a record.

TBH @alessio the above paragraph encourage people to read and scrutinize the old thread, and people who really read the thread comes from various profession and have their own opinion.

Fact is, you are already listed at FR and keep asking the readers "where I should have been at fault (except for the initially missing street number) and what on earth would justify such a record" will only place you on the wrong side of the river.

People who read the thread, will point to:
    1. different PayPal origin (this what triggers them to scrutinize your ID, I assume this was brought up during an internal audit)
    2. missing house number
    3. no phone number
    4. change address to work place
    5. the company they called cannot verify you

I even asked whether you submit your ID for clarification, you answered "They didn't ask".

Actually if you didn't change your address to your workplace, instead you pro-actively trying to prove that you really are who you said you are by submitting your credentials (in this case ID/Passport), then the problem will be solved.

Prolonging this thread will only hurt your credibility further:)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Prolonging this thread will only hurt your credibility further:)

I have tried to explain this in a PM, he is literally incapable of accepting that any other position, opinion or interpretation has any merit or validity, and when faced with the logic you have presented reverts back to the same old street address only line and conveniently ignores the rest.

Frankly I think the record should stay in place.

@Nekki you should change the thread titles to something that removes the hosts name too, like "my personal crusade!"

• Nekki said: if a good-sized chunk of the community wants

Groups like these suffer from groupthink, and I believe one of LET's stronger points is creating transparency, and legitimising actions through consensus one of its weaker ones. I've never understood the "welcome to the lowendhelp desk" type-posts. Threads like this help get an understanding where providers draw the lines.

As for its conclusion, it seems a rewording of the FR report would perhaps be a middle ground.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

ricardo said: I believe

irony.

• AnthonySmith said: Frankly I think the record should stay in place.

I disagree, about this, he should be given a second chance. However, now it is up to him to approach Delimiter & FR to clear his name.

Sometimes bad impression from people that we are dependent to might be a hindrance for us to achieve our goal :)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2014

What's ironic about using "I believe" in a sentence? Bit flippant just putting "irony".

Thanked by 1geekalot

vRozenSch00n said: I disagree, about this, he should be given a second chance.

I understand and respect your opinion, just not one a share. :)

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2014

Removed, irrelevant to conversation.

The guy is a loon, he is incapable of acceptiong anyones perspective but him own, cannot be reasoned with and cannot let anything go, I have asked him to stop PM'img me 4 or 5 times now and:

Thanked by 4jar Amitz Darwin Pwner
  • alexh said: Regardless of personal opinion, OP chose to, and admitted to, providing false information to Delimiter.

Wrong, I never chose to, let alone admitted this. I stated I missed a street number. That is not false information but a glitch, for which I am sorry.

vRozenSch00n said: People who read the thread, will point to:

I understand what you mean, but I did respond to all of Delimiter's concerns. They chose to ignore the explanation and close the account. This is not the issue at all, I never complained about this. What I complain about - and this is fairly obvious - are their subsequent actions to file for a record based on nothing.

• I honestly thought this follow-up post was going to be about Fraud Record's response to this debacle, not a rebuttal to one comment by one member that could just as easily been conveyed over PM.

Thanked by 2jar RLT

alessio said: I stated I missed a street number. That is not false information but a glitch, for which I am sorry.

and you phone number was invalid and your paypal was in another country.... you seem to forget this a lot.

alessio said: I understand what you mean, but I did respond to all of Delimiter's concerns.

Bullshit, if you had then this thread would not exist.

Thanked by 1RLT
  • @hellogoodbye said:
    I honestly thought this follow-up post was going to be about Fraud Record's response to this debacle, not a rebuttal to one comment by one member that could just as easily been conveyed over PM.

No response from them either I am afraid.

I didnt want such a debacle in the first place and dont want it now either. I am only responding to the constant flow of accusations which are simply not true.

I asked a question in the very first posting but instead of addressing it people rather choose to continue with made up stories and facts.

alessio said: I didnt want such a debacle in the first place and dont want it now either.

LOL

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: and you phone number was invalid and your paypal was in another country.... you seem to forget this a lot.

You havent read anything in this thread, have you?

AnthonySmith said: Bullshit, if you had then this thread would not exist.

It is great that you appear to know more about what happened half a year ago than I do. I did address any of their concerns and responded multiple times that they called the wrong number. In fact I was told this is the only number at this address, which is verifiably bullshit - to use for once your choice of language.

Delimiter simply refused to accept any arguments, no matter how valid they were. Very similar to their (respectively in particular Mark Turner's) reaction in this thread. Refusal, denial, refusal, denial and more refusal.

edited November 2014

alessio said: You havent read anything in this thread, have you?

Yep, and again you side step it.

alessio said: It is great that you appear to know more about what happened half a year ago than I do.

This apparently seems to be the case yes.

alessio said: I did address any of their concerns and responded multiple times that they called the wrong number.

That probably would not have happened if you gave them a number you could be reached on though eh? ... eh?

alessio said: which is verifiably bullshit

Verify it then?

In summary: wrong address, invalid phone number, paypal address in another country... sounds legit.

Thanked by 3Lee RLT switsys
  • @AnthonySmith, just wondering why you didn't discover this upon sign up? Seems like any reason to insist on correct details would be relevant on day 1 as they would be on day 61.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: That probably would not have happened if you gave them a number you could be reached on though eh? ... eh?

It is you who is side stepping.

Hindsight is always easy. If you had, if he had and so on. I forgot a number, yes I did, I am sorry, but this doesnt change that I forgot a simple street number.

All of this is not related to them refusing to accept a reasonable explanation. Two months after a paid, two months later!

AnthonySmith said: Verify it then?

I said before, I'd be delighted to give them my work number and agree on a particular time (just prevent further mis-interpretations from their side) to verify the address I specified half a year ago. If this fixes the problem and removes the record I'd be delighted to do this.

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited November 2014

@alessio said:
    I didnt want such a debacle in the first place and dont want it now either. I am only responding to the constant flow of accusations which are simply not true.

My differing opinion on this aside - I don't think the majority of members here cared about the whole thing after the thread was locked and the show was over - I do have a nagging question from the previous thread. You said they tried to call your workplace and ended up calling the wrong department that didn't have your name on file, which they also mentioned in one of their ticket responses to you:

I called the ' **** ' on ****, they have never heard of you and said they would not accept mail on your behalf.

Did you give them the right number from the right department at that point? Or your actual work phone number with your extension? I don't think you ever made that clear, nor can I discern it from her replies to you.

ricardo said: just wondering why you didn't discover this upon sign up?

He never signed up with me the clue is in the title :)

But interesting you ask, I will answer as an experienced third party, sometimes mistakes just happen, we all make them. this however does not detract from the reality that is someone uses a fake address, phone number and a paypal account in a different country it throws up a red flag and that is the point here and because he refused to co-operate with the actual host he got a fraud record record, NOT for fraud though.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2014

@AnthonySmith, apologies I always seem to muddle up you and Mr Turner. :) Hosts should have a tag next to your name... it's confusing who represents who.

FR's name might be unfortunate in this case, but my question up there ^ remains. Amusingly, it'd seem if WHMCS didn't ask for a street address and a phone number by default, it may not even be an issue. Perhaps certain companies should only accept payments from verified paypal accounts.

• hellogoodbye said: Did you give them the right number from the right department at that point? Or your actual work address with your extension? I don't think you ever made that clear, nor can I discern it from her replies to you.

No, I didnt. When it came to this point the conversation took place in the evening (I wouldnt have been able to answer the phone), I was extremely frustrated with their responses (-> address "verification") and attitude and they were already sort of stuck at the address issue and I honestly didnt care about the service itself anymore. I was happy they offered the refund without troubles (god knows) and wanted to call it a day.

alessio said: but this doesnt change that I forgot a simple street number.

and an invalid phone number, and a paypal address in another country.

alessio said: It is you who is side stepping.

as above that would be you.

alessio said: I said before, I'd be delighted to give them my work number and agree on a particular time

I think the opportunity to do this was a while ago, you could have done that to begin with though.

alessio said: to verify the address I specified half a year ago. If this fixes the problem and removes the record I'd be delighted to do this.

That does sound fair sounds like a good resolution but I would not be surprised if they are unwilling to spend any more time on this.

Thanked by 1RLT
  • Why do hosts need an address and a phone number anyway? I've never had one call or post something to me, and I'd rather not have my info out there if there is a database leak or something.

alessio said: I was extremely frustrated with their responses

Post them?