Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greenvaluehost or chicagovps? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greenvaluehost or chicagovps?

Comments

• @headcheese said:

check our plans www.vpsraid.com/plans-kvm

We haven't had any bad reviews till date ( not even good ones )

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    check our plans www.vpsraid.com/plans-kvm

Oi, spammy, no!

• @Nekki said:
    Oi, spammy, no!

Lol

• @headcheese mate, it's like choosing between a bag of vomit and a can of farts.

@VPSRAIDSolutions trolling for business again like a shark with broken teeth I see. Please tell us, what makes your company so special? What makes you stand out from the competition? How is it better to administer your clients with that security train wreck called WHMCS and then have them run their VPS servers using that piece of shit called SolusVM? Compare that to Linode which is dirt cheap these days and then try to understand why you look so fucking retarded with your single node hosting company. Oh, and not having any bad review "yet" doesn't mean shit... it only means that you barely have any customers at all.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @TarballZ said:
    headcheese mate, it's like choosing between a bag of vomit and a can of farts.

VPSRAIDSolutions trolling for business again like a shark with broken teeth I see. Please tell us, what makes your company so special? What makes you stand out from the competition? How is it better to administer your clients with that security train wreck called WHMCS and then have them run their VPS servers using that piece of shit called SolusVM? Compare that to Linode which is dirt cheap these days and then try to understand why you look so fucking retarded with your single node hosting company. Oh, and not having any bad review "yet" doesn't mean shit... it only means that you barely have any customers at all.

@TarballZ , whats your problem about it , I dont have bad reviews because i dont have un-happy customers yet. Coming to the point I dont not use WHMCS im with blesta if you haven't noticed , Yea still using SolusVM to provision KVM , Be it 1 node or 2 node or 1 rack has it got anything to do with you.

• Out of the two, I'd take 123systems.

• @Amitz said:
    Out of the two, I'd take 123systems.

But that's owned by CVPS mate...

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @ATHK said:
    But that's owned by CVPS mate...

Sir, I do believe you just trampled all over the joke.

Thanked by 1Amitz
    TarballZ , whats your problem about it , I dont have bad reviews because i dont have un-happy customers yet. Coming to the point I dont not use WHMCS im with blesta if you haven't noticed , Yea still using SolusVM to provision KVM , Be it 1 node or 2 node or 1 rack has it got anything to do with you.

Doesn't really matter, because having the customer use several uncoordinated control panels to administer their VPS servers is a bad joke in 2014. Look how unified the control panels for Linode, Vultr, 6sync and others are. Because @SolusLabs refuses to improve their crappy SolusVM I refuse to sign up with any provider that uses it. I don't have a problem with you, however I find you rather amusing mate. Take a hint and grow the fuck up.

• Neither.

• @Nekki said:

I can never tell of some is serious or not on the interwebz....

Thanked by 2Amitz Mark_R
  • CVPS_Chris said: How does this make any sense? It has nothing to do with ColoCrossing, they have one of the best networks around. You cannot blame ColoCrossing for a VPS providers nodes not being managed right.

You're right, it doesn't make any sense. But try telling that to the rest of those who are on the "I hate CC" bandwagon :-/

• TarballZ said: trolling for business again

^^ This is what the post thank you was for.

TarballZ said: Please tell us, what makes your company so special? What makes you stand out from the competition? How is it better to administer your clients with that security train wreck called WHMCS and then have them run their VPS servers using that piece of shit called SolusVM? Compare that to Linode which is dirt cheap these days and then try to understand why you look so fucking retarded with your single node hosting company. Oh, and not having any bad review "yet" doesn't mean shit... it only means that you barely have any customers at all.

What exactly is so bad about SolusVM and WHMCS? Please, spare us no details. Tell us how a software used by hundreds and hundreds of companies, including rather popular and reliable ones in the LET Community, such as RamNode, so so awful it's a crime against your clients to use it.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2014

DalekOfSkaro said: What exactly is so bad about SolusVM and WHMCS?

Customers and providers have come to distrust both after security breaches that nipped multiple companies here.

Do you wonder why you see providers creating their own management or billing systems lately? (BuyVM Stallion, BlueVM Feathur, SecureDragon Wyvern, BandwagonHost KiwiVM, VPSDime's whateverthehell, VirtKick..)

Not to mention the features that some have (SD/BH's let you migrate between locations on demand, for example) help providers spend less time on dealing with tickets and more time doing whatever the hell they do in their spare time.

Last I checked BuyVM is working to move from WHMCS to in-built Stallion billing.

DalekOfSkaro said: such as RamNode

One example of someone hit by one of the SolusVM vulns and now working on creating their own panel, though those two actions may not be specifically related.

ChicagoVPS was also hit hard by vulnerabilities in both sets of software - Solus vulns multiple times (which resulted in some nodes being wiped - and that's why you can't log into Solus directly there anymore) and WHMCS vulns, with two database dumps (I think?) alongside a third intrusion that got stopped midway.

• Deciding between GVH and CVPS is like deciding between Ebola and AIDS...

• nice comparison lol

• @ihatetonyy said:

Moved from WHMCS for the same reason , I'm experienced in making panel for openVZ but not for KVM at all trust me security is my main concern and Tarballz mentioned people have been spending money to get their own panels and billing panels what makes you so sure that the code cannot be flawed ??

Is there a guarantee that there wont be any vulnerability in their code. No matter how many thousands of $$ you spend on anything nothing is perfect mate. There is always a loop hole which someone ( if they spend time looking for it ) can figure it out and fuck up the whole node & DB.

• TarballZTarballZ Member
    edited October 2014

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    What exactly is so bad about SolusVM and WHMCS? Please, spare us no details. Tell us how a software used by hundreds and hundreds of companies, including rather popular and reliable ones in the LET Community, such as RamNode, so so awful it's a crime against your clients to use it.

The statements above make you look like an idiot. Before you start typing again and make a fool of yourself, see the links below and get a fucking clue "dude":

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11187/solusvm-vulnerability

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1276286

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/29847/greenvaluehost-hacked-data-stolen

http://lowendbox.com/blog/a-days-recap-solusvm-exploit-released-ramnode-downtime/

RamNode being really happy with SolusVM -> http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23619/possible-new-ramnode-vps-control-panel

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/11521/has-the-solusvm-exploit-dampened-the-rate-of-new-offers

How a mentally unstable provider behaves... http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20631/an-apology-to-the-let-community-a-plead-for-forgiveness-and-a-start-of-a-new-beginning/

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=183

http://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/1giquf/solusvm_0day_used_on_major_vps_hosts/

There is this little tool, really unimportant, called "Google". It might help if you learned how to use it "dude".

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @TarballZ said:
    There is this little tool, really unimportant, called "Google". It might help if you learned how to use it "dude".

There's a time to be rude, and now is not the time. It was a legitimate question.

• @0xdragon said:
    It was a legitimate question.

How can you tell?

• TarballZ said: The statements above make you look like an idiot. Before you start typing again and make a fool of yourself, see the links below and get a ****** clue "dude":

I am rather amazed by how volatile your response to me was. Aside from how your comments are uncalled for, let's list a small number of facts.

1. No software is invulnerable, vulnerabilities and exploits are found everyday.
    2. WHMCS is as exploitable as the HostBill, Übersmith, and every other billing software out there. Someone, somewhere, will find a vulnerability and will try to exploit someone's website.3
    3. SolusVM does not have a special immunity from what's mentioned above.
    4. It does not matter how secure your software is. If the server on which it's hosted is not properly configured, chances are it will be exploited.
    5. A number of the posts you mentioned date back to June and July of 2013.
    6. RamNode, despite being unhappy with WHMCS/SolusVM, are still using it.
    7. That particular post from GVH's Jon adds nothing to your argument. It's like saying Google is a horrible search engine because someone fails to use it and publicly blows things out of proportion.

Now, while I do not believe I'm obligated to explain myself to you, I do like to confirm that my question was legitimate.

I never said SolusVM and WHMCS are crowned kings on the apex of the security pyramid here, but I do however find your comments reflecting some sort of anger. Calling me names seems to prove me right.

Going around throwing insults are people is not the way to validate your argument. I will instead lay a shade of childishness and unprofessionalism upon your cyber image.

Gave a great day.

Thanked by 1alexh
  • ihatetonyy said: Customers and providers have come to distrust both after security breaches that nipped multiple companies here.

Do you wonder why you see providers creating their own management or billing systems lately?

Well, if you put it that way, I will be in complete agreement with you. I don't think WHMCS is an ultimate solution for hosting management. I personally find it rather lacking.

Moving away from it is on the todo list of many providers. I personally would love to go with Übersmith at some point, if they would offer a price tag that makes sense!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2014

ihatetonyy said: Last I checked BuyVM is working to move from WHMCS to in-built Stallion billing.

Yes but we've been busy with other things. Our whole development team is just 2 people and we each do a full support shift, forum trolling, etc, as well.

To be honest, Aldryic & I have done complete redo's of our billing specs a few times now trying to get an idea down that's flexible enough w/o being overly complicated for the end user to use.

As of right now Aldryic is working on some PERL as well as the new BuyVM & BuyShared sites and i'm busy doing preparation for Europe, Anycast, & floating IP's. Jessie doesn't do very much coding.

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    forum trolling

At least you're honest ;)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • GVH was a disaster.
    I bought my cvps 2 years ago and it's never been down

TarballZ , whats your problem about it , I dont have bad reviews because i dont have un-happy customers yet.

Or maybe you dont have any at all
    /joke

• @PremiumN said:
    /joke

lol

• @TarballZ said:
    How can you tell?

He's not insulting you or swearing profusely at you.

• @0xdragon said:
    He's not insulting you or swearing profusely at you.

no use trying to talk sense into him mate.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    no use trying to talk sense into him mate.

Mate, when you use mate to reference someone it makes me read your post in an Australian accent. Cheers.

Thanked by 3ATHK 0xdragon jamson