Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - GreenValueHost... another review - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - GreenValueHost... another review

Comments

• akzakz Member
    edited October 2014

@wych said:
    GVH, the new hydra.

Hail Hydra GVH.

• DalekOfSkaro said: Sounds like the sleep schedule of an 8th grader

The GIF makes it; So creepy.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wych said: It made me chuckle, would be better with a dog next to it ;)

Thanked by 1wych
  • @GVH_Jacob said:
    We also have on call techs who are paid hourly, starting at $20/hour.

Why would you mention their salaries?

• alexh said: The GIF makes it; So creepy.

As intended :)

• Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @Nekki said:
    Why would you mention their salaries?

I mentioned their hourly wages (which are already public information as we list that in job offers), not their salaries. We don't disclose that information. Past techs such as @Rallias can tell you what they've earned for contractor salaries if you are truly curious.

• Nekki said: Why would you mention their salaries?

To show that GVH can indeed afford paying people I guess.

• @GVH_Jacob said:
    I mentioned their hourly wages (which are already public information as we list that in job offers), not their salaries. We don't disclose that information. Past techs such as @Rallias can tell you what they've earned for contractor salaries if you are truly curious.

Point missed. Why did you mention money at all?

• @Nekki said:
    Point missed. Why did you mention money at all?

Because they need more of it?

• DalekOfSkaro said: To show that GVH can indeed afford paying people I guess.

$20 x 8 = $160 x 5 = $800 x 4 = $3200/month, roughly $38,000 yearly if that's the salary term.

• In response to what Dalek said about us having full time staff. I wanted to be more informative because that is the kind of person that I am. I apologize if I spoke out of turn, I don't mean to cause trouble.

• Nekki said: Point missed. Why did you mention money at all?

Because they feel the need to prove themselves to this community? I don't think they've taken business classes, or anyone who's ever worked for GVH has, because every single representative has behaved unprofessionally on a regular basis doing things like this.

• GVH_Jacob said: In response to what Dalek said about us having full time staff. I wanted to be more informative because that is the kind of person that I am. I apologize if I spoke out of turn, I don't mean to cause trouble.

Honestly, a "Yes, GVH Can afford paying it's employees a proper wage" would have sufficed :-)

Thanked by 1alexh
  • > @GVH_Eric said:

PM me the affected IP.

That's not the purpose of the test, it's to see how a vps with GVH will do without opening a ticket every day.

Thanked by 2alexh DalekOfSkaro
  • How many sock puppets is he allowed to have here? O_o

• "Abuse NOC Manager"...? Oh Dear...
    All what those GVH guys are now missing is a Global Vision Architect and an International Brand Evangelist.

• @tr1cky Then its highly possible that one of our nodes crashed most likely due to abuse and your container has not booted, causing the downtime you have/are experiencing. If you refuse to submit a ticket, our SLA becomes void for your account because you're purposely leaving your VM offline knowing that you could bring it online any time with a reboot.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@GVH_Jacob hi jon

Thanked by 2ATHK TriDoxiuM
  • @GVH_Jacob I feel like you're GVH owner.

• @GVH_Jacob said:
    tr1cky Then its highly possible that one of our nodes crashed most likely due to abuse and your container has not booted, causing the downtime you have/are experiencing. If you refuse to submit a ticket, our SLA becomes void for your account because you're purposely leaving your VM offline knowing that you could bring it online any time with a reboot.

Again, blaming a customer...

• Will a mod/admin please come on here and confirm that we are not even in the same side of the country? If so, that would be appreciated, as this is getting plain rediculous.

• @c1bl said:
    GVH_Jacob I feel like you're GVH owner.

No, I am not. I was recently hired just last week. GVH has started hiring managers under Jon to manage different parts of the company as he is becoming increasingly busy with other endeavors.

We have department managers for customer service, tech support, sales/accounting, and abuse, with Jon overseeing the operation. We have several representatives here due to the number of clients that we have here.

Lance can be contacted through [email protected]
    He only participates on the WHT community forum. His username there is "Lance J".

• can we let thins thread sink guys. we all know gvh suk as hell but it's kindda boring bashing them yet bring publicity for John which is exactly what he want

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@GVH_Eric said:
    Will a mod/admin please come on here and confirm that we are not even in the same side of the country? If so, that would be appreciated, as this is getting plain rediculous.

Really, and the way your colleagues acted prior to your ban wasn't ridiculous?

Its not that hard to fake a location, for all we know you could be Tunneling through or using VPN's.

@GVH_Jacob said:
    He only participates on the WHT community forum. His username there is "Lance J".

Do you really think people care about another layer of lies/waffle/aliases? Pull the other one.

@namhuy said:
    can we let thins thread sink guys. we all know gvh suk as hell but it's kindda boring bashing them yet bring publicity for John which is exactly what he want

Then another thread pops up.

What I want to know is why if GVH is banned loads of reps can suddenly come in and carry on posting... @mpkossen whats the stance on this or is it just Jon that is banned and no offer threads?

Thanked by 2Lee Pwner
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

Double Post.

• LeeLee Veteran

No, no no. This is all BS, Jonny is alive and well on LET.

• @wych Only @jnguyen is banned along with offer threads. If you insist on continuing this discussion, I'd be happy to add you to the private message with @mpkossen.

• @wych Maarten has said in a previous thread that we are allowed to have active representatives here. Our company isnt banned, only just Jon and offers posted by us.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@GVH_Eric said:
    wych Only jnguyen is banned along with offer threads. If you insist on continuing this discussion, I'd be happy to add you to the private message with mpkossen.

Right, and no I would rather discuss it in public, thus if anyone else wondered it saves repeating the whole process.

@W1V_Lee said:
    No, no no. This is all BS, Jonny is alive and well on LET.

+1, or all of GVH staff are very impressionable.

@GVH_Jacob said:
    wych Maarten has said in a previous thread that we are allowed to have active representatives here. Our company isnt banned, only just Jon and offers posted by us.

Such a shame.