Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To whomever is DDoSing us... - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To whomever is DDoSing us...

124»

Comments

• zafouhar said: I think its becoming increasingly obvious who is behind these attacks, they've been ongoing for years now

I'm not sure it is. Before the attacks were targeted at specific offers/post, now it's pretty much everyone, so my personal feel is that the current spate of attacks are by someone else.

• @Nekki said:
    I'm not sure it is. Before the attacks were targeted at specific offers/post, now it's pretty much everyone, so my personal feel is that the current spate of attacks are by someone else.

Yeah, its no longer UK providers being targeted, just everyone.

• wych said: Yeah, its no longer UK providers being targeted, just everyone.

Exactly. If the providers could collaborate and put together a timeframe when the indiscriminate attacks began, my suspicion is that it will correlate with a particular event on LET.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • This is not good, providers will be afraid to post offers and leaving let to avoid such situation :(

• ausaus Member

@Nekki said:
    Exactly. If the providers could collaborate and put together a timeframe when the indiscriminate attacks began, my suspicion is that it will correlate with a particular event on LET.

+1

• @Nekki said:

Any providers who want details of my attacks feel free to PM me, However I have basically been getting daily attacks since the last offer thread.

• wych said: Any providers who want details of my attacks feel free to PM me, However I have basically been getting daily attacks since the last offer thread.

So since the September 29th offer? Nothing prior to that?

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@Nekki said:
    So since the September 29th offer? Nothing prior to that?

Few Months ago someone hit our DNS clusters, before that was Jan/Feb when the main site got slammed other than that nothing big enough to trip Anti-DDoS/Mitigation.

• @Nekki said:

Exactly what my point of view is, providers need to co-operate. I am not sure though if there would be any correlations with a particular event on LET and if so which event specifically? DDOS attacks have been occurring for many months, maybe even 1-2 years now on providers posting here; first it seemed the attacks mostly targeted UK hosts now they seem to be targeting everyone which does indeed let me to believe that the person behind the attacks now at least could be someone that is banned from LET/LEB.

• @zafouhar said:
    first it seemed the attacks mostly targeted UK hosts now they seem to be targeting everyone which does indeed let me to believe that the person behind the attacks now at least could be someone that is banned from LET/LEB.

That list is long enough, but I do think a few members here have their own ideas of who it is...

• zafouhar said: I am not sure though if there would be any correlations with a particular event on LET and if so which event specifically?

I'm not going to elaborate further without some correlation on the dates of the start of the new pattern of attacks, as I could be way off base.

Thanked by 2wych tigerpaws
  • @Nekki said:
    I'm not going to elaborate further without some correlation on the dates of the start of the new pattern of attacks, as I could be way off base.

Ditto.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited October 2014

We've been under constant DDoS attack. As I've been out, I haven't been able to deal with it. Guess we pissed them off. We're migrating to CloudFlare right now and plan to roll out DDoS protection in a few weeks, after our new LA rollout is finished.

Edit:
    We're back online now. Just waiting for the CloudFlare SSL to take affect.

• @Steven_F said:
    We've been under constant DDoS attack. As I've been out, I haven't been able to deal with it. Guess we pissed them off. We're migrating to CloudFlare right now and plan to roll out DDoS protection in a few weeks, after our new LA rollout is finished.

Edit:
    We're back online now. Just waiting for the CloudFlare SSL to take affect.

Did you consider what I wrote to you? It can help you to not get thrown out of CloudFlare if you get a big layer 7 attack.

• We're taking precautions to make sure our site is available. I'd love to roll out DDOS protection today, but we're working on other, bigger things.

• @linuxthefish said:
    This helps a lot!

Yeah, we've already set the CF swttings to be pretty strict.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Someone wants CC out of here

• El ChupaCabra?

Thanked by 2gunhoeyah ElChile