Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To whomever is DDoSing us... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To whomever is DDoSing us...

Comments

• I was expecting replies like

User A: I am DDoSing you

User B: I am DDoSing you

User C: I am DDoSing you

User D: I am DDoSing you

etc

LET, you're no fun.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • @Blanoz said:
    I was expecting replies like

etc

LET, you're no fun.

Lol :D

• Blanoz said: I was expecting replies like

etc

LET, you're no fun.

In all fairness, it would probably be taken seriously if someone did joke about it.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited October 2014

@kcaj said:
    They don't.

2 hdds soft raid was possible
    https://web.archive.org/web/20140207081506/http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@coolice said:

Yes and a year before that it was standard, again right now no offers have RAID by default.

• Last time I saw offers with 2 hdds was on April, I do not check their site very often...

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited October 2014

said: I'm this close to including DDoS protection on every VPS, at no price increase.

This should be included by default now anyway with the now persistent threat of DDoS/DoS / little kids with it being so easy to do /buy. This is why DDoS/DoS has increased over 300% in the past 5 years.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MonsteR said:
    This should be included by default now anyway with the now persistent threat of DDoS/DoS / little kids with it being so easy to do /buy. This is why DDoS/DoS has increased over 300% in the past 5 years.

So we erase all the little ISPs from the market then? DDoS attacks are expensive to mitigate and there are many regions where this is simply impossible.

Thanked by 2Cakey vRozenSch00n
  • MonsteR said: This should be included by default now anyway with the now persistent threat of DDoS/DoS / little kids with it being so easy to do /buy.

I don't agree. How many people use their VPS for personal projects that never attract anyone's attention? I for one wouldn't want the additional cost passed to me for a service I'd never use.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited October 2014

@Nyr said:
    So we erase all the little ISPs from the market then? DDoS attacks are expensive to mitigate and there are many regions where this is simply impossible.
    @Nekki said:
    I don't agree. How many people use their VPS for personal projects that never attract anyone's attention? I for one wouldn't want the additional cost passed to me for a service I'd never use.

Within development and personal use is fine, But in general Gameservers, Sites, Commercial services, VPNs and more then %60-70 of use. So im not saying only big company's should have protection but in general as the services of protection is getting more needed the prices are coming down. I'm not saying all company's and providers should but the locations he currently has in his sig Piscataway, New Jersey - Buffalo, New York - Dallas, Texas - Los Angeles, California
    All are key and available protection. LA is where we are based, NJ has choopa which can offer protection and Dallas im sure their are solutions.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2014

concerto49 said: Everyone's been getting attacked. Just don't make news from it.

not the case. some have better protection than others it appears.

• @Nekki said:

Yes. It shouldn't be necessary, but unfortunately, it is for an increasing number of people. I never imagined needing it a year back, but now I do need it for my own website to stay online.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • mpkossen said: Yes. It shouldn't be necessary, but unfortunately, it is for an increasing number of people. I never imagined needing it a year back, but now I do need it for my own website to stay online.

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I've never had a single service DDoS'ed.

If the DDoS attacks are as common for others as it seems to be suggested here, I'd have no issue with providers offering DDoS as standard, but with a reduction in cost if the customer signs a waiver that they agree for an attacked IP to be automatically null routed for 24/48 hours at no notice.

• I am Spartacus.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • MunMun Member

@Nekki said:
    If the DDoS attacks are as common for others as it seems to be suggested here, I'd have no issue with providers offering DDoS as standard, but with a reduction in cost if the customer signs a waiver that they agree for an attacked IP to be automatically null routed for 24/48 hours at no notice.

Quickly buy a service at BoltVM.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Mun said:
    Quickly buy a service at BoltVM.

Not sure if you mean so he can be DDoSed or so he can get free protection...

• @Steven_F said:
    Not sure if you mean so he can be DDoSed or so he can get free protection...

Don't worry, I'm not buying anything anyway.

• @Nekki said:

Good.

• @Steven_F said:
    Good.

Great.

• @Nekki said:
    Great.

Awesome.

• The two of you get a room or something?

• @rds100 said:
    The two of you get a room or something?

I think we were done about 5 minutes ago, but thanks for the concern,

Thanked by 2netomx tigerpaws
  • Still down huh, I guess this thread really fuelled the fire and some.

• Looks like a Layer7 Attack , Give your http server a good configuration to block it.

PS: Datacenter's DDoS Protection can't block such attack.

• Site is online for me, allthough nothing has been done to prevent further attacks, still using linode.

@Nixcraft said:
    Looks like a Layer7 Attack , Give your http server a good configuration to block it.

PS: Datacenter's DDoS Protection can't block such attack.

Are you Nixcraft from http://www.cyberciti.biz ?

• @tr1cky said:
    Are you Nixcraft from http://www.cyberciti.biz ?

Nope.

• @Nekki said:
    Great.
    @Steven_F said:
    Awesome

Perfect.

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2014

So is anyone running a book on who is behind the majority of these DDOS attacks?

7/2 Competition/Business
    2/6 Kids in their mother's basement

• @ricardo said:
    So is anyone running a book on who is behind the majority of these DDOS attacks?

7/2 Competition/Business
    2/6 Kids in their mother's basement

I think its becoming increasingly obvious who is behind these attacks, they've been ongoing for years now

• @zafouhar said:
    I think its becoming increasingly obvious who is behind these attacks, they've been ongoing for years now

Go on..