Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To whomever is DDoSing us... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To whomever is DDoSing us...

Comments

• MunMun Member

@incloudibly said:
    Mun that's what she said. You serious?

Yes, you come here acting all high and mighty to try and be smart. Evidentally you don't realize how annoying it is to be DDOS'd and how damaging they can become. His customers are being hurt, and he is asking for them in an open letter on a forum for them to come forward and to have something resolved.

So, no it isn't an ad.

• Lol is the attacker seriously just DDoSsing with 1 Gbit/s? The way people are complaining about it I thought there were 30-40 Gbit/s or larger DDoSs for several hours

• incloudiblyincloudibly Member
    edited October 2014

@Mun This thread is a joke even though it describes a serious issue of a given provider. Should I elaborate on this or you have enough common sense to understand it yourself? If I were you I would pay some more attention to the wording.

• MunMun Member

Most likely the IP was nulled, and I have been hit with a 21+Gbps attack back a few years ago before NTP attacks. Wasn't fun having to move all my stuff.

• gsrdgrdghd said: Lol is the attacker seriously just DDoSsing with 1 Gbit/s? The way people are complaining about it I thought there were 30-40 Gbit/s or larger DDoSs for several hours

Linode null for anything.

• If you can't deal with DDoS just quit posting any offers like @serverian did.

• MunMun Member

@incloudibly said:
    Mun This thread is a joke even though it describes a serious issue of a given provider. Should I elaborate on this or you have enough common sense to understand it yourself? If I were you I would pay some more attention to the wording.

Yes, I noticed, it still isn't an ad though. Not to mention this has been happening a lot, and LET should begin looking into this. There is a serious scammer among us whom attacks other providers to try and cause clients to move to their service instead.

• @Mun said:
    Yes, I noticed, it still isn't an ad though. Not to mention this has been happening a lot, and LET should begin looking into this. There is a serious scammer among us whom attacks other providers to try and cause clients to move to their service instead.

Watch it be Ch1cag0VPS and crew :P

• Corey said: Watch it be Ch1cag0VPS and crew :P

Maybe there is a trend with having a 1 in your name and launching DDoS attacks ;)

Thanked by 1Corey
  • @Mun said:
    Suddenly you are rewarding the DDOS'er(s) and me as well, so it is in my advantage to root for the DDOS'er(s)?
    @Jar said:
    I set my phone to ping the website nonstop. Doing my part to help us all get free DDOS protection!

(Joke)

I hate you two...

Thanked by 1jar
  • MunMun Member

@Steven_F said:

Don't hate, love us for wanting free DDOS protection :)

• Everyone's been getting attacked. Just don't make news from it.

• @concerto49 said:
    Everyone's been getting attacked. Just don't make news from it.

This.

• @Steven_F said:
    To whomever is DDoSing the BoltVM website:

If you're a client (unlikely), please open a ticket and we can resolve this problem.

However, I believe this is more likely:

If you're trying to run us out of competition, you're doing an awful job. I'm this close to including DDoS protection on every VPS, at no price increase. I'm pretty sure that would be the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish here.

I am going to be honest here... if all providers were to co-operate regarding these DDOS attacks the Hosting Company performing the DDOS attacks would already have been found. Everyone just needs to co-operate, put all details and information together to get the bigger picture.

Its obvious that the people who are behind the DDOS attacks are either a company blocked from advertising here at LEB/LET or the company that wants to be #winning...

Thanked by 1ehab
  • I'm willing to wait until I can get through and order from Bolt just to piss of whomever is ruining it for everyone (can't have nice things etc.) I'm not saying feed the troll or plugging a host, just pissed I can't order.

• @cutech said:
    I'm willing to wait until I can get through and order from Bolt just to piss of whomever is ruining it for everyone (can't have nice things etc.) I'm not saying feed the troll or plugging a host, just pissed I can't order.

I'm pissed that you can't order, too!

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014

Is the DDoS attack affecting your VPS customers? If not, why not just order a DDoS protected server for your website? (ex: Kimsufi)

• @GreenHostBox said:
    Is the DDoS attack affecting your VPS customers? If not, why not just order a DDoS protected server for your website? (ex: Kimsufi)

It is not, but it's still annoying. We'll probably move to Kimsufi and CloudFlare in the next few days.

• chaufferchauffer Member
    edited October 2014

Steven_F said: We'll probably move to Kimsufi and CloudFlare in the next few days.

Disregarding the number of flaws Kimsufi has for live environments, not even RAID for your production servers?

• OVH VPS got same protection

PS Kimsufi got raid servers several months ago

• @coolice said:
    PS Kimsufi got raid servers several months ago

They don't.

• coolice said: PS Kimsufi got raid servers several months ago

Where? http://www.kimsufi.com/en/

• @Spencer said:

Yeah, doesn't show

• It's not an ad anymore.

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    It's not an ad anymore.

Yeah, cheers :D

Pokes your nose in amusement.

• Oh …

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

said: To whomever is DDoSing

will the real slim shady please stand up

I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here..

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner ElChile
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

It sucks to be attacked by competitors, we see it alot after posting on LET. Its one of the reasons I don't do offers here any more.

If you need help resolving the attack, shoot me a ticket. Ill see what I can do.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited October 2014

Why bother ddos attacter when people have power with high speed net and + many ips could be Vpses. What makes you think they should not ddos attact when they want it.