Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes on INIZ direction? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes on INIZ direction?

1235»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@dragon1993 Did you submit a ticket?

• @trewq said:
    dragon1993 Did you submit a ticket?

Yes and now fixed.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Any updates on the whole Iniz thing? My contract is up in Dec. and wondering if it'd be wise to jump ship.

Any good Ramnode deals?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • frankfrank Member
    edited November 2014

@kerouac said:
    Also another option if this is an UK Ltd is that under a certain tax level, you needn't file > (if I'm not mistaken)

You are. Ltd's are cheap to create in the UK, but all have to have their accounts filed every year (although there can be a delay of 9 months after the date) and normally have to have their books audited / an accountant sign them off, although that's not mandatory.

As to Iniz, had a server with them a while back (like many people) and glad in hind-site I terminated it early this year before all this started, as this seems a bad way for a great host to go.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2014

@dragon1993 said:
    Yes and now fixed.

You at least have someone to pick up the ticket and responding to it, that's better than me :)

I remembered when I first signed up with these guys Patrick was able to handle things quickly and efficiently, looks like that is no longer the case.

I am cancelling both of my VPS with them at the end of the billing period, figured even if I cancel now my request for partial refund (even if they do offer one) will most likely go without being responded.

johhhn said: Any updates on the whole Iniz thing? My contract is up in Dec. and wondering if it'd be wise to jump ship.

Any good Ramnode deals?

I would jump, Ramnode has a one time 5USD coupon, currently listed on the front page of LEB.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

WOWSSD5 = $5 credit with new VPS :)

• @zhuanyi said:
    I would jump, Ramnode has a one time 5USD coupon, currently listed on the front page of LEB.

Iniz services sometimes there are problems, but much cheaper than the ramnode. Iniz 1GB Ram 1TB BW 50GB HDD ~27$.

• Hello xxx,

We are proud to announce that Zeniva Limited has completed the acquisition INIZ and all subsidiary businesses. As a client of INIZ, you are receiving this email to inform and give a overview on the future of the company. In short, we have no plans to change the INIZ brand in any way, shape, or form. The companies objectives and goals previously set out by the previous owner, Patrick will remain the same which is to provide high quality of service and resources at low costs. Below we will outline common questions to remove any doubt or worries you may have.

Plans & Pricing
    We have no plans to change the plans or pricing at this moment, we certainly have no plans to move clients on to higher plans. All existing clients will remain paying the current price for the allocated resources they already have. As the model is sensible in a business perspective we have no plans to change the current plans on either INIZ or it's sub-brand for high RAM.

Location Availability & Hardware
    Further to above, we have no immediate plans to change any of the locations or datacentres currently in utilisation. As long as they continue to provide the quality of service they have till date, we have no plans for change at all. We will continue to purchase similar hardware that has been in production with INIZ which includes latest generation server grade hardware for growth and expansions.

Support/Ticket Response Times
    After a review of the current response times to tickets, we believe this is currently not satisfactory. We are looking to hire new staff in Sales & Support in immediate effect to ensure clients receive responses and resolutions in a timely manner that is satisfactory both to you and us.

Patrick Hayward
    It appears many of the clients are accustomed by the previous owner Patrick Hayward, we see many tickets directed immediately to him in a friendly tone. As such for the upcoming months, Patrick will continue to play an important role in the way we shape up INIZ. For the next couple of months, he will remain with us to ensure a smooth transition and has been appointed as head of sales/support, or known with the fancy title as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to manage the new staff and continue leading promotions.

Should you remain to have any questions or feedback, please contact us directly through the INIZ helpdesk by emailing [email protected].

Zeniva Limited

• I haven't got this yet ^

• I didn't receive it too.

• I received it this morning.

• Who is Zeniva? You'd think they would post their actual name. sigh.

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited November 2014

@johhhn said:
    Who is Zeniva? You'd think they would post their actual name. sigh.

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/09243303/zeniva-limited

• @dragon1993 said:
    Iniz services sometimes there are problems, but much cheaper than the ramnode. Iniz 1GB Ram 1TB BW 50GB HDD ~27$.

ya, you pay what u get.

• arggh. doesn't give me much confidence!

looking forward to find some good deals next fri!

• Oh would you look at that, straight into the junk folder.. nice..

• Company running by a 19 year old....sure that works well...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2014

I received my 1st email about this today. Kind of funny ending ...

`On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 18:21:33 +0000, INIZ wrote

Dear Frank,

>

Zeniva Limited

Zeniva Limited is a UK limited company registered in England & Wales
    (09243303). VAT GB199956224.

I can't disclose the email due to the below ;p

>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
    information and is intended only for the use of the intended
    recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination,
    distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on
    the information herein is prohibited.
    `

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2014

Now i get charged 20% VAT dang it, @FrankZ That just a joke, there is no real law at least here that says its forbidden to share it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Yeah, these disclaimers are not worth anything. One can argue that by using regular email as an intermediary, the sender already waived his rights to keep the information contained in it confidential.

But sure adding it to a support email must have sounded very professional in the ears of a 19 year old. ;)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited December 2014

It seems their interpretation of the new EU VAT rules is wrong. They should charge a VAT rate according to where the customer is or operates, INIZ has stated they're to charge at the UK rate of 20%.

• It's still 20%, new rules apply from 2015

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited December 2014

nm, you're right. strange that they state something about UK VAT for the 3 weeks until New Year.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2014

@ricardo said:
    nm, you're right. strange that they state something about UK VAT for the 3 weeks until New Year.

HMRC take several days to process any requests so I can only assume they're planning ahead for the deadline on 1st jan

Previously had several tax letters take 1-2 weeks to arrive though this could be different for those who manage the VAT area

Their is no specific user agreement or something private in the email and its fine to post as same as acquisition email I guess they're using a template format for all announcement emails

• @Patrick I really don't like the "transfer". I would like to stick w/ you but since you sold iniz I'm just waiting for my vps expire so I can move :(

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2014

@namhuy said:
    Patrick I really don't like the "transfer". I would like to stick w/ you but since you sold iniz I'm just waiting for my vps expire so I can move :(

No problem, I appreciate everyone who signed up because of me and helped shape INIZ. I'm not around anymore, first time I've logged in weeks as I'm really busy with new things offline sadly

All the best