Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes on INIZ direction? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes on INIZ direction?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

@INIZ - Congrats on the promotion.

• Congrats Patrick!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Congrats on the promotion Patrick! INIZ still has my support, I see no reason for concern about this. Should one present itself, that would of course be a new conversation.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

Best of luck Patrick, GZ on the promotion.

I am counting this is the first "Fuck this shit I'm out" victim of the 2015 EU VAT Changes :)

• I am still confused about the age of Mr. Krish Tank, even though it doesn't matter much t me.o

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/08199520/web-phase-limited shows his DoB as July 1991, assuming its the same person.

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

It's Cold out.

• Can I contact you @INIZ, or submit a ticket, to have my service cancelled and my entire account deleted (along with my personal details)?

This is nothing against you, quite the opposite.

• @k0nsl said:
    Can I contact you INIZ, or submit a ticket, to have my service cancelled and my entire account deleted (along with my personal details)?

But extreme don't you think?

• Other than this thread, has there been an email to existing customers about the (upcoming) change or an announcement in the client area?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2014

k0nsl said: Can I contact you @INIZ, or submit a ticket, to have my service cancelled and my entire account deleted (along with my personal details)?

I've sent you a PM, lets see if I/we clear any concerns you may have.

@connercg said:
    Other than this thread, has there been an email to existing customers about the (upcoming) change or an announcement in the client area?

Not yet until it is completely finalised and completed.

Thanked by 1connercg
  • Congrats on promotion. Best of luck to you.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • Nope. I'm not interested in the service any longer, plus I don't use it much anyway. I signed up there because of INIZ current reputation and am not interested in finding out (on my own) what the consequences will be after this.

I'd call it being extremely cautious and I'm a cautious guy :)

@ATHK said:
    But extreme don't you think?

• Good to see you moving on up Patrick.
    Thank you for the last year+ of great service.
    It was you that made @INIZ special, so I can understand @k0nsl reasoning.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @INIZ

Congratulations. One another note, will services continue as is and renewal prices honored? Or will there be changes since its a new company?

• k0nsl said: Can I contact you @INIZ, or submit a ticket, to have my service cancelled and my entire account deleted (along with my personal details)?

While they might agree to delete your information from WHMCS (which i doubt, since they probably have legal obligation to keep it, for accounting purposes), i am sure they also have regular database backups where your details also exist. Do you expect someone to go screwing the database backups too?

• Congratulations on the promotion!

• Another piece of discussion on this same topic in a going on another forum

• k0nsl said: Can I contact you @INIZ, or submit a ticket, to have my service cancelled and my entire account deleted (along with my personal details)?

In the future keep in mind that you enter a contractual relationship with the company and in this case, not Patrick personally.

• @programer said:

Another piece of discussion on this same topic in a going on another forum

:-/

• @kcaj said:
    In the future keep in mind that you enter a contractual relationship with the company and in this case, not Patrick personally.

They company he had a contract with was Web Phase Limited. While the brand, services, etc. is transferred to Zeniva Limited, maybe he could request that his information and services to not be transferred over?

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited October 2014

So long and thank you for all the fish. It was a real pleasure having services with @INIZ - I was able to put to shame other providers with your example of swiss army knife management. Time to test others, eg Vultr/Crissic/iWstack/Ramnode. On the other hand, I am really happy you got promoted. Good luck!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • 8420PR8420PR Member
    edited October 2014

@bizzard said:
    I am still confused about the age of Mr. Krish Tank, even though it doesn't matter much t me.o

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/08199520/web-phase-limited shows his DoB as July 1991, assuming its the same person.

Yes it's curious.

Additionally, the whole thing about creating a new company could be interpreted as a clear sign of tax/business fraud, as it is normally . Lots more anomalys with the non-trading status and director status of the old company. But hey, while iniz may be a large VPS provider here, they are likely a very small company and understandable they cannot afford decent advice and make mistakes. They are definitely not alone in both LEB companies and micro companies in general in making these mistakes.

• @8420PR said:
    Additionally, the whole thing about creating a new company could be interpreted as a clear sign of tax/business fraud, as it is normally .

So this new company creation is to evade tax? and Iniz team only will operate this company?

• I guess for those who are concerned it might be interesting to know if there really is a 19-year old involved, how he is involved (his position in the organisation) and what type of legal entity @Iniz now is/will be after the transaction.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

It is a bit odd that their accounts filed in 2013 show the company as "dormant". This is only for companies that have no significant transactions, will be interesting to see how that has changed with the recent filing. Kind of suggests no money has been going through that LTD.

That company has probably never been used.

• @alessio said:
    I guess for those who are concerned it might be interesting to know if there really is a 19-year old involved,

Now this .. May be a reason to ask for a refund...

• I've seen much larger companies with strange or dodgy billing / tax practices, so it wouldn't surprise me if they avoided paying taxes.

• 8420PR8420PR Member
    edited October 2014

@programer said:

Just to clarify, there is no actual evidence of fraud/tax evasion here - it just looks similiar. The process is create a new company, transfer good assets (e.g. customers) to the new company and leave the debts (e.g. normally tax liabilities, payments to suppliers) in the old company which is then dissolved.

Personally, based on the evidence available, I reckon the accountant looked at the original company (false age of director provided & trading through dormant company) and decided a new company with a clean start was the best path forward.

• @8420PR said:

Great, can any person from Iniz can reply to this thread about what really is going on....

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

for fucks sake people.... why is it every time a company gets sold it turns in to a god damn mob looking to make shit stick?

hahaha, its just insane.

Company was sold, it is completely legal and fairly standard to simply set up a new LTD if it is not being absorbed in to an existing infrastructure and honestly... it literally takes 15 minutes so why would you want to bother with anything that could come out of the wood work later (up to 7 years later) when you can mitigate any risk for £30 and 15 minutes.

What will be will be, if it did not interest you enough to dig in to it before hand this really is not a good reason to decide that Patrick is the new amazon of tax evasion which he probably isn't just an opportunity to shit stir I guess which is hard to resist on a forum I guess.

edit: just reread my rant, just to be clear I was laughing to myself a bit as I typed it, I really do think people are making a big fuss over nothing, perhaps I should have just said that.