Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes on INIZ direction? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes on INIZ direction?

Comments

• k0nsl said: I'd rather be taught by a 'holocaust denier' than a holocaust believer ;)

Wait... Is that blog post for real?

• Holocaust-denial has been his gimmick for awhile.

We all gotta have hobbies, I suppose

• What about Ebola-denial in the US now? Ahh crap. Let us not speak of that either. How about we get back on topic? Good plan? OK? Ahh ha. Back on track Jack!

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited October 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

From what i heard everyone is leaving from everywhere and all Companies that ever had a mention on LEB are secretly being bought by ColoCrossing.

I've already cancelled everything and instead i have made a tuna and egg sandwich.

Thanked by 3Zen GIANT_CRAB jamson
  • zafouhar said: I've already cancelled everything and instead i have made a tuna and egg sandwich.

Never knew that these servers were so tasty.

• Is Virpus also sold to a company called as Wow Technologies ore renamed under a new banner with same team under the leadership of Virpus Ken...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

@texteditor said:
    Holocaust-denial has been his gimmick for awhile.

We all gotta have hobbies, I suppose

Well, that 'gimmick' is a criminal offence over here in Germany. And not only here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial#Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

Strange hobby... :-/ What country are you from, k0nsl?

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2014

Gentlemen, please stick with the topic.

(It's easier to stop it here than dealing with frustrations and anger because thread cleaning later, so lets play it nice and for all the rest there's still http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4319/the-cest-pit#latest )

Thanked by 1alessio
  • Spirit said: Gentlemen, please stick with the topic.

(It's easeir to stop it here than dealing with your frustrations and anger because thread cleaning later, so lets play it nice and for all the rest there's still http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4319/the-cest-pit#latest )

Funny how you only get touchy like this when this same criticism of k0nsl comes up...

• @texteditor said:
    Funny how you only get touchy like this when this same criticism of k0nsl comes up...

It is simply offtopic. The thread is about the acquisition of iniz.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2014

texteditor said: Funny how you only get touchy...

It's actually you and your insultive tone connected with your random and often offtopic personally related attacks what's usually problem here, but enough about that. If you have something to say to me personally, use PM please.
    Every offtopic post from now on will be removed.

Update
    Insultive personal related attacks following this post removed.

• Can any one from Iniz replies to all this and make this thread as closed?

• Okay guys enough is enough this is not going anywhere and only will cause more and more drama over something that no one can control. The deal has been made for good or ill. @INIZ (Patrick) knows what he is doing.

You have trusted him thus far, it should not be much of stretch to trust him for a bit longer. Just let things play out as they will. He believes he has done the right thing for you as clients and for the business.

He can not say what will happen a year from now, nor can anyone else. Time is the only thing that will tell anyone what that will bring to the table. I say give it a go and let the new people have a chance. They might be good they might be bad who knows, but you will never find out if you keep this up and every one jumps ship and ruins the business now.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Guys :/

• MarkTurner said: Really the only dubious issue is the Data Protection Act violation. A customer database was sold and the proper notifications were not made from what I can tell

What course of action would you personally take if you were wronged by a situation like this? After the whole SZ1 fiasco, I don't trust anybody with my personal information, especially somebody who is unknown to the community. It upsets me that I wasn't informed as now some random entity has my information; I don't feel it's unfair to expect this right.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2014

I am an INIZ client for a while now and I am pretty happy with their services. They have their ups and downs, but Patric was most of the times that I had to deal with him, quick and helpful. Besides that, I think that the new owners have to appear here or/and their clients with a statement about the change of the ownership of the company and if there are any changes in TOS/AUP, services, prices, locations, specs etc.

I think every company that is being bought by a new owner has to make things clear to their clients and to the places/communities that are getting clients from.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Mmmh, I just got reminded that my year with INIZ is almost over.
    I'm conflicted on what to do, I have a openVZ 2GB, 2TB account in NL with them.

Up to now everything was ok. But will it hold with the new owner...
    Up to now I have not seen an official statement about the sale of INIZ in my mailbox as a client.

So maybe I will pack my bags and go.. But where to. ?

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

henkb said: So maybe I will pack my bags and go.. But where to. ?

sadly my contract won't end until april next year, I have ramnode, digitalocean and vultr in my mind.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • good that my contract runs out and i start my own provider...

• Any good provider in Europe? The closer to Holland the better (for me).

• @henkb said:
    Any good provider in Europe? The closer to Holland the better (for me).

edis.at I'd say

@William

• @henkb - what are the specs you are looking for?

• @MarkTurner: Currently 2GB RAM + vSwap, 2TB Traffic, 100GB disk

• Any provider in Netherlands/ Holland for providing less than $9 VPS?

• They now tried to charge my contract one week before date on panel, thats strange, beware!!

• @xyl0n said:
    They now tried to charge my contract one week before date on panel, thats strange, beware!!

If you set a subscription up its done by default when the invoice is raised rather than the due date and at a guess they generate 7 days before due.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2014

xyl0n said: hey now tried to charge my contract one week before date on panel, thats strange, beware!!

Sure, why don't we charge credit card (recurring) payments on the due date and when it fails for one reason or another and leads to suspension of service we get flying kicks. Or we can charge earlier upon invoice generation, giving clients the 7 days till due date to resolve the issue or update their card. This has been here since Stripe was introduced for a ~2 years.

https://support.iniz.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2/1/how-does-recurring-credit-card-payments-work

Back to thread; With the NY issue recently this has pushed backed things but i'll be slowly phasing out slowly.

• @xyl0n said:
    They now tried to charge my contract one week before date on panel, thats strange, beware!!

That's just general practice.. Patrick explain it perfectly..

• About the old (original) Ltd for INIZ being dormant, it's weird to me that everybody is amused by the fact. I'm not well informed on the particular case of INIZ, if it's a UK or US LLC, but both are commonly used for tax evasion purposes where the company has a bank account outside the domicile and foreign income is not processed through the company. Also another option if this is an UK Ltd is that under a certain tax level, you needn't file (if I'm not mistaken). If you're not running a multimillion dollar crime ring through your shitty LLC, your £/$ xxx,xxx income per year won't amount to much attention in the tax authorities' eyes, especially with foreign business involved. A number of people I know who operate in areas unrelated to the internet market (they mostly operate in international trade and logistics) use UK/US LLCs for such purposes.

So maybe they didn't file properly who cares?

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited November 2014

SLOW

root@vps:~# ioping / -c 10
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=1 time=24.5 ms
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=2 time=50 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=3 time=66 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=4 time=54 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=5 time=5.7 ms
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=6 time=63 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=7 time=16.5 ms
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/6765): request=8 time=5.2 ms