Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes on INIZ direction? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes on INIZ direction?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

The thing is, look back at the previous sales/transfers of other hosts and how they went. Is it any surprise some will be a bit suspicious?

Not saying there is anything here nor does it look that way. The Dormant Web Phase suggests it was setup but nothing was traded through it. Nothing wrong with that providing it was not being listed on the site etc..

• Thanked by 1ginner159
  • AnthonySmith said: for fucks sake people.... why is it every time a company gets sold it turns in to a god damn mob looking to make shit stick?

Well, if an established provider gets suddenly transferred to a sole owner who has been able to run such an entity legally only for a couple of months I'd say it is understandable that people raise such concerns.

• Really the only dubious issue is the Data Protection Act violation. A customer database was sold and the proper notifications were not made from what I can tell

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Really the only dubious issue is the Data Protection Act violation. A customer database was sold and the proper notifications were not made from what I can tell

Correct, no email from them in my I box..

• Well, as a customer I would have appreciated a heads up, before having to read about change of hands, in a forum. I'd been satisfied with the service from INIZ over the past three renewals, but I will now start looking for a stable provider to host my data.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

the lol levels in this thread are to damn high :)

Businesses get sold all day, they dont announce it first they tell you after, the one and only way to avoid this happening to a business you interact with is not to buy anything.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

@anthonysmith – but that is what they did, announce it and tell people after, or in actual fact announce it and not tell anyone. It only came to light here because someone saw the company change on their invoice, ok it’s not an announcement but its still a significant change that any decent provider would communicate out. In this case Patrick would know it would have a reaction and it would need to be handled.

It’s not the right way to do things really is it?

People can’t be wrong for being concerned about their data or future change to a company they trust.

And in addition to the above, people around here often buy based on the person behind the service rather the service itself.

Thanked by 3k0nsl Droidzone Mark_R
    edited October 2014

W1V_Lee said: It’s not the right way to do things really is it?

Maybe not but no one has any idea what is going on behind the scenes, an official announcement may have been due next week, in fact I think I read that that was in fact the case, there is no requirement for them to do it at all but either way it is not the sort of thing you make a 0day publication about :)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2014

AnthonySmith said: an official announcement may have been due next week, in fact I think I read that that was in fact the case

Indeed, there are still things which need to be transferred over from third parties we use to service our business. Some require additional documents whilst others are straight forward account transfers. New contracts need to be signed etc.

I do think a short email letting clients know of potential change of ownership would have prevented this fiasco in here where people are throwing accusations and such around the corners everywhere. I know HMRC like to attack smaller businesses if you don't pay taxes so I wouldn't even attempt to go that route. Big businesses simply get a slap on the wrist and bad publicity/small fines whilst there's potential jail time for smaller business owners.

No data protection act has been violated or not followed, if you sell information you must inform the clients as soon as it's practical to do so. Ie. when the sale has been completed.

I understand if clients wish to leave, you may submit ticket to raise any concerns where you will get a reply accordingly. It's nevertheless great to see clients proud of the service I delivered during my time and i'd love to see the business grow and strongly believe it will do so and surely is sad to see clients leave. As far as I know there are no planned price increases (except MOSS/VAT) or anything strange of which you should be scared about.

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited October 2014

@INIZ - You must have received a really really big promotion to be able to sell off over $200,000+ worth of IP's

Something definitely smells fishy here...I guess we shall all wait and see what happens.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2014

Toadyus said: @INIZ - You must have received really really a big promotion to be able to sell off over $200,000+ worth of IP's

You must be reading VPSB too much, I've never had a issue with what I earn (let's say I have been fortunate for most of my later life). I just earn quite a bit more now and get to travel abroad every few months. I'd rather work and see new things than sit at home all day. I value life based on things I do and not the monetary value. Same way I could have sold INIZ to a larger corporation who buys out hosts but I feel that wasn't the right decision for the clients. I'm pretty sure I would have lost interest one day and everything would slow down even more. Now it'll be in someones hand who can continue grow INIZ and uphold the reputation it has.

The cost of IPs will continue to rise for ARIN, even if they rise by $1-3/ip/year that is significant amount of return of investment already if one wishes to sell unused space later.

Thanked by 2JahAGR ihatetonyy
  • Well said.

Anyway, It's nice to hear things are / have been working out for you. The service has been spectacular till now. We'll see how it goes on from here.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    there is no requirement for them to do it at all but either way it is not the sort of thing you make a 0day publication about :)

I know what you are saying and I agree, here is what I am really saying though.

Inceptionhosting.com is s**d!

Buyvm.net is s**d!

Iniz.net is s**d!

Ramnode.com is s**d!

Many people see those above and are not really too concerned about it as long as everything continues as it has. Now take >

Anthony is leaving Inception

Fran is leaving Buyvm

Patrick is leaving Iniz

Nick is leaving Ramnode

The powerful message is in actual fact the second one for a lot of people who follow/participate in LET.

The popular hosts around here are not faceless like Linode, DO and so on, they have someone that is the brand and it's image, not a logo or website.

And that is why you get the reactions like this when there is a sale. People don't buy from buyvm, they buy from Fran, they buy from Nick not Ramnode. Because it's the person that they have come to respect that has made them buy as much as reviews or polls.

In the examples above the brand represents the person, the person does not represent the brand if that makes sense.

So if any of the above get sold it raises concerns as it's the brand that is leaving and of course people then get worried.

When a sale happens it needs to be managed carefully rather than someone stumble upon it.

fair enough, I think the bottom line is, there is no easy way and there is no 1 way will make everyone happy, so it is just one of those things you need to suck up and get over quickly, if it turns to shit .. move.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    fair enough, I think the bottom line is, there is no easy way and there is no 1 way will make everyone happy, so it is just one of those things you need to suck up and get over quickly, if it turns to shit .. move.

Well said. Although... I generally recommend to move before something turns to shit. ;)

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Is Nick leaving Ramnode? Where is the announcement?

• Please take a course in understanding the written word in whatever language you're having issues with. In this case it appears to be English.

Nobody has said Nick is leaving RamNode.

What we had earlier was hypothesis:

• a : an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument

Hope that clears it up, a little.

@programer said:
    Is Nick leaving Ramnode? Where is the announcement?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This thread is now about how Nick is leaving RamNode. Fran is also leaving BuyVM if no one caught that. I think someone mentioned every single LEB company being bought by ColoCrossing.

I dropped a troll bomb. Taking bets with myself on how many people don't even read this part of my post...

• Sad news about Nick leaving RamNode if it's true

Thanked by 2jar Mark_R
  • Should I leave as well?

• @serverian said:
    Should I leave as well?

Yes, I have no idea why you were at RamNode in the first place

• programerprogramer Member
    edited October 2014

@k0nsl : why dont you teach?> Hope you have lot of time...
    To all: Its my mistake, wrongly understood and worried since we are thinking of buying a VPS from Ramnode just tomorrow.

• W1V_Lee said: And that is why you get the reactions like this when there is a sale. People don't buy from buyvm, they buy from Fran, they buy from Nick not Ramnode. Because it's the person that they have come to respect that has made them buy as much as reviews or polls.

That's the real reason. It's all about trust and respect (even when once in a while there's a network glitch :P or someone in the DC tripped over a dangling cable)

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited October 2014

I got very little time for teaching, plus I would probably be a terrible teacher: just watch shitty American or British TV-shows - but don't absorb their useless subliminal junk messages, or you might end up semi-braindead. That's how I began learning English when I was a very young kid. After that: school, followed with reading books. Many, many books. I'm not claiming to be a "great writer" or that I understand everything (well, if it's in English I probably do), but I do know how to read and understand a post that is only 1247 characters in length ^^

As I wrote elsewhere: I read Pío Baroja for style. Actually, Baroja was, and is, the single greatest influence on my writing style.
    Hemingway visited him on his death bed, and delivered some great speech of praise, and all Baroja ever said, was "caramba".
    Can you imagine that? That was typical of his writing style. It's got a sting in the tail, like a whip. Very simple writing style, not very Spanish, but of course he was Basque.

@programer said:
    k0nsl : why dont you teach?> Hope you have lot of time...
    To all: Its my mistake, wrongly understood and worried since we are thinking of buying a VPS from Ramnode just tomorrow.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited October 2014

@k0nsl said:
    I got very little time for teaching,

And who do you think would want to be tought by a Holocaust denier (or worse)? But you are good for entertainment, I give you that.

• I'd rather be taught by a 'holocaust denier' than a holocaust believer ;)

But, that's for the cesspit, no? It's no secret that I don't have much belief in that story. No need to drag it into ‘Providers’-section. You can rave all you like about this in off topic sections, I think.

As for me, I don't even talk about it on this forum as it doesn't interest me very much. I'm here for other reasons, not to discuss that.

@zeitgeist said:
    And who do you think would want to be tought by a Holocaust denier? But you are good for entertainment, I give you that.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited October 2014

k0nsl said: No need to drag it into ‘Providers’-section. You can rave all you like about this in off topic sections, I think.

The only person dragging off-topic into this section is you bragging about your skills in English and asking others who are not up to your lofty level to take language courses.

• Eh, a very popular song comes to mind... Another One Bites the Dust by Queen... Lol

• Wait, that may have came off wrong.. Any provider can sell if they want to. It is only what is done with the company afterwards which scares people. Lots of times over my 15 years in this business I've seen companies sell out and the previous owner swear up and down that nothing will change only to find out later that the new owner lied through his teeth and changed everything as soon as he had full control.

Take it for what it is for now, just wait and see if something happens that you don't like, if it does, contact me I'll match prices lol :)