Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• ShamliShamli Member

Thank You @Damian
    =)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Nice upgrade.... i am expecting a bump from 20gb-50gb, but you gave more...

• flyfly Member

yeah, seems like colocrossing's buffalo location is pretty sweet. now for that ipv6....

• ithith Member
    edited July 2012

my review: my account was suspended after a week of fall.
    no apologizes, no 'month free', no money back for unused time.
    Suspension Reason: Overdue on payment
    :)))))

• TaylorTaylor Member

@ith said: Suspension Reason: Overdue on payment

Maybe pay your invoices and you will not get suspended?

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy Infinity Taz
  • @ith said: Suspension Reason: Overdue on payment

Sounds like a legitimate reason to me.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Why not open a ticket and settle it with them?

Few more and we're 900

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

This is here to increase the post count.

Please disregard this post.

Thank you,

-The Management of Pie

Thanked by 1yomero
    edited July 2012

@Mon5t3r said: @jcaleb said: 900

900th Post woo hoo!!

@Mon5t3r said: | DoB May 1, 2009 |

Hm something here...

CSI ENHANCE

REARRANGE

ISOLATE

CONSPIRACY

@Mon5t3r IS PART OF THE CONSPIRACY

THE 3 IN HIS NAME REPRESENTS HALF LIFE 3.

HALF LIFE 3 WILL BE RELEASED IN 900 DAYS!

I'M ON TO YOU VALVE

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r djvdorp yomero
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

I missed it!

• DamianDamian Member

@ith said: my review: my account was suspended after a week of fall.

no apologizes, no 'month free', no money back for unused time.
    Suspension Reason: Overdue on payment

All customers who requested a credit for downtime received a credit for downtime. What was your support ticket #?

@jcaleb said: I missed it!

Ha!

• He's mocking you @jcaleb! Get revenge now! Go for his knees! he needs his knees!

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@HalfEatenPie What about his knees? I just want to be 900th =) If only I have some more 32mbs to give to make it 1000th.

• ithith Member

@Taylor said: Maybe pay your invoices and you will not get suspended?

Should I pay for offline vps and for a one week long lack of service w/o any excuse or/and a compensation? I better stay away from IPXCore now and for ever!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ith said: Should I pay for offline vps and for a one week long lack of service w/o any excuse or/and a compensation? I better stay away from IPXCore now and for ever!

please. More resources for us =)

Thanked by 1Pats
  • Very well hater...

@ith

• PatsPats Member

Thanks @Damian !!

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@ith said: Should I pay for offline vps and for a one week long lack of service w/o any excuse or/and a compensation? I better stay away from IPXCore now and for ever!

Yup!! stay farr away... better for you

w/o any excuse .. ?
    can you read this thread just 19 pages - 7 times??

Compensation?
    actually @yomero is handling it ... :)

@yomero said: Hehe.

Give me his mail, I will sent the money to th.. .......

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: I just want to be 900th =) If only I have some more 32mbs to give to make it 1000th.

u still haven't ordered more?? u still owe one.. remember... :P (911th comment)

• yomeroyomero Member

@Pats said: actually @yomero is handling it ... :)

Exactly n_n

edited July 2012

@ith said: Should I pay for offline vps and for a one week long lack of service w/o any excuse or/and a compensation?

ISOLATE

@ith said: w/o any excuse or/and a compensation?

ENHANCE

INVERSE THE RADIATION COEFFICIENT TO COINCIDE WITH PROPER BETA LEVELS (wat)

Well, let me break it down (drop the beat!)

Excuse:

Damian stated in a mass e-mail to ALL clients explaining the network outage and how they're handling it with professionalism and transparency. The e-mail has been attached.

E-Mail received on: 07/04/2012   05:53

All,

You are receiving this notice because you have an active billing account with IPXcore.

On July 2nd, the datacenter we're hosted in, Atjeu Hosting, in Phoenix AZ, unplugged our network drop due to a single inbound DDoS attack on one of our clients that, despite at 700mbit, completely crippled their network and sent them into a panic. We attempted to reason with Atjeu to get our services back online while we looked for a new datacenter.

At approximately noon on July 3rd, we secured new hosting with NWNX in Buffalo, New York. NWNX is capable of providing the infrastructure that our company required, at a price that is in our budget, and are able to react to a crisis in a more gentle manner. We are disappointed that we were unable to remain in Phoenix, as that's where we're actually physically located, however, we were unable to locate a datacenter that could accomodate our requirements.

At 3:00pm July 3rd, we shipped our servers Next-Day-Air to Buffalo, NY. Due to the upcoming American holiday of July 4th, the servers will be in NWNX's possession Friday morning. They will be racked immediately Friday morning, and we will set in motion to assigning new IPs to customers and getting services back in action. We're going to have a solid day ahead of us, but our goal is to have everyone back online by early Friday evening.

So the answer to the question that has been asked of me so frequently the past few days: Barring any unexpected issues, you will be back online Friday afternoon/evening, Mountain standard time.

Thank you,

Damian Harouff

IPXcore

That should basically answer itself, but the even more important part is that they invested so much into also providing future reliability (and their needs) by switching from Phoenix to Buffalo from their current offers (aka make the best decision they could in the interest of the customers).

Compensation:

Their e-mail sent out on: 07/02/2012 13:11 properly defines this thread as a source you can obtain information from. Yes they didn't send out a conclusion e-mail (looking back at it, that would have helped) but if you used your VPS for mission-critical things then you would have been following this thread as it developed. Granted they didn't state specifically how the users would get compensated but right then they had more on their plate than to deal with compensations (its called getting all the servers back up ASAP) and I'm sure a reasonable person probably would have opened up a ticket asking for some kind of compensation right when the services started coming back up (which then Damian would have provided an explanation).

Also, if you did follow this thread (and a few other threads in other areas) you would understand that IPXCore can't really operate by providing everyone with a month of free hosting or whatnot (they had to pay for something that wasn't their fault to begin with (DDoS) and then pay even more to move EVERYTHING in a single day (one day shipping)). So I apologize for what I'm about to type but I say you're being a grade A wenus. And I mean that out of respect.

Conclusion:

IPXCore handled their sudden datacenter outage with high standards of professionalism and care in my point of view (note I'm also a client of IPXCore). They had their limits but they were reasonable and very transparent on everything that was going on with the best judgement any provider can do for their client (instead of selling us off (which could have ended badly) they stuck with us). And hell, it was the 4th of July (a holiday for those of us/you in the US) and I'm sure he (and then entire IPXCore staff) worked through most of that, not being able to enjoy it.

I will admit this is one of the risks of going with a smaller provider but then support for basic stuff with a larger company is usually a monkey in the garbage bag.

So yeah. I disagree with your opinions on IPXCore and personally I'm more than happy to move more of my stuff over to them (knowing that I'm dealing with reasonable people over people who are just looking for a paycheck or another extra dollar out of me).

Edit: I fixed some things.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Pats said: u still haven't ordered more?? u still owe one.. remember... :P (911th comment)

I will try buy one quarterly when its very near 1000 =)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

They compensate, its just not automated. it's because they wouldn't know if you want extra credit for the downtime, or if you want full refund. you need to tell them which you prefer.

i like it that @ith is complaining, it makes this thread longer....

• @jcaleb said: i like it that @ith is complaining, it makes this thread longer....

You just want this to hit 1000 don't you.

I"M IN ON YOUR PLANS!

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • yomeroyomero Member

@HalfEatenPie said: I"M IN ON YOUR PLANS!

Me too yeah!

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@HalfEatenPie said: You just want this to hit 1000 don't you.

Did I mention already that IPXCore is offering refunds? And also credit for the downtime amounting to 26 cents (or 2 weeks of service) for the 32mbs?

• @jcaleb said: 26 cents

I could live for a few hours on 26 cents.

Solution? Buy nothing.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@HalfEatenPie said: I could live for a few hours on 26 cents.

Solution? Buy nothing.

Can you give away some pies to push the thread more?

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

@HalfEatenPie said: I could live for a few hours on 26 cents

Hey in 100 years it would be worth almost 2 bucks if you save it!

This discussion has been closed.