Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• u4iau4ia Member

@Damian said: Free to anyone who wants to pay shipping and handling

I will take it if you decide to get rid of it :)

• DamianDamian Member

@miTgiB said: It's a Procurve, why would want to keep it?

We run a local network that attaches all the servers together, he may want to keep it for that. I'd rather just buy a better "main" switch and have vlans.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

Everyone: thank you for supporting the "biggest fail in VPS industry":
    ...like we really wanted to pack up all of our stuff and send it across the country.

• yomeroyomero Member

@Damian said: ...like we really wanted to pack up all of our stuff and send it across the country.

Hehe.
    Give me his mail, I will sent the money to this idiot xDDDD

• u4iau4ia Member

@Damian he must not visit LET if he thinks this is the biggest fail of the VPS industry :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

I give 2% chance

• Looks like things are running a bit faster on my end with Sapphire since the DC change, but might be a placebo effect? Anyone else seeing any difference?

Glad the switch change went well. Didn't even notice any perceivable downtime on my end or through my monitors. :)

• @Medfordite said: Looks like things are running a bit faster on my end with Sapphire since the DC change, but might be a placebo effect? Anyone else seeing any difference?

I've noticed a slight difference :P

But then again, I am halfway around the world.

• DamianDamian Member

I've noticed that things seem to be a bit snappier too. Not sure why the switch would have anything to do with that really..

• @Damian lol, don't mind that fool :P

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Damian,

I think you guys have done well, however you should not really be mocking people who have opinions. It may have been the biggest VPS fail they have been through and it was a lot of downtime.

You've come out of this extremely well considering what has happened, but I'd be careful about being proud of the situation!

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Spirit
  • @Damian -- Strange, maybe the old switch was struggling with the demanded throughput. but this new one is handling it much nicer.

@httpzoom --

Where do I start; firstly, I don't think Damian is being "proud" of this; but he has reason to be proud of himself that he's actually managed to pull through, given that if I was in a similar situation, I would be stuck on what I would do.

There's bigger fails; think about all the deadpools that happen month in, month out, scammers. Atleast damian is doing something much better than most of these; and has even got a bigger response of happiness after the move, it wasnt Damian's fault that he had to move; and it wasnt becuase of his mistakes. It was purely a DC that was not "homey" enough for them, unable to put up with a bit of network stress; that's fine for local, smaller DC's but when Damian is breaking 1200+ IP's with active connections, then it's time for change, it's just a shame they were kicked out, rather than given notice so he could of sped the process up via having more time to look, secure deals, and then miss the holiday period mail service delays.

All in all; comments taken into account. Damian has done an amazing job, and he consistently kept us up to date; better than some providers i've been with where I've had to bug some live-support-guy to find an update.

• u4iau4ia Member

+1
    I agree @Damian handled this quite well and used it as a stepping stone to get to the next level.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @u4ia the term Damian used when I complimented him on keeping us all updated on LET and via E-mail was "I like to build rapport with my customers, rather than just be the guy who takes money off them".

+1 for @Damian.!

• IPXcore have done well to come through this; however, httpzoom does make a good point.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Guys I think you've got me wrong.

I'm not saying that what has been done over the last week hasn't be good and far beyond the call of what is required for a lowend provider.

However, when you get to the point of posting customer comments, due to their feelings, and using these as a "comical" or "look at what this customer said to me" it verges on arrogance. Especially as this situation could have been avoided with a better DC choice in the first place.

Everything is a learning process and no matter how "wrong" a customer may be, in their opinion they are right, and as they have paid money they are 100% entitled to their opinions.

Damian doesn't need to highlight what a few silly customers say to belittle the downtime, that as happened. He can simply grow his business on the back of customers knowing that no matter what it takes he is prepared to ensure his business continues and customer are going to be provided with their service.

Thanked by 2Spirit NanoG6
  • @httpzoom Sorry for any misleading comments towards yourself, I may of acted a little rash; I've had a long day. Sorry, no offense was meant to be made, I was mearly defending what I thought.

• DamianDamian Member

Indeed, it was quite arrogant of me. It was mostly posted for being interesting: It's really the only extremely negative feedback we've received (so far), and we gave the person the worst experience they've ever had. Not something to be proud of.

Thanked by 2Maounique Infinity
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@Damian said: Indeed, it was quite arrogant of me. It was mostly posted for being interesting: It's really the only extremely negative feedback we've received (so far), and we gave the person the worst experience they've ever had. Not something to be proud of.

I was about to support httpzoom in what he said, however, this settles it :)
    On another note: Out of stock :(
    M

• PatsPats Member

@Damian said: Indeed, it was quite arrogant of me.

It maybe.. but then sometimes when u get those emails from clients 'biggest fail in VPS industry, 1 month free, 1% chance..' it may cause dDos hit on the brain network tossing you out...
    still i'd say you handled the reply nicely

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@Pats said: still i'd say you handled the reply nicely

I dont agree but it is understandable, when you are overworked and sleep deprived working your ass off to minimize downtime and all, that kind of bashing doesnt help anyone.
    M

• PatsPats Member

@Maounique said: but it is understandable, when you are overworked and sleep deprived working your ass off to minimize downtime and all

yea thats what i meant, a guy is at wits end when the blow came.. and went thru all as quoted and then if get email/support ticket like that..

dunno, maybe in the same situation, it'd have sparked the fuse to blast me (and then his turn to get blasted) or maybe i'd have handled it similar/better (for $1.66)

thing is, in situation like this, you feel down (if u care ur biz & ur clients) + if ur poked, it'll surely make u more down but as reaction it may cause some heat in the head - after all we are humans too :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

I know it's not much, but anyone wants my 32mb paid for a quarter? I realized I dont have time to do anything with it =) It's less than 3 months because I bought before the disaster

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said: I know it's not much, but anyone wants my 32mb paid for a quarter? I realized I dont have time to do anything with it =) It's less than 3 months because I bought before the disaster

how much you want for it?

• dnomdnom Member

@jcaleb said: I know it's not much, but anyone wants my 32mb paid for a quarter? I realized I dont have time to do anything with it =) It's less than 3 months because I bought before the disaster

You should have opened a new topic.

Or don't. Let's aim for 1000 comments!
    :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Im giving it away as I dont need it =) Yes part of it is also to go for 1000 comments.

@jcaleb said: Im giving it away as I dont need it =) Yes part of it is also to go for 1000 comments.

I'll take it :P

• jcalebjcaleb Member

ok ill give it to you. just have to figure out how to give it. do you know how?

edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: ok ill give it to you. just have to figure out how to give it. do you know how?

You have to open a transfer ticket and ask for it to be transferred to my account. PM me for details

This discussion has been closed.