Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

@BluBoy said: My IP is resolving as ColoCrossing, Utah... Traceroutes come from Level 3 in Buffalo though???

Indeed, it's in Buffalo. I'll ask if we can get the IP updated to geolocate correctly.

@djvdorp said: I want one right now (love irc) but there's no stock it seems ;p

I put everything at 0 til we get settled in... expect availability within the next few days.

• pcanpcan Member

Network speed is faster and latency from Europe is way better than before (I get perfect video streaming trough ssh proxy). Good job Damian!

• 2012-07-07 13:48:30 (50.5 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [1048576000/1048576000]

Glorious. If speeds are half this good when you open stock, I will be throwing all my money at you.

• AndriAndri Member

From my 32mb VPS:

CPU model :    Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216 HE
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2400.043 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 32 MB
    Total amount of swap : 32 MB
    System uptime :   6:32,
    Download speed : (41.5MB/s)
    I/O speed : 187MB/s

This is awesome! :D

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@Damian said: Indeed, it's in Buffalo. I'll ask if we can get the IP updated to geolocate correctly.

Oh I was just curious... You have enough to worry about then this! Have played around in it and things are looking better than ever in our new home! If you are still thinking about a special for current customers, definitely let me know!

• DamianDamian Member

Ran out of IP addresses, 85 short. Hoping to get our next block from Chris in the morning. Til then, zzzzz.....

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: Ran out of IP addresses, 85 short. Hoping to get our next block from Chris in the morning. Til then, zzzzz.....

Thank you :-)

• ShamliShamli Member

I've got my new IP in Solus...wget speed test is great...

• Sleep well @damian

• emm.. i clicked reinstall by mistake... and it is offline since then.. just remembered the os template server is MIA

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@peppr said: just remembered @Damian is MIA for the next 12 hours :)

FTFY

• lbftlbft Member
    edited July 2012

I've got my new IP and I'm getting great network speed too.

@Damian said: Indeed, it's in Buffalo. I'll ask if we can get the IP updated to geolocate correctly.

The IP I got is in a block allocated to NWNX by ColoCrossing, so the Utah thing isn't coming from WHOIS as far as I can see.

If it's just MaxMind, you can make the correction yourself here when things have settled down: http://www.maxmind.com/app/correction (although it'll take a while before people update their GeoIP databases).

• My vps is back :D

Thanks @Damian

• One of my VPS still has its old IP :P but besides for that thanks for the hard work @Damian!

• uhuuhu Member

I'm also one of the luck 85 but grateful for the hard work!

• Mine looks up; thanks for the hard work!

Is this true, 1Gbit and IRC?

If so... I Think i've fallen in ultimate love with @Damian :']!

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

mp 32mbs are back

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2012

Yup! -- So happy about this ;'] got a PHP Blog working on only 9MB Of ram! ;']

edit; I rebooted to finalise things, killed the ssh server ;'/ now I can't SSH in, and cant reinstall :/ (Offline: Memory Usage: 0of0: Disk :0of:2GB:

Brokes it :]

• LAKidLAKid Member

None of the Solus function works yet?

• TaylorTaylor Member

@peppr said: emm.. i clicked reinstall by mistake... and it is offline since then.. just remembered the os template server is MIA

>

+1 /:

My ram usage was to high so I thought I would start over, but not I have broke the VPS.

• JacobJacob Member

Use CentOS 5 32Bit template, It should be stored on OpenVZ nodes by default, without prior sync.

@Taylor said: My ram usage was to high so I thought I would start over, but not I have broke the VPS.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

@Jacob Problem is none of the function at Solus work, so even though you install centos, it won't work, reboot/boot does not work. The i.p and Solus do not sync.

• Now we get to wait for @Damian to up BW :D

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Jacob said: Use CentOS 5 32Bit template, It should be stored on OpenVZ nodes by default, without prior sync.

>

Still no luck, what LA kid said is right.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@Taylor said: My ram usage was to high so I thought I would start over, but not I have broke the VPS.

RAM usage reported in the client area and actual RAM usage on the box are not lining up ATM. (EG My web area said 31/32MB... free -m says 4/32MB)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

same here... cant ssh so i reinstalled template. not working now anything in solus

• Did saphire go down for anyone?

• TaylorTaylor Member

@BluBoy said: 31/32MB...

Now I fill silly, I didn't check the box just the client area /:

• Mmm...got this one:

Starting PowerConsole v1.2 <> (c)2011 soluslabs ltd.
    please wait...
    successfully logged in.
    Container config file does not exist

Anyone knows what might be wrong? I know I can send in a trouble ticket but figured @Damian would be busy at the moment trying to bring back all the VPS, so I'd rather see if the community could help me first.

• @zhuanyi said: Container config file does not exist

Saphire is down atm, so if you were on this node, there is a good chance that you can't reach your VPS.

This discussion has been closed.