Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing: IPv6 "Soon" What a joke! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing: IPv6 "Soon" What a joke!

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We know ipv6 is important to many of our customers and we are working on delivering on their requests for native ipv6. At this point I expect we will have it long before most of you expect.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • MunMun Member

Well some of us expect 2020 so we have given you plenty of room to prove us wrong. 5 years being nice is a lot of time to impress.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Mun said:

Have you got services with CC? If 6 is really that important to you then your energy would be better spent with someone who already provides it.

Thanked by 2Maounique Mark_R
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:

Indeed. Not that there is shortage of datacenters offering full IPv6.
    But Mun has a point too. If you do not intend to deliver, dont promise it.

• MunMun Member

@W1V_Lee said:

You are very much right and I do have a few services that I have with better providers that give my ipv6 all I want, or are working right now to get it, without the "Soon" part.

However, I was also promised back then that in 2012 I would be getting IPv6, and @jbiloh I am still waiting.....

Mun said: However, I was also promised back then that in 2012 I would be getting IPv6, and @jbiloh I am still waiting.....

Yeah it stinks. Brocade still hasn't released OSPFv3 for all our new access layer ICX6450s so we're developing a work around now.

• Mun said: However, I was also promised back then that in 2012 I would be getting IPv6, and @jbiloh I am still waiting.....

I think they like hoarding IPv4 instead. We'll need to wait for full depletion so they panic and switch over to IPv6.

eddynetweb said: I think they like hoarding IPv4 instead. We'll need to wait for full depletion so they panic and switch over to IPv6.

Everyone knows that IPv6 isn't a drop in replacement for IPv4 right now.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:

Agreed, but as time goes on ipv4 is dying. I.e. my phone has native ipv6 and uses it by default.

You can prepare for the future or let it slap you in the ass. I am preparing.

• @jbiloh said:

It may not be, but in the next several years, that could very well change. The Internet changes constantly.

• @Mun said:
    my phone has native ipv6 and uses it by default

and what phone is that?

• @jnguyen said:
    and what phone is that?

I know that Verizon has standardized IPv6 on their network.

• MunMun Member

T-Mobile & Verizon here.

• :(

My phone has the IPv6 kernel module.

eddynetweb said: It may not be, but in the next several years, that could very well change. The Internet changes constantly.

IPv6 will no doubt have its day. When that day is probably depends if some more of the reserve /8s are released for assignment.

• Nonetheless, IPv6 is now supported by almost every datacenter in the U.S that I know of.

• @jbiloh said:
    IPv6 will no doubt have its day. When that day is probably depends if some more of the reserve /8s are released for assignment.

Point, however, i'd be nice if you implemented it when possible.

The IANA already handed out the last /8 to the regional Internet registries.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DalekOfSkaro said: Nonetheless, IPv6 is now supported by almost every datacenter in the U.S that I know of

Either we have a very different definition about what "supported" means or your knowledge about US DCs is fairly limited.

• Is there info on when will be available IPv6 with ColoCrossing?

• When ARIN runs out of ipv4.

• @default said:
    Is there info on when will be available IPv6 with ColoCrossing?

I'd honestly be curious as well. I've got several VPS with several ColoCrossing-based providers and I don't have enough HE tunnels to serve all of them :-)

• @default said:
    Is there info on when will be available IPv6 with ColoCrossing?

Winter/Spring afaik.

• mpkossen said: I'd honestly be curious as well. I've got several VPS with several ColoCrossing-based providers and I don't have enough HE tunnels to serve all of them :-)

I've talked with @jbiloh about it a lot over the past few weeks. We've been under a lot of pressure from our clients about IPv6 for several months. Some of them were accepting when we recommend moving them to our U.K Location where we can offer IPv6.

According to Jon, things are moving forward and we should see something happening very soon. I can only cross my fingers and keep petting our IPv6 Allocation until it's ready to be announced.

mpkossen said: I've got several VPS with several ColoCrossing-based providers and I don't have enough HE tunnels to serve all of them :-)

How come you don't have something with us? We're pretty good :P

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    How come you don't have something with us? We're pretty good :P

I'm sorry, but I forgot which company you represent.

• mpkossen said: I'm sorry, but I forgot which company you represent.

It's in my signature :)

• linuxthefish said: Winter/Spring afaik.

Which year?

• concerto49 said: Which year?

We still have hopes it'll be 2014

• I remember when you were calling this complaining, and now you want what we all wanted years ago, welcome to the party. :)

• Mun said: I remember when you were calling this complaining, and now you want what we all wanted years ago, welcome to the party. :)

I personally "complained" about IPv6 in my review, remember? As of yet, I'm holding @jbiloh to his promise and keeping my fingers crossed.

• @DalekOfSkaro I'd cross your toes too! ;)