Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited August 2014

@abermingham Thank you for letting us a peek in into the online.net infrastructure with the cheap dedicated promotion. I am absolutely loving it (minus the ipv6 configuration :D , Sorry but it's a pain in the a$$) as other's said , the support provided for all the range of server's is really great. I will surely prefer to buy from online.net without giving it a second thought asking around people and creating threads whether to buy from online.net or not!.

• @abermingham Great experience so far with this offer and online.net. Any plans of opening a DC in north America?

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2014

@kcaj said:
    +1 - I don't count on using support for the server unless there is a hardware issue. Just knowing it is there though is a massive bonus.

^this :) I feel the same way ^_^

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

What's your speed in

iperf -c iperf.testdebit.info

Getting 900+ Mbit on one server, but only around 100 Mbit on another. :/

• cassacassa Member
    edited December 2014

@rm_

# iperf -c iperf.testdebit.info
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Client connecting to iperf.testdebit.info, TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
    [  3] local 127.0.0.1 port 49299 connected with 89.84.127.55 port 5001
    [ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   618 MBytes   518 Mbits/sec

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited August 2014

@rm_

TCP window size: 23.5 KByte (default)
    [  3] local x.x.x.x port 60800 connected with 89.84.127.55 port 5001
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec  1022 MBytes   857 Mbits/sec

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited December 2014

@rm

root@sd-22033:~# iperf -c iperf.testdebit.info
    [  3] local 127.0.0.1 port 48745 connected with 89.84.127.55 port 5001
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   344 MBytes   289 Mbits/sec
    root@sd-22033:~#
  • I'm getting a pretty steady 850-900 down, and 260-300 up. Pretty consistent across the 4 boxes I have and the different times I've tested. Killer network performance for <$3/mo.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited November 2014

@rm

root@sd-22033:~# iperf -c ping.online.net
    Client connecting to ping.online.net, TCP port 5001
    [  3] local *.*.*.* port 52677 connected with 62.210.18.40 port 5001
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   635 MBytes   532 Mbits/sec
    root@sd-22033:~#
  • @abermingham Can it be transferred to another person if someone doesn't want to renew? There must be someone who bought many and changed their mind at least for one?

• sandro said: Can it be transferred to another person if someone doesn't want to renew? There must be someone who bought many and changed their mind at least for one?

No. If you could people would abuse the opportunity and cash in on their 2EUR servers.

• @rm_ said:
    What's your speed in

Getting 900+ Mbit on one server, but only around 100 Mbit on another. :/

912 Mbits/sec

• @kcaj said:

Getting your 2 euro's worth

• @kcaj said:

What are you doing on there? O.o

• 0xdragon said: What are you doing on there? O.o

Testing the bandwidth ;)

• @kcaj I ain't even mad if you're clogging up my port so I can only get 300 up. That's just impressive.

• mikeyur said: @kcaj I ain't even mad if you're clogging up my port so I can only get 300 up. That's just impressive.

I'll stop it tomorrow morning. It's inbound bandwidth anyway, the graph is measured at the switch.

• @kcaj said:
    No. If you could people would abuse the opportunity and cash in on their 2EUR servers.

like seedbox providers aren't doing this indrectly anyway...

• @0xdragon said:
    What are you doing on there? O.o

"seeding linux ISOs"

• @joodle said:
    I haven't got it to work yet, still trying out a lot of things

All good, I appreciate the effort.

As per my email, I didn't have any hardware to try it myself, however I just got a reasonable box handed to me which I am going to try Proxmox on. I will give it a crack too.

I am guessing that it has to do with the machine finding the driver upon boot so that it can configure itself. Maybe we need to DD the disk in Linux Rescue mode then swap to the WinPE mode to get it working?

Feel free to PM me with test image locations etc. I am happy to play around with it too.

• I got two servers and I'm extremely happy with them.

The CPU is performing surprisingly well. None of the things I have tested so far has been a problem for it, and if I feel like it, I can utilize the CPU 100% 24/7 without the provider complaining and shutting my system down.

The network performance is very good. I would expect the network to take a big hit in the beginning, with many people testing and experimenting with their new server, but I get good download speeds. I'm not sure if there's any limit on how much you can utilize the bandwidth, but after seeing @kcaj bandwidth graph I don't think there's any.

The disks are quite old, but as said earlier in this thread, the disks are not desktop drives. In case they should break, they will be replaced with functional ones, so I do not worry about this. Also, the offer came with 100 GB FTP storage, that can be accessed from anywhere. Very good for this price.

This is good marketing. I did not know anything about Online.net before, but now my next dedi will be from Online.net, should I need a more powerful one. Had the money been used on regular ads, I probably never would have seen them or bought anything.

DEDIBOX KIDÉCHIRE + 100 GB FTP storage: €1.99

The warm and fuzzy feeling you get, when using or thinking about the dedi: PRICELESS!

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • iperf test

[  3] local xx.xxx port 57944 connected with 89.84.127.55 port 5001
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   597 MBytes   501 Mbits/sec

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited August 2014

edit fail, never mind me

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

They have now removed order page altogether :P

• kcaj said: No. If you could people would abuse the opportunity and cash in on their 2EUR servers.

If they don't use and someone wants to give it away with no abuse involved why not?

• @sandro said:

If you feel like just handing over the server details then there's nothing stopping you doing that, but online.net wont transfer servers between accounts. We've asked before.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • sandro said: If they don't use and someone wants to give it away with no abuse involved why not?

People will try to sell the servers on at an extreme profit. That is the sort of abuse I am talking about and obviously couldn't be verified by any means.

Seeing around 40Mb/s over FTP to dedibackup-dc2.online.net which seems pretty poor.

• @Weblogics What model HDD do you have in your 9.99 euro one?

• There are good and bad things about online.net
    Their network is really good, their support is fast and provides useful answers.

But:
    How dare you advertise your free DDoS protection at all, I can take down any online.net free DDoS protected server with less than 100mbps udp.