Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee!

https://contabo.com/?show=vps

No setup fee anymore... :)

I hope this will be forever?

Now they use SSD Drives

Also anybody tried it?

8 EUR/month and... without VAT : 6,4 EUR

Comments

• Very nice offers, but it's a shame it's only 100mbit. At least they use 'Highly efficient cooling'!

• yes right, but where datacenter..????

• @linuxthefish said:
    Very nice offers, but it's a shame it's only 100mbit. At least they use 'Highly efficient cooling'!

100mbit.. XL 1gbit.

@PremiumFast_Net said:
    yes right, but where datacenter..????

Germany

• @ZweiTiger said:
    https://contabo.com/?show=vps

No setup fee anymore... :)

I hope this will be forever?

Now they use SSD Drives

Also anybody tried it?

8 EUR/month and... without VAT : 6,4 EUR

They are using SSD accelerated disks, not pure SSDs. Also with thin provisioning & compression they are now able to offer very high amount of HDD & RAM.

• edited August 2014

@ZweiTiger said:
    Germany

allowed torrent or no?? i need for torrent :D

• wow, 6 GB ram only 7.99 EUR / month.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2014

@PremiumFast_Net said: yes right, but where datacenter..????

https://contabo.com/?show=data_centers

Munich, Germany and Nuremberg, Germany

they were previously known as "giga-international"

@PremiumFast_Net said: allowed torrent or no?? i need for torrent :D

most likely not, although they don't monitor what you do with your server.

@ZweiTiger said: 8 EUR/month and... without VAT : 6,4 EUR

I've contacted them and they told me the price you see on their international website (contabo.com) is already without VAT.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2014

-

• If anyone does get one of those, please run a http://serverbear.com benchmark

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2014

These VPS are even KVM :) Would love to See a few benchmadks. No setup is only for yearly paymenrts.

• @chauffer said:
    If anyone does get one of those, please run a http://serverbear.com benchmark

@trexos said:
    These VPS are even KVM :) Would love to See a few benchmadks. No setup is only for yearly paymenrts.

Okay. Ordered one , and we shall see :)

I will run a benhcmark

• @trexos said:

Nope, currently it is no setup regardless of the payment cycle. Might be for a limited time though & they would switch to their normal policy of not setup for yearly commitments only after that.

• they even run windows perfectly :) although you need Virtio drivers

• @MuZo said:

yeah i think they not allow for torrent, because i'm ready ask to admin and they answare :
    Hello, all of our servers offer full root access. You can use our servers for whatever reason as long as you do not violate against German law or our ToS. In case of complaints against your server, we will contact you and work together to find a solution. So far, we have made good experiences with this approach.
    they not say allow or not, maybe not ...

• @PremiumFast_Net said:
    they not say allow or not, maybe not ...

But note the traffic is 19TB/month. Then its 10mbit

• edited August 2014

@ZweiTiger said:

10mbit ...????? really..??? you ready buy product on contabo?

• 100 or 1000mbit first. Then.. if you reach 19TB/month you will get 10mbit

• edited August 2014

@ZweiTiger said:

okay ... i understand.. :D how about torrent on this server if you think??

• @PremiumFast_Net said:
    okay ... i understand.. :D how about torrent on this server if you think??

I think.. if you use for personal files. Not by piratebay :D. You will be okay.

• @ZweiTiger Awesome! Looking forward to your benchmarks :) Could you run freevps bench and take a few Screenshots of the interface?

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2014

@ZweiTiger said: traffic is 19TB/month

where do you read that?

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

in the footer of the VPS page

@trexos said: Screenshots of the interface?

this should be a little walk-through of their webpanel: https://contabo.com/swf/login_en.swf

• @MuZo said:
    where do you read that?

60 Mbps used 24/7 = 19.44 TB/month

• MuZoMuZo Member

@K2Bytes said: 60 Mbps used 24/7 = 19.44 TB/month

oh, I didn't calculated it :)

Although you can't use 60mbps 24/7/30:

continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s

This is what they replied when I asked them what would happen if I burst the bandwidth 4 days consecutively, stop one day and repeat/cycle till the end of the month:

The regulation in regards to bandwidth usage is made to avaid abusive overusage to the disadvantage of all clients. If you are bursting the limit on 4 out of 5 days, we will not shape the bandwidth, but it is sure that we are keeping an eye on the developement and if the overusage is continuing, most likely you will be asked to subscribe to dedicated bandwidth.

So personally I think they will contact you once you reach a few TB bandwidth, but this is just my impression.

I'm also quite interested in trying one, but the fact that they charge VAT to everyone (included EU companies and NON-EU customers) keeps me off at the moment.

• @MuZo said:
    I'm also quite interested in trying one, but the fact that they charge VAT to everyone (included EU companies and NON-EU customers) keeps me off at the moment.

Lol you wouldn't get that price for those resources anywhere in the world.

@MuZo said:
    Although you can't use 60mbps 24/7/30

They would never mind if your usage does not exceed 60 Mbps for more than 5 days. But if you can limit your usage to 60 Mbps max you can use it 24/7.

• MuZoMuZo Member

@K2Bytes said: Lol you wouldn't get that price for those resources anywhere in the world.

that's why I'm still interested as it has lot of storage, curious to see how the benchmarks perform. As discussed in others threads, they might not be held to remove VAT but it's not a "good" business practice from my point of view. Also the reviews about them and their previous name are very mixed. For now the email support was good and fast.

@K2Bytes said: They would never mind if your usage does not exceed 60 Mbps for more than 5 days.

correct, sorry it's late night here and my brain is not fully working. However I still don't think you would be able to push ~20TB for 8€ and most probably you would get suspended before for "cpu abuse".

• If you put salt on poop it still remains poop.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MuZoMuZo Member

tr1cky said: If you put salt on poop it still remains poop.

Refers to what? Did you had any previous experiences with the provider?

• In Germany the Contabo provider got very good stars.

http://www.webhostlist.de/provider/4508-Contabo-GmbH/

So... and this is real reviews. So not bad as some client say.

The support said that:

-Problematic clients yes will review us as bad provider. But clients who dont have any issue not will review us.... thats the problem.

• MuZoMuZo Member

New policy with the new 1gbps port (which is capped at 100mbit?):

**Unmetered traffic: Traffic limitation / capping: 100 Mbit/s. No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 40 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

• @MuZo said:
    New policy with the new 1gbps port (which is capped at 100mbit?):

**Unmetered traffic: Traffic limitation / capping: 100 Mbit/s. No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 40 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

Could you reach 10TB within 5 day? I think no.. so this * thing not a big problem 99% of users.

But what do you want at this price? :)