Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee!

124»

Comments

• @K2Bytes said:
    Ever heard of thin provisioning, ballooning & compression?

What does this mean? Could you explain?

• ZweiTiger said: What does this mean? Could you explain?

overselling memory & etc

Read:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_provisioning

Thanked by 1haseltine
  • This possible too at KVM? Not bad!

• @ZweiTiger said:
    What does this mean? Could you explain?

Thin provisioning lets you oversell disk space whereas ballooning & compression is for over-commitment of RAM. They work with XEN, KVM & VMware. Most common VPS control panels like SolusVM & Virtualizor don't support these functions as of now(but custom or most in-house control panels do) that is why you don't see most hosts overselling(disk space & RAM) with XEN & KVM but they still over-commit CPU. Easiest to do this is on VMware because there are hardly any custom control panels & you have to use VMware's web based GUI or automation which supports all these overselling functions.Please remember most people never use all the disk space or RAM allocated tot heir VPS so all these overselling features do help the provider to make optimized use of resources.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited August 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    Thin provisioning lets you oversell disk space whereas ballooning & compression is for over-commitment of RAM. They work with XEN, KVM & VMware. Most common VPS control panels like SolusVM & Virtualizor don't support these functions as of now(but custom or most in-house control panels do) that is why you don't see most hosts overselling(disk space & RAM) with XEN & KVM but they still over-commit CPU. Easiest to do this is on VMware because there are hardly any custom control panels & you have to use VMware's web based GUI or automation which supports all these overselling functions.Please remember most people never use all the disk space or RAM allocated tot heir VPS so all these overselling features do help the provider to make optimized use of resources.

Minutes to log in. Slow system. IO speed now 12mb/s

So yes the nodes are overloaded :)

Update: seems fixed a bit.. now everything is okay. But strange... :)

• @ZweiTiger you work for this host? I will try one as people seem to be having good experiences with this host.

• @linuxthefish said:
    ZweiTiger you work for this host? I will try one as people seem to be having good experiences with this host.

Nope. I works at SpaceWeb Hosting solutions.

My experience is not bad at this company. They are very kind and the performance is okay too. They said.. because they have lots of new customers at their new VPS plans.

We shall see the uptime. Still now 100% after 2 day.

• paddykupaddyku Member
    edited November 2017

TarZZ92 said: You can, just install windows yourself. i have and it works perfectly. are resident Dutch friend has a guide on his website. @Joodle

hi man , any tuts for this ? i've tried @Joodle , and vps wont boot up connection time out

• @paddyku said:

TarZZ92 said: You can, just install windows yourself. i have and it works perfectly. are resident Dutch friend has a guide on his website. @Joodle

hi man , any tuts for this ? i've tried @Joodle , and vps wont boot up connection time out

Wtf?

• @doghouch said:

@paddyku said:

Wtf?

a thread from 3 years ago...

• Always need a good "necro" for Halloween.