Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo KVM SSD VPS's now without setup fee!

Comments

• MuZoMuZo Member

@ZweiTiger said: Could you reach 10TB within 5 day? I think no.. so this * thing not a big problem 99% of users.

But what do you want at this price? :)

40mbit 24/7 for 5 days = 2.16TB

I myself don't use a lot of bandwidth so it's not problem for me either but I don't like vague policies that can change over-night.
    Sure the price is very low for what they offer but that doesn't mean they can't be criticized.

Can you please post any benchmarks?

• @MuZo said:

not 40mbit. Its 60.

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

Its 3,25TB / 5 day.

Yes i will when i got the server... But ordered just yesterday.. :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2014

ZweiTiger said: So... and this is real reviews. So not bad as some client say.

WHL reviews are not any more verified than WHT ones - In fact WHT checks if it is really a customer, WHL does not. No points here.

• William said: verified than WHT ones

10% of reviews verified on WHT. Only the ones which do not trusted by mods) I can guarantee you that fake reviews is very easy on WHT.

• Got my Contabo VPS.
    6GB memory - 2 core - 500GB Disk - and 100mbit connection

[root@vmi ~]# ./bench.sh CPU model : Intel Core i7 9xx (Nehalem Class Core i7) Number of cores : 2 CPU frequency : 2099.998 MHz Total amount of ram : 5850 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 41 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 12.0MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.2MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.86MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.6MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.36MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.79MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.74MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.6MB/s I/O speed : 225 MB/s

Thanked by 3MuZo Shoaib_A shrubbles
  • @ZweiTiger

Both network, and I/O, look really nice, could you run a http://serverbear.com benchmark?

Thanks! :3

• @chauffer said:
    ZweiTiger

Both network, and I/O, look really nice, could you run a http://serverbear.com benchmark?

Thanks! :3

Maybe yes , later

• still trying to figure out what CPU they are using. they still wont tell me

• @TarZZ92 said:
    still trying to figure out what CPU they are using. they still wont tell me

State of art CPU modell.

Something cloud-balance thing i think.

• ZweiTiger said: State of art CPU modell.

they said that to me lol. but with 2 cores HFDEDICATED kept on crashing.

• @TarZZ92 said:

I will test this this weekend. I dont feel the VPS slow. Its fast enought like colorhost VPS

• you using the old version?

my cpu seems capped to around 2.1Ghz, 500GB HDD, 2 core

• @cidero, @ZweiTiger: are they charging VAT to non-EU residents? Are they asking for photocopies of ID/bills?

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited August 2014

@geekalot said:
    cidero, ZweiTiger: are they charging VAT to non-EU residents? Are they asking for photocopies of ID/bills?

Hello , the price is 8eur+VAT
    Not need any document. But dont know. Registered as an EU company

• MuZoMuZo Member

geekalot said: are they charging VAT to non-EU residents?

yes

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @TarZZ92: Hmm, I ordered a week ago but it got delivered two days ago because of the bank transfer. It was already the offer for 7.99€/month without setup costs. I got 200gig HDD, one core and 4GB RAM. Now they offer 500GB HDD, two cores and 6GB RAM for the same price?

@geekalot: I am EU resident, so I don't know whether they charge you VAT. I didn't had to provide any identification but I also paid via SEPA bank transfer, so that might be different with more anonymous payment methods.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • MuZoMuZo Member

ZweiTiger said: the price is 8eur+VAT

the price (8€) includes VAT

• The prices of all offers include statutory sales tax.

but they won't remove it even if you're an EU company or a NON-EU customer

• @MuZo said:

They said 8eur+vat

As i see at my invoice.. VAT:0%

• Thanks @MuZo and @cidero

• MuZoMuZo Member

ZweiTiger said: They said 8eur+vat

As i see at my invoice.. VAT:0%

German customer: 7.99€

EU company: 7.99€

NON-EU customer: 7.99€

• @MuZo said:

The owner of contabo was also the owner of euros4click, a site providing ads for hostmasters. The site got shut down and a lot of people lost a lot of money.

• That is good enough performance according to the benchmark :)

• so yeh 2.1ghz iso too : 2099 MHz

• @TarZZ92 said:
    so yeh 2.1ghz iso too : 2099 MHz

2 core = 4200mhz.

Then if you order the XL plan.. its 6-2100 so.. not bad hm.

This or a dedicated online.net? :D

• ZweiTiger said: 2 core = 4200mhz.

They HT Cores though. still interested why this CPU couldnt run a game server without crashing. am starting to think it could be a L5639 (Although slightly underclocked)

• @TarZZ92 said:

They said its not HT core. Also they use KVM , so why do you think this bad?

I used virtuozzo at serverloft.de and server4you and total crash. But the KVM... grants guaranteed resources. About memory-disk

Network is ok. Cpu seems too.

• ZweiTiger said: They said its not HT core. Also they use KVM , so why do you think this bad?

Because like i said apps kept on crashing. the same program that didnt crash on single core. the network i totally agree it's awesome

• @TarZZ92 said:
    They HT Cores though. still interested why this CPU couldnt run a game server without crashing. am starting to think it could be a L5639 (Although slightly underclocked)

They use i7 9xx & most commonly i7 920.