Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems shoud be ban in let and leb. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems shoud be ban in let and leb.

1235»

Comments

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited August 2014

mpkossen said: I thought you were talking about 123Systems.

I can say for certain that this appeared relatively soon after the work was done and that this describes IP's that include the range I worked on. So, perhaps, the nodes I slabbed were 123Systems nodes. I don't know for sure.

I'm not one for speculation, but considering the timeframe, it is within the realm of possibility.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I was only asking as I thought it was a much bigger operation, slabbed or not, now the level of customer service makes even less sense.

• yernsunyernsun Member
    edited August 2014

@mpkossen said:
    That's definitely a strange statement to make. I'd say CVPS_Chris does have a say in it, being the owner and all.

It's still offline,and I would not waste time on it. The guys seems not friendly enough to solve the problem

• Any else got a vps down at 123systems? mine stopped responding about 18 hours ago and I can't boot/reboot/serial console from solus.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Reetus said: Any else got a vps down at 123systems? mine stopped responding about 18 hours ago and I can't boot/reboot/serial console from solus.

It takes around 8 weeks to get any hope of resolving that.

• AnthonySmith said: Sadly it seems the general consensus is that this is not great service but LEB/T chose not to take action against hosts that take payment and don't actually provide any service for that money, I do not think it is right but at the end of the day it is the decision made by the staff.

Are you saying LET staff should decide which host is good and which one is bad? Ok, majority here agrees 123systems is quite terrible, but where do we put the line? I don't want LET staff to be blamed every time something goes wrong, and things go wrong, with new hosts, old hosts even reputable hosts. I'm not ready to take that kind of responsibility.

• @vedran said:
    Are you saying LET staff should decide which host is good and which one is bad? Ok, majority here agrees 123systems is quite terrible, but where do we put the line? I don't want LET staff to be blamed every time something goes wrong, and things go wrong, with new hosts, old hosts even reputable hosts. I'm not ready to take that kind of responsibility.

My personal opinion on this is that providers (and consumers) should only be banned if they continue to accept money and blatantly scam the customer out of a service. LET should be hands off in all other cases, except for how they've helped try and work out the issue in this thread (which is just friendly help, not moderation.)

If the service is terrible however, that's just a "buyer's beware" issue. Same thing goes for if a consumer runs a software that obviously won't work on the specifications, as it's simply the customer's expectations being too high at that point.

I think that this thread has been handled by the moderation pretty well so far in this thread.

Hypothetically:

Now, if @CVPS_Chris were to come into this thread and outright lie that the service was back online, and the customer could prove it wasn't; then that would be back in the scammy gray area. (This is just an example scenario, nothing more, take no offense from it.)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@goodhosting, We are still doing migrations. No one can fully understand how bad all the nodes were when we took over. It was a much bigger job than we first imagined.

What people need to understand is, there just needs to be patience. We have only been in place for a month. If we did not step in, the service would have just went offline, at least we are here trying to improve it and still provide the service.

Choices are:

Be happy we took over, and take a month of continued bad service for us to fix all the remaining issues. Or the alternative would have been just all services shut off.

I think the option we supplied is a much better option.

I don't think myself or my techs ( the non outsourced ) should be blamed for the months of downtime PRIOR to us taking over, that should just be mucked up as a loss and look forward to our brand taking over and improving the service.

Regards

Chris

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said:
    We are still doing migrations.

Then why were you throwing coupon codes around? To pay the staff for extra time?

What people need to understand is, there just needs to be patience.

Well, if you send out coupon codes with massive discount I would expect you to handle the pressure and deliver said product.

If you would have been honest and said: "Here, take 40% off but I can't provision for another month." People who bought would have themself to blame.

But then again, you wouldn't get as many sales doing that.

@MikHo, its not that hard to provision new orders. The business still needs to run, having a sale and provisioning new orders has absolutely nothing to do with clients with existing services.

Does Chevy stop selling cars because one of its products has faulty breaks? No, they keep producing more and selling them. There is no bad business practice in continued sales while old products get fixed. Its pretty much the same concept here.

• @CVPS_Chirs - over 2 months to get your "breaks" fixed in some cases?

Fabozzi please try and cut the BS we all know you've owned 123systems for longer than you would like to admit!!

@Toadyus,

I didnt compare the time frames, I compared the situation. You can think all you want, but thats not the case, sorry.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said:
    MikHo, its not that hard to provision new orders.

I agree, if you have the hardware. Some people here asked for delivery longer then one could expect this time.
    Not saying that you havent deployed in time previously.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

I just want to known where my service is?