Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems shoud be ban in let and leb. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems shoud be ban in let and leb.

Comments

• @reff said:
    Where to send a ticket? Electricbyte was bought out and shut down. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31911/new-wave-netconnect-acquires-electricbyte-com/p1

To ChicagoVPS.

• thought this thread was closed ?
    lol

• @darkshire said:
    thought this thread was closed ?
    lol

Yeah, it doesn't work, apparently.

@AnthonySmith said:
    If he sends it does the same apply to the host running the scam?

You seem way too eager to have me call "it" a scam and ban "the host". I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

If we have reason to believe a host is a scam, we'll discuss it as soon as possible and take appropriate actions (which usually includes a ban). We're so far away from that right here that I personally think we shouldn't even be discussing it.

@reff said:
    Where to send a ticket? Electricbyte was bought out and shut down. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31911/new-wave-netconnect-acquires-electricbyte-com/p1

You don't even know who to contact. Your first question should have been who to contact.

Let me try and help you out: ElectricByte was acquired by ChicagoVPS and I believe clients were merged or transferred. You should contact ChicagoVPS about any VPS issues you are experiencing. I've spoken to Chris and if you send in a ticket you'll definitely get a response (not from him necessarily, but from someone).

• mpkossen said: I've spoken to Chris and if you send in a ticket you'll definitely get a response (not from him necessarily, but from someone).

Also if it helps I think from time to time the email function in their WHMCS fails, so you may not get an email notification, just log into your client area and check to see if the tickets have been updated.

• akzakz Member

not much pitty for the OP here, if you had done your due diligence this would not have happened.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

We are willing to help anyone with an issue, all we need is a support ticket and it will be followed up on. LET is not a form of support and I don't check here that often as I am usually pretty busy, so just because I don't answer here doesn't mean we are a scam company, or ignoring the issue.

Please open a ticket.

• reffreff Member

@CVPS_Chris said:
    We are willing to help anyone with an issue, all we need is a support ticket and it will be followed up on. LET is not a form of support and I don't check here that often as I am usually pretty busy, so just because I don't answer here doesn't mean we are a scam company, or ignoring the issue.

Please open a ticket.

You said to send you a PM. I've had a ticket open since June.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@reff, your PM has been answered. The EB support desk is no longer maintained.

Regards

Chris

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mpkossen said: You seem way too eager to have me call "it" a scam and ban "the host". I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

I just don't see how taking money and not delivering can be considered a good thing, I agree @CVPS_Chris is not a scam host, obviously he would not have got to where he is today otherwise but I also genuinely don't understand how someone can actively promote a service take money and not deliver service for a month or so as fair.

That is why I suggested people post proof and I just started to think people were trolling CVPS when no one did.

It seems to me that CVPS_Chris is now saying this is absolutely not the case, he has delivered and always has delivered all services without any delays and the staff here agree with this and believe that everyone including @reff is just trolling.

What will be will be in the end I suppose, the untouchables will stay that way and in general the rule here is as long as you "could" provide service then it is fine to take peoples money as long as it gets delivered at some point.

Thanked by 2Toadyus geekalot
  • @mpkossen - it would be like buying (4) tires for your car and only being delivered (2), and then being told come back in a month we may or may not have to other (2) for you.

Unless this is the type of service you like to receive? I would quit protecting these providers who don't deliver and basically give the finger to any customer with any gripes.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2014

jbiloh said: Just part of the job :)

maybe you should take action against spammers rather than keep them on your network ... i still get daily spam from ur network

• TarZZ92 said: i still get daily spam from ur network

Same. I added SORBS to my list of blacklists, and it seems to be keeping things low.

AnthonySmith ,mpkossen

Thanked by 1MannDude

@yernsun thanks for posting screenshots.

Sadly it seems the general consensus is that this is not great service but LEB/T chose not to take action against hosts that take payment and don't actually provide any service for that money, I do not think it is right but at the end of the day it is the decision made by the staff.

I suppose maarten has already covered this with the buyer beware rules, you have done all you can do which is highlight the issues.

• Months followed on 123systems subscription 2Gb Ram plan and nothing works. Promises and explanations still didn't make the server live on up-time. Definitely pouring money and time into giving 123systems a try. Never again!

• I strongly disagree with "please understand that I have nothing to do with operations at 123Systems." If you own it, then you're the one in charge and can call the shots in any department. If something in a company you own sucks, then you're in control of making it better.

• jbiloh said: I know that they are half way done getting rid of the stabbed nodes.

They only ever had 11. If it's taken this long, and they are actually going thru that process...

• @serverian said:
    Per un pugno di dollari

wow man now i know how you make your money in reality

• yernsunyernsun Member
    edited August 2014

@amhoab said:
    I strongly disagree with "please understand that I have nothing to do with operations at 123Systems." If you own it, then you're the one in charge and can call the shots in any department. If something in a company you own sucks, then you're in control of making it better.

@CVPS_Chris is a liar

• Please read my topic about this...

• reffreff Member

I asked for a refund for my Electricbyte VPSs that I haven't been able to access for SEVERAL MONTHS (which CVPS now owns) but have been told that a refund can't be issued because CVPS "didn't handle the payment". How is this not a scam?

• AnthonySmith said: Sadly it seems the general consensus is that this is not great service

That's an understatement. It's absolutely terrible service for a variety of reasons.

I don't know all the details and I don't know what @yernsun is doing with his VPS, but judging by the screenshots that were shared here there seems to be something seriously wrong. The last ticket was from two weeks ago. Did anything change since then?

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, but can the OP still do a PayPal claim or not? If yes, I'd recommend him to do it right now. The server does not seem to work for whatever reason and 123Systems' support doesn't seem to know how to fix it either.

I'm wondering, though, @yernsun: why did you order with them in the first place?

@amhoab said:
    I strongly disagree with "please understand that I have nothing to do with operations at 123Systems." If you own it, then you're the one in charge and can call the shots in any department. If something in a company you own sucks, then you're in control of making it better.

That's definitely a strange statement to make. I'd say @CVPS_Chris does have a say in it, being the owner and all.

edited August 2014

Rallias said: They only ever had 11

wait.... are you saying 123systems has 11 physical nodes in total?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    wait.... are you saying 123systems has 11 physical nodes in total?

I think he is. But if you slab those with 4 instances each and benefit from KSM you'll have a lot more capacity. There's a formerly very popular host that's been quite successful doing this.

• mpkossen said: There's a formerly very popular host that's been quite successful doing this.

:o

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited August 2014

AnthonySmith said: wait.... are you saying 123systems has 11 physical nodes in total?

FACTUALLY What I am saying is that I installed 11 nodes with 3x slab, 10 being e3 series, 1 being an x3450, for ChicagoVPS during Augustish (I don't remember exactly when... might have been as late as November). I think I can safely assume they didn't like the slabbing schema considering that's what they actively said and that they never paid me the promised amount for that work.

So yes, I think it's safe to say there were only 11 slabbed nodes in the ChicagoVPS ecosystem.

• @Rallias said:
    So yes, I think it's safe to say there were only 11 slabbed nodes in the ChicagoVPS ecosystem.

What's with you and breaking contracts?

• If he didn't get paid for his work, the contract was already broken (and not by him).

• Rallias said: So yes, I think it's safe to say there were only 11 slabbed nodes in the ChicagoVPS ecosystem.

I thought you were talking about 123Systems.

I've known for a long time that ChicagoVPS uses ESXi to slab their nodes (without knowing the number of slabs/node). Courtesy to the script kaniini once released: https://github.com/kaniini/slabbed-or-not