Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems

1234568»

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited August 2014

And it is almost funny:

Here is the first reply:

Shall we create fresh VPS for you ?

Then I said yes.

And here is what I got back from them:

We are sorry for the inconvenience cause to you. There is some problem with our main node and senior admins are working on this. Your server should be online in next few hours.

I don't even know if this is logically consistent or just some errors in the autoreply robot.

Chris - just a friendly advice, you might want to reconsidering about hiring some Level 1 support techs who gets paid by how many tickets they responded, because they will just copy and paste the same answer a million times to each and every ticket.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • good one.. used the 40 off coupon on two different packages, and it said none were valid for this coupon lol.. why do i keep trying?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

As stated before, we are doing migrations, so yes services may not work fully until we are done.

It should work on all packages but the Regular KVM as we are not going to keep those.

Regards

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris KVM LA availble soon?

• my LA VPS still in NY node.

• @jackiesue2005 said:
    my LA VPS still in NY node.

Me too

• 123systems.net seems to be down!

Guess that is a sign of successful migration?

• edited August 2014

They maybe do so solusvm isn't down hours a day :)

• Finally got my two kvm vps in LA (KVM6 Node) today :D

• FYI: 123systems SolusVM went down very very often so don't expect it to be up so often. They often have had downtimes. Multiple a day.

• @hotsnow is your i.p blacklisted?

• @hotsnow said:
    Finally got my two kvm vps in LA (KVM6 Node) today :D

So lucky, my VPS still in NY....

• @MorningIris said:
    hotsnow is your i.p blacklisted?

it must be in, because it's ColoCrossing...

Ref: SBL221319
    23.94.0.0/15 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
    2014-07-24 18:43:32 GMT | velocity-servers.net

• 123systems.net & https://srv01.123systems.net:5656/ are up.

• The 'any new service' is false advertisement... only monthly plans!

I agree with @zhuanyi, before wanting to receive more customers (and $$$) quickly, getting overloaded with new work, get the existing countainers and KVMs working correctly

@zhuanyi said:
    And they just offered a 40% coupon to get more customers:

As you know, it was announced last week that New Wave NetConnect, the parent of market leader ChicagoVPS.net, has acquired 123Systems. We will continue to operate 123Systems as its own distinct brand and nothing from the customer perspective will change, except for a number of improvements that we are rapidly implementing. During our pre-purchase review we identified a number of areas where 123Systems was not doing a good job, and was subsequently providing a sub-par experience to its customers. We know that the virtualization web hosting market is very competitive, and that in order to maintain our clientele and grow the service simply has to be better. 

Through the past two weeks we have increased our support staff, added new nodes to spread existing customer loads, began a transition away from slabbing and improved abuse management so that nodes are not negatively impacted by a single VM consuming large amounts of resources. Our work will continue until we are 100% confident with the service being provided and all customers are pleased with their service. 

I invite any and all past and current customers to share their experiences with me directly via email ([email protected]). I will read each email personally and respond as quickly as possible. We are determined to regain your trust. 

We appreciate your patience and continue support and as a token of our appreciation use COUPON CODE "THANKYOU" on any new service order for 40% OFF FOR LIFE.

OpenVZ: http://www.123systems.net/ovz.html

KVM: http://www.123systems.net/kvm.html

WebHosting: http://www.123systems.net/shared.html

Discounted Dedicated Servers (available at ChicagoVPS): https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=30 

Thank you,
    Chris Fabozzi, Owner
    New Wave NetConnect

Unsubscribe: You are receiving this email because you are a current or past customer of 123Systems. If you wish to no longer receive customer update emails please login to your customer management center at http://www.123systems.net/billing/clientarea.php and untick the box to receive newsletters. 

CVPS_Chris please set up VPS for the current customers before getting more sales if that make sense?

• @CVPS_Chris it is been 7 days. KVM02 still offline.

• Donation.

• ahh, and finally, I got what I pay for. even though it is in the wrong location

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  1999.999 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 248 MB
    Total amount of swap : 255 MB
    System uptime :   4 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 5.91MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.79MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.19MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 616KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.03MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.87MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 441KB/s