Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Comments

• TripleflixTripleflix Member
    edited July 2014

Shit man this is fecked up, watching the news non-stop now. luckely none of my friends went that way.
    Seems like at least 50 people from holland were on that plane...

Crazy how all the Pro-russians immediatly saying they are not responsible, even thou the plane seems to be shot out of the sky by AA missiles...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2014

QuadraNet_Adam said: Anyone remember this?

That picture is fake.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dnwkdnwk Member
    edited July 2014

@nductiv said:
    Unsubstantiated reports that separatists were responsible. If so, they would likely not have detailed knowledge of flight corridors, or specific flight paths.

ADS-B broadcast your flight path

• dnwkdnwk Member

@rds100 said:
    This is not exactly an "accident" for me. This "accident" will be very convenient for someone. I guess we will see... soon.

The mysteries of that Korean plan shot down by Soviet still unsolved.

• QuadraNet_Adam said: Anyone remember this?

I'm pretty sure that's an A380

• W3HostW3Host Member

Posted at 4:40... you lot were late finding out :P

• @deejay31 said:
    I'm pretty sure that's an A380

Yes, that image is an A380 and not a 777, but we all get the idea.

Thanked by 1deejay31
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited July 2014

Go Vladimir Putin, Russian oligarch. What a joke.

• dobuzdobuz Member

God please gives strength to the families and friends of #MH17 victim..

Thanked by 2PremiumN Pieceago
  • Thank heavens that Ukraine is not a part of NATO otherwise things would be much worse right now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

JustJon said: Thank heavens that Ukraine is not a part of NATO otherwise things would be much worse right now.

If Ukraine was part of NATO would have had no territory under russian control.

• The fascist kiev regime at its worst.. Probably trying to blame the self-defence forces

• wychwych Member

I feel for the people on the plane and families that have been affected. It is such sad news.

Maybe one day the truth will come to light. However I do not see a reason for it to ever have been justified. It also begs the question why it was flying in what appears to be a know hotspot/warzone.

• omg 154 dutch people on the flight...

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@wych said:
    I feel for the people on the plane and families that have been affected. It is such sad news.

Maybe one day the truth will come to light. However I do not see a reason for it to ever have been justified. It also begs the question why it was flying in what appears to be a know hotspot/warzone.

Airplane routes are not easily changeable, very strict regulations etc.

• InglarInglar Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    The fascist kiev regime at its worst.. Probably trying to blame the self-defence forces

The most stupid comment ever posted on LET.
    I wish you better yet kiss someone's ass.

Thanked by 2shrubbles ihatetonyy
  • Yes, another brainwashed commie.

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • raidzraidz Member

@AlexanderM said:

Not true, pilots can change their route anytime they want for whatever reason.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM tux
  • ShivamShivam Member

Dam looks like their business is gonna drop and they lost a shit ton of money 2 flights destroyed.

• I expect that Nato doesn't enter in this war. Not too happy about another World War. I feel ashamed by the president of my country, Brazil, be a friend of that pseudo dictator that Putin is.

• I doubt this was done on purpose.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    This is unfortunate.

Anyone remember this?

that's an A380, not a 777

edit: already pointed out, my bad

anyway this is disgusting that innocent people had to die

• This makes me want to cry.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

raidz said: Not true, pilots can change their route anytime they want for whatever reason.

This is not totally true. Pilots can do lots of things in emergencies (e.g., divert to a nearby airport) but they can't say "usually I fly over Ukraine but today we will fly over Turkey instead". There are agreements involved regarding airspace, air traffic control, etc. as well as local noise pollution laws, local air traffic regulations about transponders, etc.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Inglar said: The most stupid comment ever posted on LET. I wish you better yet kiss someone's ass.

you not like the truth pal?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@TarZZ92 if only things were that simple

• FrankZ said: @TarZZ92 if only things were that simple

Give it 2 weeks. the Fascist regime in kiev will admit it was a "mistake"

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Yep

Kiev deployed powerful surface-to-air missile systems to E. Ukraine http://rt.com/news/173636-buk-malaysian-plane-crash/

The Ukrainian military reportedly deployed a battery of Buk surface-to-air missile systems, capable of bringing down high-flying jets, to the Donetsk region the day before the Malaysian passenger plane crashed in the area.

But I don't think they'll admit anything.

• http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/17/malaysia-airlines-plane-missile-attack-ukraine

Russia's state-owned Channel One avoided speculation of who might have been behind the plane crash in its first bulletins on the subject, while the Kremlin-friendly Life News, whose reporters were first on the scene, said it was likely to have been brought down by Ukrainian fire, claiming that the rebels did not have any missile systems with the capacity to down a plane travelling at that altitude.

However, a report on the website of Russian state television from late June described how the rebels in Donetsk had taken control of of a Ukrainian missile defence facility which was equipped with Buk systems. The report said that the rebels planned to "defend the sky over Donetsk" using the missile system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10975218/Malaysia-Airlines-crash-Intercepted-call-suggests-rebels-to-blame.html

A video has been released on YouTube, purporting to show an intercepted call from Pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The audio recording, which has added English subtitles, claims to have been the result of an intercept from the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU), who released the recording on their website.