Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter X5150 Review - What A BS Company - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter X5150 Review - What A BS Company

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Seems that there are widely variable opinions about the customer service response time . So to be fair I added a poll so the community can have the benefit of a larger pool of opinion then just mine and the few posters.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

60 or less is not an option?

@StephenIzzy said:
    But i want that in next few hours as i want to go with another provider, i can not play hide & seek with them.

do as @Jar says

• Everything has been perfect for me, and support is also great. Haven't waited more than 18 hours for a resolution.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @FrankZ - What is your IP address - please PM me

I will post the results here of what led to your server being taken offline.

To be taken offline for port scanning would mean a substantial amount of outbound scans. Its not just going to be one or two

@StevenIzzy - you keep PM'ing and I have told you clearly the reason. You then keep calling me out on every posting about Delimiter - lets make it public then you can't say you haven't had the response - the reason you were rejected is your email address is listed as a carder email by Maxmind, you are blacklisted on FraudRecord, you have a debt with another Yomura company, your Paypal account is not in your name or even same gender, your Paypal account is not even verified, the Paypal account is registered in a country thousands of miles from where you are located and so on. This order was never approved, you were asked for justification for the requested IP space so the order could be prepared whilst your order was under review.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

@MarkTurner - sure, PMed, but would have been nice if ticket was responded to first.
    Please post the complaints as well.

• @FrankZ - I am not involved with their tickets. I work for Yomura (their parent company)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • First look:

2014-07-15 04:42:42.194 200,000 PPS SNMP flood between the server and an IP starting 104.x.x.x

Whereas the other SNMP running between that server third party IPs were just a few packets like normal.

To me, that looks more like an SNMP query thats got stuck in a loop.

There are 475 port scan alerts from that server with IPs all over the place. If you want the exact IPs I'll need to request the list because we rotate the database logs every 10M entries.

Are you running something like Cacti, Zenoss, Observium, etc?

• FYI the complaints would have come from us (Yomura) to our subsidiary Delimiter. I don't see any third party complaints.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@MarkTurner - yes, I run Observium on that server to monitor about 50 Servers and VPS that I are mine. I have a couple that start as 104.x.x.x.
    So I got shut down with no warning for running Observium?

• We raised multiple complaints to Delimiter:

1. 200,000 PPS SNMP flood - that was actually the reason we told them to shut down your server. Something is very wrong with that number of packets for SNMP, its ridiculous and clearly something very very broken.

2. 475 port scan alerts - after 200 there was another notification to Delimiter shutdown the server.

You appear to have got the notification about the second complaints not the more important 200KPPS flood.

There is absolutely no reason to be pushing _ 258Mbps of SNMP_ between you and a single host.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Me and Mark have resolved this by PM as being an Observium issue, but in response to the above comment.
    My grafts do not show that same flow as what Mark said above.
    My server with Delimiter -
    Flood was at 2014-07-15 04:42:42.194 GMT so 2014-07-14 22:42 on my graft.
    server was shut down about an hour after that. during the midnight backup (the last spike on the graft)
    My graft for the server that got the flood - . I don't see much going on there at all late on the 14th.
    The providers graft for the server that received the SNMP flood
    Last spike is more then a day before, and it is out not in.

• SadySady Member

@MarkTurner said:
    FrankZ - What is your IP address - please PM me

I will post the results here of what led to your server being taken offline.

To be taken offline for port scanning would mean a substantial amount of outbound scans. Its not just going to be one or two

StevenIzzy - you keep PM'ing and I have told you clearly the reason. You then keep calling me out on every posting about Delimiter - lets make it public then you can't say you haven't had the response - the reason you were rejected is your email address is listed as a carder email by Maxmind, you are blacklisted on FraudRecord, you have a debt with another Yomura company, your Paypal account is not in your name or even same gender, your Paypal account is not even verified, the Paypal account is registered in a country thousands of miles from where you are located and so on. This order was never approved, you were asked for justification for the requested IP space so the order could be prepared whilst your order was under review.

I accept that all except blacklist things,
    But once you said that it is not possible to accept my order, after that there is only way that you should refund.
    That is what i recieved on 12th July (3 days ago) :

We have reviewed your order for a VPS, but following a risk review of your account it has been determined that we are unable to offer you this service at this time. A refund will be made for the order

>

BR, Anne

Can you refund it now & let me rest ?

• @StephenIzzy said:
    Can you refund it now & let me rest ?

Your payment was probably taken for the debt you owe?

• SadySady Member

@0xdragon said:
    Your payment was probably taken for the debt you owe?

Which debt i owed ?
    I am really tired of all that shit & probable want to go with someone else now.
    Purchased a server from Soyoustart yesterday for OpenVZ, Will go with FlipHost for KVM as soon as they will give me refund.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

@StephenIzzy said:
    Purchased a server from Soyoustart yesterday for OpenVZ, Will go with FlipHost for KVM as soon as they will give me refund.

-

@MarkTurner said: your email address is listed as a carder email by Maxmind, you are blacklisted on FraudRecord, you have a debt with another Yomura company

• SadySady Member

@0xdragon said:

MarkTurner said: your email address is listed as a carder email by Maxmind, you are blacklisted on FraudRecord, you have a debt with another Yomura company

I can assure that it is not listed as carder at all as i haven't got hands in it. Will never try it.
    I have also sent them a message to let me know the further details about that, but haven't got reply from them after that.
    Anyway i would like to leave that all for now & need refund.

• wychwych Member

Am I tripping or are two accounts part of this? @StephenIzzy & @FrankZ ?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: Am I tripping or are two accounts part of this? @StephenIzzy & @FrankZ ?

@StephenIzzy has hijacked the thread, @FrankZ seems to be sorted.

Thanked by 30xdragon FrankZ mikho
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    StephenIzzy has hijacked the thread, FrankZ seems to be sorted.

Fair play.

• SadySady Member

@Nekki said:
    StephenIzzy has hijacked the thread, FrankZ seems to be sorted.

I took the advantage of this thread as their ID on WHT is not active since 12th july.
    So that is the only way to get refund.

• wychwych Member

@StephenIzzy said:
    So that is the only way to get refund.

Clearly, or you could just e-mail Steve?

• SadySady Member

@wych said:
    Clearly, or you could just e-mail Steve?

I did it 2 days ago but no response from him as well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@StephenIzzy said:
    I took the advantage of this thread as their ID on WHT is not active since 12th july. So that is the only way to get refund.

Not an issue now since @Frankz has had his problems resolved, but in future it might be better to create your own thread instead of muddying the waters of someone else's.

Thanked by 2Pwner Monsta_AU
  • SadySady Member

@Nekki said:
    Not an issue now since Frankz has had his problems resolved, but in future it might be better to create your own thread instead of muddying the waters of someone else's.

Apologizes for that,
    Shall avoid that in future.

• NingNing Member

My Delimiter X5150 works fine, this time i got the same day delievey as advertised.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • ztecztec Member

My experience with them hasn't been great either. MarkTurner is a great guy though, which was pretty much the reason I gave them a chance. I wouldn't advise to use their cheap dedicated servers. Even as a hobby server, you won't have much fun.

• @ztec said:
    My experience with them hasn't been great either. MarkTurner is a great guy though, which was pretty much the reason I gave them a chance. I wouldn't advise to use their cheap dedicated servers. Even as a hobby server, you won't have much fun.

Would you care to elaborate? Which server do you have and what was wrong with it?

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited July 2014

@StephenIzzy - just to help put this to bed, here is a screenshot of the review showing the Maxmind message 'Known Carder Email'

http://imgur.com/S8BfCls

Just to add to this, refunds are not carried out over weekends, but batched up and issued once a week.

• SadySady Member

@MarkTurner said:
    StephenIzzy - just to help put this to bed, here is a screenshot of the review showing the Maxmind message 'Known Carder Email'

http://imgur.com/S8BfCls

Just to add to this, refunds are not carried out over weekends, but batched up and issued once a week.

I will check it with maxmind myself.
    Can you do something to make refund today or early tomorrow ? As i am waiting for last 4 days while it doesn't need that so much time as whmcs automate this with "cancel & refund" button on same page where they cancelled my order.

• wychwych Member

I doubt they will speed up refunds just for you.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
This discussion has been closed.