Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (bad) lesson from GreenValueHost - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My (bad) lesson from GreenValueHost

124»

Comments

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@eddynetweb - Well said man, i have no opposition. I feel some type of way.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • Mun said: in which case go back to school.

What? Isn't he already in a school?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Thanked by 2zionvps Mark_R
  • J1021J1021 Member

You should be hung for using Tinypic.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @1e10 said:
    You should be hung for using Tinypic.

You wish Big Boy.

• What a shame GVH doesn't like getting personal with clients, I always like to see that in a host :(

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

@Jack said:
    Please don't use a dig against someone if you don't know the actual line they said.

My apologizes for this misconception.

EDIT: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28295/vpsdatabase-is-closing-business-because-owner-is-now-19-years-old/p1#Comment_599561

• GreenValueHost said: there is absolutely NO reason why I'd owe you money simply because "I" ordered a service and didn't pay for renewal without submitting a cancellation request before the end of the period. Newsflash: Your services are billed on a prepaid basis

Man, come to think you could have prevented all of this by just paying another month and submitting a cancellation request... I wouldn't have had to think about this more than 1 second myself. You are a host yourself, why not extend the courtesy you expect your customers to give you to fellow provider? If anyone seems to be screaming for money, it's you!

Also, not paying does not mean cancelling a service. It may work like that with prepaid phones, but not with web hosting.

• wychwych Member

there is absolutely NO reason why I'd owe you money simply because "I" ordered a service and didn't pay for renewal without submitting a cancellation request before the end of the period.

That's gold right there.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Using a service while creating another account to avoid bill and continue service is not a simple matter of "gosh forgot to cancel". =)

• Overall I was happy with my GVH vps. Uptimes lasting 20-25 days at a time and with the price I was pleased. It was customer service and actions on LET which disappointed me. I believe they could have a fantastic product if they put a little care and heart into their brand.

Thanked by 2netomx NewforVPS
  • charoscharos Member

admins should definitely add tags to threads. That way we can grab some popcorn and browse by genres (comedy,drama,horror,sci-fi etc).There is just so much entertainment here on lowendtalk!

Thanked by 3netomx zionvps vedran
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

oops guys; wrong thread :P

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • cassacassa Member

@darkshire said:
    have some news to report guys.
    i sent the OP a PM, and.. well here are the results....
    enjoy :)

Working image:

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • darkshire said: have some news to report guys. i sent the OP a PM, and.. well here are the results.... enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmdimli9dvh18di/2014-06-09_15-19-34.png

Wrong thread?

Thanked by 2darkshire netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    edited June 2014

Wrong thread.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Wrong thread dudes.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

yes yes sorry; there are WAYY too many gvh threads to keep up with :P
    @nekki can you delete my and cassa's post on this thread please ?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@Nekki said:
    Wrong thread dudes.

I thought I went mad for a second.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Update: Yesterday, Steve Wilson from GVH asked me to re enable my VPS because I paid for annually. I agreed and requested him to move new VPS to the same location of the old one. Today, he created and sent the detail to me. I can play around with my VPS now. I don't know it will be ok or not. Only the time will tell.

To LET members: Thank you for all your help and support. I can't expect my first thread is so hot like this :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You could have gotten that from the beginning of you had waited for me to respond to your ticket, I'm not out to screw people. I'm glad you're happy though. Cheers.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • And they all lived happily ever after.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • @eddynetweb said:
    The day you stop thinking 4 drives is RAID10, the world will be a better place.

I thought you did need 4 drives for RAID10?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raid-levels-tutorial

Perhaps he meant that just having four drives isn't in itself RAID 10.

• GVH_Rakesh said: i'm not longer gvh staff, they fire me for talk this forum

admin please delete thread, they say won't pay my $40 for May if not remove comments

thanks kindly

• @hostnoob said:
    I thought you did need 4 drives for RAID10?

The more the better.

• Thanked by 1zionvps