Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (bad) lesson from GreenValueHost - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My (bad) lesson from GreenValueHost

Comments

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

If anyone has a past history of anything remotely related to scamming it's definitely not me.

So Lee you created a hosting company last year and you deadpooling it within months, do you see me calling you a scammer?

Rogan claims I have had 2 accounts and that I ordered a service with my first account, and didn't pay for renewal and and didn't submit a cancelation request and just left the invoice hanging. I do believe I had 1 account there. He claims that because I didn't cancel my service before the end of the billing period for my "first account" I owe him money. As of this date he has no evidence to provide and on top of that, a lot of clients choose to leave their invoice unpaid as as sign of wanting cancellation. Hosts that try to collect on that are desperste.

I'm not a scammer and I don't owe anyone money

• LeeLee Veteran

NewforVPS said: but at least I can log in to my VPS, right?

If that is good enough for you then all good.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    You really are a pretty useful moderator.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1206914&highlight=hostingcove

p.s meant useless.

Son, I am disappoint. Where by be the scam here?

Thanked by 1sambling
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

GreenValueHost said: I'm not a scammer scammer and I don't owe anyone money

Since you reached my cell via the office line the other day it was recorded automatically (for quality assurance and all). Combine that with a few PMs, a apology thread in the WHT prem section, other stories I have heard, combined with all of the other threads on you, I think you can be summed up as at the very least a extremely untrustworthy, dishonest person.

I do believe I had 1 account there.

I do believe there is public record of that being false from your own posts.

Thanked by 2darkshire Lee
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

OK. Believe what you want. Under no circumstances am I giving you money you don't deserve.

I initially just tried to go along with what you said despite my disagreement to get you to stop bashing, but your opinion doesn't matter to me anymore; you can go ahead and bash me all you want, but the end result is that you're desperate for money that is undeserved and desperate for money that I'm not going to give you.

And even if what you claim is true, which is not as you do not have any evidence from internal records presentable to court, there is absolutely NO reason why I'd owe you money simply because "I" ordered a service and didn't pay for renewal without submitting a cancellation request before the end of the period. Newsflash: Your services are billed on a prepaid basis. Do you have any idea how large of a scale this happens to other hosting companies? I'd understand if the service wasn't on a prepaid basis, but come on, you're screaming desperation and I'm not going to reward it. In conclusion, say what you want, I'll be there to correct your libelous statements and nothing more.

In regards to the OPs situation, I believe he's requested for his service to be reinstated, so we'll handle this over his ticket.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

@NewforVPS said:
    If you read my ticket carefully you will see that I asked to move the new VPS to another node but he's keep saying everything OK without doing anything. I know I can't expect great VPS with this price but at least I can log in to my VPS, right?

You misread my post. I see what you mean with the "saying everything OK without doing anything", but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're scamming you. You're just being denied a move because they're in denial and don't want to move you, or for some other reason. I only mentioned your old VPS, I was never speaking of the one you recently bought.

• geez please keep it in ticket, not on public site like here.

Thanked by 2netomx mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@lelewku said:
    geez please keep it in ticket, not on public site like here.

Dat sig.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

. edited

• @eddynetweb said:
    You misread my post. I see what you mean with the "saying everything OK without doing anything", but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're scamming you. You're just being denied a move because they're in denial and don't want to move you, or for some other reason. I only mentioned your old VPS, I was never speaking of the one you recently bought.

No, I never mean they're scammers. At first, I just want to ask about the downtime of new VPS. I'm a newbie so I didn't know what's happen when I can't connect to new VPS when they keep saying everything is OK. I didn't mention GreenValueHost in my first post but everyone knows who they are so I share the whole story.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

My vos with gvh has been online 18 days, working OK

• MunMun Member

@greenvaluehost, I really doubt that he is asking for a refund because he needs money, rather you are the one that needs the money. I can assure you that your service isn't perfect, and with your price point and overselling ability you should be easily capable of sending him a $5 refund, right? Unless you are running your business model with a near zero padding for upsets and issues, in which case go back to school.

For anyone thinking of purchasing from greenvaluehost.com I highly suggest otherwise, if not by the fact that their service is subpar, but more over because of Jon's response to his customers and this is common for him.

Mun

p.s. Thread should end here.

• J1021J1021 Member

GreenValueHost said: In regards to the OPs situation, I believe he's requested for his service to be reinstated, so we'll handle this over his ticket.

I had high hopes for the OP, this is disappointing.

• i think its time for a new coupon code

• samblingsambling Member
    edited June 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    You really are a pretty useful moderator.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1206914&highlight=hostingcove

p.s meant useless.

Damm. Mean't to quote not thanks but I have just woken up. Anyway. I had services with HostingCove and they still keep coming after me with invoices for services that I've left for them to terminate. They claim they will bring the bailiff around to get the money or something.... That thread isn't proof of scamming at all.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am just pointing in the right direction, there was at least one other thread on the issue, go work for it.

I have a PM still stored over at WHT when I discussed the issue with GVH at the time and he admitted it is was him and that he would sort it out and it was "an honest" mistake.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I am just pointing in the right direction, there was at least one other thread on the issue, go work for it.

I have a PM still stored over at WHT when I discussed the issue with GVH at the time and he admitted it is was him and that he would sort it out and it was "an honest" mistake.

paste a screenshot for epic brownie points.

• Again,

I initially just tried to go along with what you said despite my disagreement to get you to stop bashing, but your opinion doesn't matter to me anymore

This applies to you too, @W1V_Lee. But I don't care about what you have to say anymore, it is of no relevance. I should have never even considered your advice, taking in the fact that you tried to start up a hosting company promising to be different .. yet end up disappearing off the face of the planet in the matter of months.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    Again,

This applies to you too, W1V_Lee. But I don't care about what you have to say anymore, it is of no relevance. I should have never even considered your advice, taking in the fact that you tried to start up a hosting company promising to be different .. yet end up disappearing off the face of the planet in the matter of months.

I start, buy and invest in many hosting related ventures, I have no interest in long term options. However, just for reference;

The one you are referring to was as a result of me purchasing a very old host with a stunning domain name where the owner had no idea of the value. I transferred the 100 or so clients to a new host, sold that host with clients in a separate deal to the domain from the original host. Everyone was happy, well apart from the original person when he saw the price it was selling for.

I am a bad person? You can judge, however not one fuck shall be given about anyone's opinion.

So yeah, nice try but no luck there.

• You have no interest in long term options?

What a great example you're setting!

• J1021J1021 Member

GreenValueHost said: What a great example you're setting!

I don't think you of all people Jon, are in a position to be lecturing others on setting great examples.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    You have no interest in long term options?

I would be happy to verbally spar with you if it was worth it, but that response just shows the immaturity in you.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • MunMun Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    You have no interest in long term options?

lol, can we bring up the thread where you said you were going to change? You lied through your teeth, shut up and go away already. This thread has no purpose anymore, except to bicker like little children.

• SunnSunn Member

What the hell. Why is it that GVH always has some issues? My suggestion: Fire the marketing manager or whoever manages operations.

Trust me Jon, without his idiotic plans and decisions. GVH would of been much better.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:
    This is the one thing that winds me up - calling bad service a 'scam'. For all his faults, As far as I'm aware, Jon has never scammed anywhere.

In my opinion, providing something other than what's advertised is a scam. For example, if I was selling you Nike shoes, you would likely expect quality; I'm sure you'd be upset if you received shoes that fell apart within a week. The counterargument to this will be, "Well you're buying cheap shoes," which is true.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, opportunism, lust, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation, and naïvety. As such, there is no consistent profile of a confidence trick victim; the common factor is simply that the victim relies on the good faith of the con artist.

Aside from blindly linking/citing Wiki articles, I genuinely believe that in this case, each person affected has relied on the good faith of GVH; It's also pretty easy to see that Jon specifically takes advantage of people possessing the previously cited characteristics.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Sunn said: Trust me Jon, without his idiotic plans and decisions. GVH would of been much better.

This. Please behave, trust us :) My VPS is working fine btw

• @Sunn said:
    What the hell. Why is it that GVH always has some issues? My suggestion: Fire the marketing manager or whoever manages operations.

Trust me Jon, without his idiotic plans and decisions. GVH would of been much better.

The day you stop thinking 4 drives is RAID10, the world will be a better place.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @NewforVPS said:
    No, I never mean they're scammers. At first, I just want to ask about the downtime of new VPS. I'm a newbie so I didn't know what's happen when I can't connect to new VPS when they keep saying everything is OK. I didn't mention GreenValueHost in my first post but everyone knows who they are so I share the whole story.

Ah, gotcha. I just noticed that you said that your first VPS was good.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@eddynetweb said:

................... What are you trying to imply? I have stated my raid configurations and understandings. Will this "1 HDD Raid thing", follow me throughout this forums, for life?

Honestly, do you enjoy adding irrelevancy to the thread, in addition to my raid configs? It's not the first time you did this. I ask you kindly, to stop posting such doleful comments regarding me.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

Sunn said: Honestly, do you enjoy adding irrelevancy to the thread, in addition to my raid configs? It's not the first time you did this. I ask you kindly, to stop posting such doleful comments regarding me.

I actually don't do this very often, and I somewhat have respect for you. However, you look like a jerk insulting other hosts, when you could be using this time on improving your company, and not become them. Let GVH pull there own ass out of their head, and if they fall one day, so be it; they'll learn. It's great to give critique, but insults are just not right.