Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co officially deadpools - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co officially deadpools

Comments

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

Might it be our fault that put him to the point to shutdown his service?

He was already dealing with a lot, and we didn't help with all the threads. Getting hundreds of chargebacks can't be pretty. Jeez people, and just a month before you we're getting acceptable service, with very little downtime. You act like you never knew them.

I'm not taking sides, it just seemed noticeable. I really don't blame him for being blunt in that email, stress kicks in, and you kinda go wild.

• petrispetris Member

@eddynetweb said:
    Might it be our fault that put him to the point to shutdown his service?

If you can't take the criticism then you shouldn't be a service provider.

He was already dealing with a lot, and we didn't help with all the threads. Getting hundreds of chargebacks can't be pretty. Jeez people, and just a month before you we're getting acceptable service, with very little downtime. You act like you never knew them.

Hindsight is always 20/20. We know what was going on now however no one filled in any details until days after the event. Additionally, when we were filled in it revealed negligence on the providers part by waiting until the day the bill was due to pay it, or schedule to pay it.

I'm not taking sides, it just seemed noticeable. I really don't blame him for being blunt in that email, stress kicks in, and you kinda go wild.

Had his email been worded in a professional manner, then he may have left the door open for him to be able to eventually recover his name and start selling again. Instead, he burned down any bridge of hope he had for reviving his company or selling with his name in the future. Here's an example of what could have been sent out:

Dear Customers,

>

Due to a unfortunate series of events, we are not currently in position to continue to provide the service that we have been contracted to. Additionally, due to a large number of chargebacks over the last couple of days, we cannot directly issue refunds for services provided. Since we would like to provide a refund for the unused time of service, please take the following steps to receive a refund:

>

1. Contact us via a ticket to get the pro-rated (or full) amount of a refund we will provide.
    2. Submit a chargeback via PayPal in the amount we gave you.

>

If you follow the steps above, we will not dispute your claim and will receive your refund within 5-7 business days per PayPal's policies.

>

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Now, see how much nicer that email could have been? Had that email gone out instead of the one that did, this situation may have played out differently.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • xenexprimexenexprime Member
    edited June 2014

I was a Low End Customer for a few months, their service and support was excellent, didn't have any downtime and whenever I made a ticket it was quickly answered and solved. Didn't have a problem till this downtime happened and I made a ticket asking for a refund and I have received timely responses and was told to expect my refund withing 24-48 hrs after Michael himself told me to file and escalate a dispute on PayPal. Wasn't that hard to talk to the guy first and await his instructions to get my refund, seems those complaining here didn't give the guy a chance filed for disputes and then expected him to be happy that they did that without even notifying him.

Now personally I thought the posts here were very unjust as was the ban, it seem most of the people being harsh and trowing wood into the fire were other host providers going as far as telling people to file for charge backs FAST without talking or filing a ticket and please note I said "MOST" because it was not all but to me that was pretty unfair if they had no dealings with LowEnd to know about their support nor they should have been talking so much with no real knowledge.

BTW for the conspiracy theorist I am not affiliated with LowEnd and currently own Hosting at FlipperHost, DimeVPS and BitAccel. I have no complaints about any of them and use them all for different personal purposes such as hosting a gaming community site, personal word press site and 2 team speaks with 1 of them being a back up in case the main one ever goes down, all on different VPS's so I don't overuse the resources on any one of them and be unfair to others.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

petris said: If you can't take the criticism then you shouldn't be a service provider.

Valid point.

petris said: Hindsight is always 20/20. We know what was going on now however no one filled in any details until days after the event. Additionally, when we were filled in it revealed negligence on the providers part by waiting until the day the bill was due to pay it, or schedule to pay it.

I see what you mean, people where anxious though, and impatient. I guess this will teach other hosts to pay their bill sooner, and not wait until the last moment.

petris said: Had his email been worded in a professional manner, then he may have left the door open for him to be able to eventually recover his name and start selling again. Instead, he burned down any bridge of hope he had for reviving his company or selling with his name in the future. Here's an example of what could have been sent out:

He was however frustrated and irritated, and his anger was pushed out to his clients; I guess this applies to the first comment though.

• @xenexprime said:
    I was a Low End Customer for a few months, their service and support was excellent, didn't have any downtime and whenever I made a ticket it was quickly answered and solved. Didn't have a problem till this downtime happened and I made a ticket asking for a refund and I have received timely responses and was told to expect my refund withing 24-48 hrs after Michael himself told me to file and escalate a dispute on PayPal. Wasn't that hard to talk to the guy first and await his instructions to get my refund, seems those complaining here didn't give the guy a chance filed for disputes and then expected him to be happy that they did that without even notifying him.

Now personally I thought the posts here were very unjust as was the ban, it seem most of the people being harsh and trowing wood into the fire were other host providers going as far as telling people to file for charge backs FAST without talking or filing a ticket and please note I said "MOST" because it was not all but to me that was pretty unfair if they had no dealings with LowEnd to know about their support nor they should have been talking so much with no real knowledge.

BTW for the conspiracy theorist I am not affiliated with LowEnd and currently own Hosting at FlipperHost, DimeVPS and BitAccel. I have no complaints about any of them and use them all for different personal purposes such as hosting a gaming community site, personal word press site and 2 team speaks with 1 of them being a back up in case the main one ever goes down, all on different VPS's so I don't overuse the resources on any one of them and be unfair to others.

I see you're new; welcome to LowEndTalk. You'll see lot's of drama like this, I warn you.

Have fun. ;P

• @eddynetweb said:
    Have fun. ;P

Thank You, I signed up last night to be able to inbox mickeyr and Corey about hosting offers they had posted and decided to also chime in on this. :)

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • hyelton said: I can't control PayPal!

PayPal refunds are instant, and as far as I am aware they are possible with a limited account...

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited June 2014

Update: I lose my dispute w/ paypal, I guess M claimed it's as an intangible item which paypal lady also mentioned to me too. At first that lady suggested me to chargeback w/ my cc, but after few minutes waiting for her, she told me paypal "will" credit back to me since I'm a long time member plus with the documents I provided. I will have to wait for few more days for paypal's decision.

To M - if you are reading this, even thought the amount is very small but it's my hard earned money and I'm gonna fight for it.

Thanked by 3imp Mark_R Licensecart
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I agree many people here are nasty, but many are not. Neither me nor anthony ever stepped over the line, I did an educated guess based on past experiences AND mentioned all the time that I do not believe this was the intention.
    While not having a service from lowend.co, I talked with michael over skype some time ago and reached the conclusion he is not fit to run a tech show, in fact i was surprised he lasted so long and expanded so much.
    That being said, even if I was the first one to mention deadpool since 30 or 31st of may, that was only because I have a lot of experience in this field AND I wasnt happy about it, nor am I now because, even if this should teach a lesson to potential new hosts and customers, nothing will be learned, so, this was a waste. Any waste is bad, this was waste of time, money and nerves.
    There were mistakes on all parts, but, compared to what I have seen in the past, this community reaction was very mild. Not all people here are nasty, judging globally, you just make personal enemies and that does not help anyone.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited June 2014

@namhuy said:
    Update: I lose my dispute w/ paypal, I guess M claimed it's as an intangible item which paypal lady also mentioned to me too. At first that lady suggested me to chargeback w/ my cc, but after few minutes waiting for her, she told me paypal "will" credit back to me since I'm a long time member plus with the documents I provided. I will have to wait for few more days for paypal's decision.

To M - if you are reading this, even thought the amount is very small but it's my hard earned money and I'm gonna fight for it.

Please, don't use M. M is exclusively for @Maounique

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Lol, I didnt register it, but this might be an idea, think of all those money I would make if Microsoft pays me .00001 cent for each time they use the M word.

Thanked by 2netomx imp
  • @Maounique said:
    Lol, I didnt register it, but this might be an idea, think of all those money I would make if Microsoft pays me .00001 cent for each time they use the M word.

Microsoft makes more money from royalties on patents related to Android than Windows Phone sales so they let Android live.

• got my refund from michael :)

• @Sherlock said:
    got my refund from michael :)

^

GG LowEndTalk, blowing it out of proportion. His customers got their refunds, so it's not even a deadpool. Sounds like a perfectly normal closure now.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Talk about beating a dead horse. . .

• @GoodHosting said:
    GG LowEndTalk, blowing it out of proportion. His customers got their refunds, so it's not even a deadpool. Sounds like a perfectly normal closure now.

The guy emailed customers saying that they had 'deadpooled'. Not that 50% of the customers probably know what that means

• GoodHosting said: GG LowEndTalk, blowing it out of proportion. His customers got their refunds, so it's not even a deadpool. Sounds like a perfectly normal closure now.

Uh, we know of at least one refund. He also used the word deadpool himself and there was absolutely no warning from him any of this would happen - on the contrary, he filled everyone up with bs to buy himself more time.

I would hope GoodHosting.co's exit will be more graceful...

• @AThomasHowe said:

Yeah, he did say "deadpool" in his e-mail, I thought that was pretty funny myself.

As per the "filling everyone up with bs" , it was viCommunications who went around spouting bs to all the customers and such, when viCommunications [apparently] never worked for LowEND, I'm honestly not sure what happened with that one.

LowEND's owner however was being blatantly rude and not answering anyone's questions in the thread, but he did always say to "Open a ticket" ; which seems like a reasonable request from a provider tbh.

And yeah, we'd end a little more gracefully than this, if we were going to. But if we had someone like viCommunications spouting nonsense... I don't know that I'd even be able to damage control a situation that messed up.

• GoodHosting said: Yeah, he did say "deadpool" in his e-mail, I thought that was pretty funny myself.

As per the "filling everyone up with bs" , it was viCommunications who went around spouting bs to all the customers and such, when viCommunications [apparently] never worked for LowEND, I'm honestly not sure what happened with that one.

LowEND's owner however was being blatantly rude and not answering anyone's questions in the thread, but he did always say to "Open a ticket" ; which seems like a reasonable request from a provider tbh.

Nobody was getting replies to those tickets though and let's be honest, it's pretty obvious he tried to get vi to take the flak for him and then ge got angry when he threw them both under the bus. Him and LowEND were friendly before this thread.

Open a ticket = more reason for delay.

GoodHosting said: And yeah, we'd end a little more gracefully than this, if we were going to. But if we had someone like viCommunications spouting nonsense... I don't know that I'd even be able to damage control a situation that messed up.

Well, you could start by saying "AThomasHowe doesn't work for us and I'm not lying at my death bed with cancer" or whatever, probably a good start ;P Just do a @GVH_Rakesh on him.

• @AThomasHowe said:

Good point, he could have handled the situation differently.

I'm just cross since I was dragged into this whole thing, and some people here on LET are stupid enough to actually believe people like viCommunications. I went on IRC and some people still think I'm that 15-year-old child from Australia that ran HardCloud.

Oh well.

• Why argue about the finer details of a service that is no longer available. People come here to find budget servers and maybe discuss some related tech.

I don't see why some [random username here]'s accusations of this and that have anything to do with a business as a going concern. It sounds like two old women arguing over who ate the last chocolate biscuit.

• PeroniPeroni Member

So why did Goodhosting even get unbanned? He was banned for scamming along with LowendCo, why unban a scammer?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited June 2014

@Peroni said:
    So why did Goodhosting even get unbanned? He was banned for scamming along with LowendCo, why unban a scammer?

It was done in good faith to give him a second chance, because we did not have hard evidence for their link.

• Why is he even banned again.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Saiku
  • SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@IceCream said:
    Why is he even banned again.

This.

• @Saiku said:
    This.

+1 @mpkossen

• socialssocials Member
    edited June 2014

@IceCream @Saiku @jeffreywinters

I believe it's because someone found out that lowend.co suddenly redirected to goodhosting.co. People had suspicions from the start and that only confirmed that they're related and running some sort of scam.

• c0yc0y Member

@socials said:
    IceCream Saiku jeffreywinters

I believe it's because someone found out that lowend.co suddenly redirected to goodhosting.co. People had suspicions from the start and that only confirmed that they're related and running some sort of scam.

Then why did he openly ask for a solution to stop it from redirecting it to him? Maybe he didn't know it was actually possible to block redirect using referrer?

• @c0y said:
    Then why did he openly ask for a solution to stop it from redirecting it to him?

Because he was trying to soften the blow? Didn't work. At all.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Yeah legit. lowend.co now redirects to @mpkossen's facebook page.