Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co officially deadpools - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co officially deadpools

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Is there a rule preventing <1year hosts from posting any offers with 1 month> terms?

It's a yearly max of $15 for hosts in business for less than a year.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

Ah ok thanks.

Maybe it would be best to only allow monthly offers?

It works in 2 ways, forces responsible spend i.e. your not taking payments that should span out over the whole year and spending them by the second month i.e. you spend next months server rent this month because people paid yearly.

It also gives a bit more protection, instead of losing $15 they may only lose $5 for example, not much of a big deal for some people but not everyone's countries economy is the same so it could be a bid deal in say Indonesia?

• @Nekki said:

That seems kinda silly. What if everyone signs up for $15/yr and then the host disappears after a month?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014
    1. Nobody should sign for an year with a host they dont know. Unless 15 $ is nothing. If they do, well, there is no cure for stupidity.
    2. This is not meant to be a blog for people which do not know what they are doing. LE* is for unmanaged services, mostly, people which do not what they are doing when buying, will probably not know what they do when they paste some commands in putty. Better to get burned and leave.
    3. People reading the blog are likely to be able to read the comments too. If they do not know what they are doing AND do not know how to read the warnings, well, better not come here to share their rants for hosts that dont allow their WIndows ISO on OVZ or Xen-PV.

That being said:
    http://imgur.com/vIqqFSP

In response to my comment:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/599379/#Comment_599379

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    That seems kinda silly. What if everyone signs up for $15/yr and then the host disappears after a month?

Then they should have done your homework. Think of it as an attempt at damage limitation, like giving a lemming a crash helmet.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • jhjh Member

Short and sweet LOL

yeah fair enough.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: `Please be advised that we are going to deadpool.

Nice use of the slang term here. I suspect he doesn't know the meaning of the term "dead pool".

Not "we're closing down" or "we're ceasing operations"...we're "going to deadpool". That's funny.

said: By my reckoning around 5-10% of hosts advertising here don't last the year.

I think that's very optimistic.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

For clarity, I don't set or have a say in the pricing policies, so if you've got feedback on them have a chat with Maarten or Spirit.

Personally, I have enough disposable income that I can afford to take a couple of $15 hits a month, and I don't mindlessly buy everything at that price point so the current policy works fine for me. I've always considers anything beyond a monthly a bit of a gamble and I guess I assumed everyone else though the same.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Since this topic is about a provider which has been banned from this forum, is there any reason while we still keep it open? The status of the provider has been clarified already in the past topic and he officially sent out notes.

• wychwych Member

@XTServers said:
    Since this topic is about a provider which has been banned from this forum, is there any reason while we still keep it open? The status of the provider has been clarified already in the past topic and he officially sent out notes.

Because people discuss things on forums?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Some interesting stuff:

https://lowend.co now uses a wrong SSL certificate:

**You attempted to reach lowend.co, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www.chososadventures.com.**

Whois dump of chososadventures.com:

PoolParty seems to be some kind of mining pool

Not really... This has been brought up already...

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

Seems they're still accepting orders...

• @VMbox said:
    Seems they're still accepting orders...

They're not accepting orders, they cant be bothered to take the order area down...

• VPNVPN Member

@XTServers said:
    Since this topic is about a provider which has been banned from this forum, is there any reason while we still keep it open? The status of the provider has been clarified already in the past topic and he officially sent out notes.

All the more reason to talk about it. Lessons can be learnt from this scenario.

• There does seem to be an opportunity to have a resource that lists all the flash in a pan hosts, detailing when they first came about and when they disappeared, with some notes about reasons for disappearing (out of their control, general ineptitude etc), and some links to thread commentary like this one.

If any new LET member wants a couple of nodes, fine... there are enough hosts that are more than adequate and at low end prices.

For anyone wanting nodes on scale, with separate providers and separate IP ranges (yes, there is a requirement for this)... it seems we're either destined to suffer some these occasions or go to great lengths researching each company, its owner and their backgrounds first. In the latter, simply paying for $10/m better known hosts would cost the same financially with less maintenance going forward. I could care less about who runs a host, simply that the host is run.

If anyone would like to create such a resource that'd surely get a few thousand views a month simply by being online... it's something I'd use.

At times it does seem like the LET community could simply be one page with 50 or so hosts listed that'd likely still be around in 12 months time.

• SunnSunn Member

@Nekki - Why were others banned like: ViCommunications and Goodhosting?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited June 2014

@Sunn said:
    Nekki - Why were others banned like: ViCommunications and Goodhosting?

I think ViCommunications deserved to be banned. He was making false Claims against again LowEND.co trying to reuin the name even though he once "Worked" for LowEnd I think. And there was no reason for GoodHosting to had been banned, He is a registered Company in Canada, Thats where I`m getting my new VPS from.

• impimp Member

hyelton said: I`m getting my new VPS from.

Death of LowEnd was Promotion for GoodHosting.

• There goes my respect for that guy in the other thread for helping GoodHosting with HostDime... Maybe this was planned?

• @namhuy said:

image link: http://i.imgur.com/gWJ6v3b.png
    quite funny, i opened dispute on sat 05/31/2014 since his website was down and he didn't say a word here, right after the dispute, he submitted the disagreement right away to paypal, yes was on sat 05/31/2014. He was not active here nor try to make his website up but very active with paypal :)

Officially made my day, what a stupid kid. I thought Jon was bad at GVH, well he's made it to the top of that leaderboard.

edited June 2014

So he said he is deadpooling (knowing his paypal account was already limited) and asks people not to dispute but to put a ticket in asking for a refund, when you put the ticket in he says he cant because his account is limited and asks you to file a dispute after saying he will fight all disputes and I quote/paraphrase "I will not be nice anymore"

I don't think he is malicious just on the lower end of the IQ scale.

Thanked by 2netomx zionvps
  • Got to say, I disagree with the banning.

LowEndTalk has always been about letting people speak their minds.

Let the community do the policing.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

One last time regarding the bannings;

Vi was banned because he was clearly out for blood, and his accusations were ludicrous.

LowEND was banned because of his refusal to explain himself and his ridiculous reasoning for deadpooling (you're all nasty). He has a track record of doing a runner, and it appears he's doing the same again.

There is an as-yet unexplained connection between GoodHosting and LowEND; despite apparently living on different continents they've posted from the same Australian IP address, and as part of the LowEND collapse the remaining clients were apparently being moved to GoodHosting, all of which combined seemed fishy to me.

sleddog said: Got to say, I disagree with the banning.

LowEndTalk has always been about letting people speak their minds.

Let the community do the policing.

I expected that not everyone would agree, especially with regard to GoodHosting, but I did what I think was right. Whether the bans stand or not will be down to @mpkossen @spirit.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Licensecart
  • @Licensecart said:
    Officially made my day, what a stupid kid. I thought Jon was bad at GVH, well he's made it to the top of that leaderboard.

To me it looks like that client had already opened a claim before asking for a refund & on top of that it seems that maybe they where trying to get a refund before this downtime started after receiving service? I don't run a web host but I see a lot of this people using the service for a while and then trying to do a charge back for no reason. The downtime is understsndable to ask for a refund but if he had perfect service that was stupid! OR he filed a charge back/claim before asking for a refund in a ticket, Michael clearly stated that he would refund , just open a ticket. I can agree with him getting angry over people filing claims as It will and Has seemed to have had limited is PayPal account which will make it harder for him to refund clients.

@Nekki said:
    One last time regarding the bannings;

He has a track record of doing a runner, and it appears he's doing the same again.

A Runner wouldn't offer a refund and countinue awnsering tickets to provide a refund. And he has been trying to also get everyones data back. Every deadpool I've been with disappears and hear nothing from them. Michael is sticking around and trying to make things right the best he can.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hyelton said: A Runner wouldn't offer a refund and countinue awnsering tickets to provide a refund. And he has been trying to also get everyones data back. Every deadpool I've been with disappears and hear nothing from them. Michael is sticking around and trying to make things right the best he can.

Deadpool was Michael's words.

Wait and see how many people actually get refunds.

Is there any evidence that he's got anyone's data back, or has he just said that?

Thanked by 2Licensecart Mark_R
  • make things right

A functional VPS is about the only right there is, IMO. All this "other thread", "not being nice anymore", calling providers by their first names... are things that don't need to be thought about, as a customer of a web host.

• Nekki said: I expected that not everyone would agree, especially with regard to GoodHosting, but I did what I think was right.

Fine. But in that case you should also close the thread. Either let everyone speak, or declare the discussion ended.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @Licensecart said:
    There goes my respect for that guy in the other thread for helping GoodHosting with HostDime... Maybe this was planned?

That's a matter of conspiracy. puts on tin foil hat

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:
    Is there any evidence that he's got anyone's data back, or has he just said that?

Yes Deadpool was what he said, Which was after LowEND was being Bashed by others And that I think is what had led to the decision.

Email:
    LowEND || Battle LowEndTalk.com!
    XXXX,

Once you have confirmed that you have gotten a refund I will ask you kindly to post on LowEndTalk.

Refund Period: 24-72 Hours (I can't control PayPal!)

Regards,
    Michael Long
    Level 2 Management