Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iceland? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iceland?

Comments

• nabonabo Member

@Amfy said: On Twitter they said (I think it was German) that Iceland will be online yesterday/today/friday - so, yeah

Any news? Its just 1 hour left and then it's Saturday in Austria. ;-)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • VRS is ready, KVM not entirely yet (basics working but install has problems)

I work the order queue down now and deploy all VRS :)

Thanked by 1nabo
  • All VRS have been delivered.

• Finally, I've received thy VRS SMart in Iceland. Thank you :)
    One problem is with the Ubuntu repos, it's not working, so we have to add it manually.

• InglarInglar Member

When KVM in the Iceland will be ready? :)

• Finally, I've received thy VRS SMart in Iceland. Thank you :)
    One problem is with the Ubuntu repos, it's not working, so we have to add it manually.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: One problem is with the Ubuntu repos, it's not working, so we have to add it manually.

Could you define that?

• edited June 2012

When I want to run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, it says no package available.
    So I have to modifiy the /etc/apt/source.list in the Ubuntu. I've tested the Ubuntu 10.04, and Ubuntu 10.10, and same error.
    Then I try the Debian, and it works, no complain about packages.

Please do not assume I'm complaining about the service :)
    The VPS itself is good, about 18 or 8 core, and that's "WOW".
    My first VPS that have so many core

• Attn CentOS6 users: there's a kink to updating an EDIS VServer.

I did a full update, from CentOS 6.0 to CentOS 6.2. After that, the VPS kicked me off SSH as soon as I responded to the password prompt. EDIS tech support advised me to not update the system. Well, that's a non-starter, due to security concerns.

It turns out that the problem is with the updated sshd config file installed by the OpenSSH update. It inverts EDIS's PAM authentication setting, causing auth failure at login. It is perfectly OK to update the entire system as long at the original UsePAM value is retained in the sshd_config file.

FYI.

• rds100rds100 Member

Does chattr +i work on VRS? How does yum react if a file it tries to upgrade is immutable?

• 96mb96mb Member

ICELANDONLY This promo code entered has expired...

Darn...too late again, LOL :)

• More CentOS6 kinks. No show stoppers but good to know.

1. You can't reboot the VPS from within the VPS. It must be done from the Control Panel.

2. Logged recurring complaints from rsyslog about "ModLoad imuxsock" option. Fixed with -c3 compatibility switch.

• @swsnyder said: You can't reboot the VPS from within the VPS. It must be done from the Control Panel.

Which is not uncommon and also the case with OpenVZ (at least some time ago).

• nabonabo Member

Any news on Iceland and KVM?

Thanked by 2Amfy jcaleb
  • Monday/Tuesday depending on ThorDC support - BBU of the raid card got disconnected in shipment and we need them to reconnect it to enable all caches or the performance will suck.

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited June 2012

-Now it's Tuesday... seems like my first bad experience with Edis-

Got the VPS right now :)

• @Amfy said: Now it's Tuesday... - first bad experience with Edis :(

Minor setbacks happen; Murphy will rear his ugly head anywhere. Since doubtless @William doesn't have onsite techs at every location, they're forced to work by the DC's schedule... so just have a little patience.

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: so just have a little patience.

It's ATM a 3 weeks patience ;-) However, we've just Tuesday at Lunch time (GMT). So they still have a lot hours left.

• AmfyAmfy Member

Ok, got the VPS right now :)

• RobertRobert Member

I've had my Micro Vserver for a few days. Think the server went down this morning for a few minutes ;-)

• All KVMs have been delivered now - All VRS already had been delivered Friday.

Minor downtime today was to connect the RAID BBU (we didn't announce it since it took only a few minutes and we didn't know the exact time when they do it anyway)

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

My KVM cannot be started and the support page redirects me to some contact away from WHCMS (without logging me out, so what's happening with my session)?

• @William said: All KVMs have been delivered now - All VRS already had been delivered Friday.

>

Mine hasn't :(

• lumaluma Member

I got mine.

Works great so far!

Thanks.

• @DanielM said: Mine hasn't :(

mmmm, does it say Active, IS: and no IP?
    It might have been overseen - i will look at it in the morning after my night shift :)

• Nope, says pending :(

• Interesting, seems someone accepted the order but didn't deploy it then - I deployed it now for you :)

IPv6 is now also beta testing in Iceland and should be available Friday.

Ping seems amazing, Better than before. from home i get less than 50ms!

• IPv6 is tested now and is available, data is in the control panel.

Please be reminded to use this for setup:

ip r a 2a03:0f80:0354::/48 dev eth0
    ip -6 addr add 2a03:f80:354:37:235:49:YOURLASTIPOCTET:1/64 dev eth0
    ip -6 r a ::/0 via 2a03:f80:354::1