Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best control panel for vps servers is... Virtualizor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The best control panel for vps servers is... Virtualizor

sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
edited May 2014 in Reviews

I have been testing a few control panels lately and me and the team have gone with Virtualizor Control Panel for our hosting services after lots of testing and client end ease of use etc and i would have to say it is the best.

If you have not used this control panel you should try it out it is the best as far as i can tell form testing both admin and client end, Solusvm is nice and feathur too but there is something about Virtualizor that we really like for OVZ VPS.

They do a 1 month License for free and the support is the best i have come across so i just wanted to share this as it is a great panel but wow support is amazing if you use this panel you will know exactly what i mean!

My conclusion is that Virualizor is better than Solusvm though i know a few will say out right no it is not but after testing me and my team would say yes it is the best though we are looking into feathur too for kvm vps.

A little info from http://www.virtualizor.com/

Virualizor is a powerful web based VPS Control Panel. It supports OpenVZ, Xen PV, Xen HVM and Linux KVM virtualization.

Admins can create a VPS on the fly by the click of a button VPS users can start, stop, restart and manage their VPS using a very advanced web based GUI.

Users and Admins can see various sorts of Graphs in order to better manage their resources.

Best VPS Control Panel
  1. Virtualizor is the best!55 votes
    1. Really? Ok i will try it out!
      21.82%
    2. Virtualizor is better than solusvm
      20.00%
    3. Feathur is my fav vps panel
      18.18%
    4. I use a panel not listed here!
      34.55%
    5. Yes i use it!
        5.45%

Comments

• Feathur is better!

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack said:
    Isn't that the one full of exploits and relies on a remote license server which is always down?

Which?

• I think I-83 use this panel. It's okay considering what I pay for it but it's not great (the control panel that is, server is fine)

• Jack said: Isn't that the one full of exploits and relies on a remote license server which is always down?

Not that i know of.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@AThomasHowe said:
    I think I-83 use this panel. It's okay considering what I pay for it but it's not great (the control panel that is, server is fine)

I don't think they do.

@i83 said:
    We run Proxmox not SolusVM;

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25416/awesome-april-offers-ipv6-ipv4-unmetered-gigabit-ports-france-eu

• Looks like it to me. uses a similar skin if not.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wychwych Member

@AThomasHowe said:

Looks like it to me. uses a similar skin if not.

You should check my last post...

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

wow that really looks like virtulizor.

• It seems you're right, it does look similar though.

Would have been nice if you'd added the proof before I saw it and posted though ;)

• wychwych Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    It seems you're right, it does look similar though.

Would have been nice if you'd added the proof before I saw it and posted though ;)

Edits take time! :)

• I am pretty sure wych is right, the images for example link to:

https://i-83.net/account/modules/servers/proxmox/template/images/reinstall.png

I guess the guy who made the proxmox temple took some inspiration (or the other way round). Or maybe it's a UI framework... who knows.

• SanderSander Member
    edited May 2014

We use Virtualizor and I think Virtualizor is very easy to use. It's easier to setup and manage than SolusVM.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • earlearl Member

I really liked this as an enduser.. but maybe it was a nightmare on the administration side, since I noticed the providers that use this end up changing to soluvm.. this was years ago thought may have changed by now.. I think ipxcore started with virtualizor.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

earl said: a nightmare on the administration side

Not really though it is not as simple as setting up solusvm i admit but once it is setup it is really good i am very happy with it the main reason i posted was because myself and the team are happy with virtulizor though a few of my team want feathur to be used but i like virtulizor so we will stick with that and use feathur for kvm vps.

Does anyone use virtulizor for kvm vps?

• i83i83 Member

Just to confirm we do not have any products running via the Virtualizor platform.

• wychwych Member

@Jack said:

I thought so too, epic multiquote btw.

• lol some trickery quoting there.

• blackeyeblackeye Veteran

I think virtualizor is easy .

last year I using solusvm stuck on ip block :v

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • blackeye said: last year I using solusvm stuck on ip block :v

Basically virtulizor is the easiest to use, we where worried about security but they assured us it would be fine also we did do some security tests and everything seems to check out, but nothing is full proof and nothing is unhackable.

• earlearl Member

sz1hosting said: Does anyone use virtulizor for kvm vps?

Now I remember why I like it.. Virtualizor offered templates for KVM way before solusvm implemented it on their CP.. It sure saved a lot of time rather than having to reinstall.

• earl said: It sure saved a lot of time rather than having to reinstall.

Oh i see nice, so having kvm and ovz on the same node would be ok have you done this?
    My team said they will not put kvm and ovz on the same disk or even server, i am not super techy like they are so excuse my lack of understanding in some aspects of server administration.

• earlearl Member

@sz1hosting said:

As I mentioned I was only an enduser..I bought a KVM from carstensz pyramid couple years back.. not sure if you can put both virtualization type on the same node as I never messed around with the administration side of it.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • earl said: not sure if you can put both virtualization type on the same node as I never messed around with the administration

side of it.

Oh ok i see : )

Thanked by 1earl
  • said: form

i ment from, editing will delete the poll.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jack said:
    Yeah jarland used it..

Was virtpanel, boy was that filled with regrets.

• Is the WHMCS plugin from them free or third party that needs to be paid?

• Does Virtulizor support the assignment of IPv6 subnets?

edited June 2014

eddynetweb said: Does Virtulizor support the assignment of IPv6 subnets?

The First part is the basic setup your Main Server for IPv6.

Just google "centos tunnelbroker".

Now we must add the ipv6 subnet to the Virtualizor Bridge.

For Example youhave ipv6 subnet from tunnelbroker: 2001:470:1f0b:xxxx::/64

login via ssh to your server as root and do:

ip addr add 2001:470:1f0b:xxxx::1/64 dev viifbr0

Now, the 2001:470:1f0b:xxxx::1 is the Gateway for the VPS Clients

U can write this in /etc/rc.local to do this on server starts.
    Also disable ip6tables ! (service ip6tables stop)

Now Login to Virtualizor Panel an add IPv6 Pool.

Gateway: 2001:470:1f0b:xxxx::1
    Netmask: /64
    Nameserver1: 8.8.8.8
    Nameserver2: 8.8.4.4
    Generate IPv6: 2001:470:1f0b:xxxx:0002:0002
    Number of IPv6: 50

Now you can add ipv6 addresses to your Servers.

Also:
    If you do not want to disable the ip6tables add these rules to:
    /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables

.# Echo Request (protect against flood)

-A INPUT -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 128 -m limit --limit 5/sec --limit-burst 10 -j ACCEPT

.# Echo Reply

-A INPUT -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 129 -j ACCEPT

If you need any further advice or support go to http://virtualizor.com and submit a support ticket and you will receive out standing support.

Select virtualizor support when submitting a ticket at:
    https://www.softaculous.com/support/open.php

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • nexmark said: Is the WHMCS plugin from them free or third party that needs to be paid?

the "plugin" for whmcs is free.

• Also 1 click install of webuzo cPanel etc, we really like webuzo the best free panel, it has very low memory and cpu usage to helps us and our clients save memory and cpu!